The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Planning to change location

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
A

Anon101637

Hi !

I'm slowly planning in my head to start the driving license and I want to pinpoint a location I want to establish myself on the US and to establish my own business I plan to take a studio appartment like MJ did for his limo business because I hate the winter in Canada and I love the beautiful sunset of the USA. I checked about like 5 different location I could go to establish myself on the USA. The first option would be Florida which I think it's the one I plan to go the most. The second option would be Southern California. The third option is Texas. The fourth option is Arizona and the fifth option and the last one is Los Angeles. So after finishing my driver license I don't plan to pay the car full cash and I plan to rent it so I don't know about what car MJ had when he went to Arizona if I remember the TMF book he said he rent a crappy toyota or hyundai but it was just enough to do the bare minimum job for establishment. So when I will arrive to Florida or any other location I don't know how I could make the money I feel like a minimum wage job would be so hard to get out of poverty. So I think helping people with their website or I think it's freelancing would help me get the bills faster than a shitty minimum wage job. I don't plan to sell my time in exchange for money to build the website so that's why I have my own strategy in mind I think I want to buy many books on marketing and bring them with me or find a library near my location, etc. As up for computer science there's lot of resources online you can find to build a website a mobile application etc. so I won't need computer science book and the computer science of today compared to MJ time isn't fill with much information. So I don't know to all the guys who move out what was your experience how did you handle the stress was it a big life changing event like you felt powerful and gain a good feeling of confidence and control did you meet new people make new friends, connections I'm really curious to hear some of your history.

Can't wait to see your answer and have a fantastic day !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
So you have no idea what you're going to do, how you're going to pay for it, or where you're going...what could possibly go wrong? But more importantly - what fantastic experiences await you!

Some basic questions:
1. Have you fully researched what you'll be dealing as a Canadian citizen moving to the US? Is it your intention to become a US citizen?
2. The cost of living in the areas you mention are very different. I recommend you take a hard look at that as you consider this move.

There's nothing wrong with having a "crappy" job in the beginning to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly. But never lose track of what you're doing. In fact, frequently the crappy job can be the inspiration for Fastlane success. Or at least provide some of the tools you'll need along the way.

A client of mine started as a plumber's apprentice. Worked his butt off and did many dirty jobs. He now owns his own plumbing franchise with 10 employees and is considering his next phase of expansion. The world is full of such examples, this is just one I know of personally.

What kind of car you get and how you pay for it is the least of your concerns right now. Hell, don't even get a car until you get down to wherever in the states you decide to try first.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to learning how your adventure plays out.

A

Anon101637

So you have no idea what you're going to do, how you're going to pay for it, or where you're going...what could possibly go wrong? But more importantly - what fantastic experiences await you!

Some basic questions:
1. Have you fully researched what you'll be dealing as a Canadian citizen moving to the US? Is it your intention to become a US citizen?
2. The cost of living in the areas you mention are very different. I recommend you take a hard look at that as you consider this move.

There's nothing wrong with having a "crappy" job in the beginning to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly. But never lose track of what you're doing. In fact, frequently the crappy job can be the inspiration for Fastlane success. Or at least provide some of the tools you'll need along the way.

A client of mine started as a plumber's apprentice. Worked his butt off and did many dirty jobs. He now owns his own plumbing franchise with 10 employees and is considering his next phase of expansion. The world is full of such examples, this is just one I know of personally.

What kind of car you get and how you pay for it is the least of your concerns right now. Hell, don't even get a car until you get down to wherever in the states you decide to try first.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to learning how your adventure plays out.
Yeah I have soon finished college I have my own website and my own mobile application but the minimum wage crappy job wouldn't be enough to pay for the rent of an appartment and for the car I just plan to use it to get to the state and that's it and maybe sell it I don't know I plan to go to grocery store with bare hand and pay a car and house full cash later when I will establish myself maybe bring some business friends that can further carry extra motivation. But I still live with my parents so I want to get into business venture after finishing college. I would definitely bring my computer it would be beneficial for my travel since with this I'm going to code application and get out of poverty otherwise my chance of becoming rich would be screwed. I plan to eat ramen needle of course I would need a little of meet for strength

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.