The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does your plan for success often involve moving to a desired location?

NotAnotherUser11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 23, 2019
This is a bit of a land fill type topic but I've always wondered this after seeing a trend with friends / family I know. Young, old, well off or struggling - most of them are moving south or to warmer regions. Mainly Florida.

I am from a small town from the north east of the US and something hit me today. I walked out in 60 degree weather (MUCH warmer today than it was these past weeks) and was hit with an instant feeling of bliss and relief. I think most of this comes down to getting an appropriate dose of vitamin D, much like why people take tablets of it or buy the special lamps to combat S.A.D - Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Not everyone is built for the cold, some love it. However - I still cannot get over the amount of folks moving south even without any real plans in mind.

What I've noticed is that most of them stay. Do they have issues with the high, high humidity? Of course. But it is certainly more desirable than the cold - at least to them.

So that's my question, how many of you plan on moving to a location that you've always dreamt (Dreamed?) of.

This is not a thread revolving around "What color muh lambo be" or "Why come I no millionare?", rather one looking into the geographical proclivities of where people would want to move if they could go wherever it is they wanted.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
There’s a lot of benefits to packing up and moving to where you want to live. Especially in this day and age it’s easier than ever before.

If you live in America, you have the benefit of living in huge country and with a wide variety of climates and cultures and you can freely move to any you want. If you’re not happy where you are, pack up and move. The most difficult part is starting.

D

DeletedUser0287

Yup, if money wasn’t a barrier.

My dream locations are like the majority. Hence the high prices.

LA, NY, Seattle, Portland, Dallas, San Diego

Unfortunately, My business venture requires a lot of room. The places I listed I can only afford a small box.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Besides weather, most of the southern states are much more business friendly (TX, FL) which I think draws a lot more in compared to NYC, Seattle, etc.

That said, location has zero impact on the kind of business I want to own.

Location independence FTW.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A few relevant topics:

As for your question, I've wanted to move abroad and live in a sunny and warm climate for a very long time (actually briefly moved to such a place for a few months many years ago). Financially, on a very comfortable level, I've been able to do so for a couple of years already, but I haven't decided to move because I don't think I could see my family only a few times a year at most.

I recently lost a family member and now the thought of moving abroad and not being able to see my family pretty much whenever I want (I live just 20 minutes away) is scary.

There are no other reasons for me against moving somewhere else except for this, as I absolutely LOVE warm and sunny weather.

Right now I'm leaning towards buying a second home in one of my favorite places (and ideally two places, one in Europe, another in Australia) and just traveling there whenever I want for a few weeks, perhaps longer if I can take with me or invite over my family and/or friends.

I think most of this comes down to getting an appropriate dose of vitamin D, much like why people take tablets of it or buy the special lamps to combat S.A.D - Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Depending on how far north you live there's no vitamin D at this time of the year because the sun's angle is too low (temperatures or sunlight don't matter for vitamin D, it's all about the angle).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NotAnotherUser11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 23, 2019
A few relevant topics:

As for your question, I've wanted to move abroad and live in a sunny and warm climate for a very long time (actually briefly moved to such a place for a few months many years ago). Financially, on a very comfortable level, I've been able to do so for a couple of years already, but I haven't decided to move because I don't think I could see my family only a few times a year at most.

I recently lost a family member and now the thought of moving abroad and not being able to see my family pretty much whenever I want (I live just 20 minutes away) is scary.

There are no other reasons for me against moving somewhere else except for this, as I absolutely LOVE warm and sunny weather.

Right now I'm leaning towards buying a second home in one of my favorite places (and ideally two places, one in Europe, another in Australia) and just traveling there whenever I want for a few weeks, perhaps longer if I can take with me or invite over my family and/or friends.

Depending on how far north you live there's no vitamin D at this time of the year because the sun's angle is too low (temperatures or sunlight don't matter for vitamin D, it's all about the angle).

Wow, a very in depth reply - thank you!

In regards to your loved one passing, my condolences. For me it's actually the opposite. My father died last year and I was gearing up to get the hell out of my cold state but wasn't sure if this was too impulsive or not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.