The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need ideas for my brand name.

Idea threads

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Hey everyone, I’m posting to the INSIDERS for a bit more privacy because I’m going to reveal a little bit about my business that I don’t want stolen. To cut to the chase I’m looking for some ideas for a brand name and I’m not good at thinking of stuff like this. Hopefully someone who is will reply.

So you’ll need to know a little bit about what I offer and what I’m doing in order to help me. So without further ado, here we go.

I’m a movement/ mobility coach/ joint health coach, vegan nutritionist, mind coach, NLP Practitioner, copywriter, nutritionist, entrepreneur, warrior, father, life coach, pick up artist, man coach, and motivator.

I am building a personal brand through Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media and driving traffic to a website/blog to offer my services. Services will include coaching and information (ebooks) in any of the categories above.

This is mainly to build up my brand and build funds for the long game which will be a franchised movement/ mobility gym where people can go to optimize their bodies for physical and mental performance, learn proper joint mechanics, etc.

Hopefully this is enough info for me to get some feedback. I don’t want to think to much of this and I want to get it over with because my brand is starting to grow and I want to get all my accounts changed before it’s noticed. Thanks everyone.

PS. I would use my first and last name but it’s extremely generic and the domains are already taken lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
How about your middle name or something that rhymes with your first or last name? Maybe, shorten part of your name and make that the brand. Could I ask what your name is? If not, I understand. Privacy concerns. With so many hats, you don't want to limit yourself to one name. Ex, Vinnie the Vegan, that would work well with diet information but no so much with pick-up artist.

Last edited:

Sagemoney

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Mar 12, 2018
Michigan
Given your variety of skills, I was thinking something along the lines of

"Renaissance Men" Training/nutrition
For the super dad

Lol

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
How about your middle name or something that rhymes with your first or last name? Maybe, shorten part of your name and make that the brand. Could I ask what your name is? If not, I understand. Privacy concerns. With so many hats, you don't want to limit yourself to one name. Ex, Vinnie the Vegan, that would well with diet but no so much with pick-up artist.

David Thomas And yeah my thoughts exactly.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Given your variety of skills, I was thinking something along the lines of

"Renaissance Men" Training/nutrition
For the super dad

Lol

Haha keep them coming!

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
So, this is super complicated. And yet, probably not worth thinking too much about.
Seriously.

Hear me out.

--
I started my main company 12 years ago. I gave it a regional name (think: East Coast Automobiles).
This worked for a long time. And, well, we have grown every year.
But, now, I'm wondering if the name is limiting us.

Our main competitors name - call it 'Miami Automobiles'

That doesn't stop them.
It's a brand.

My findings:

1) most customers don't care. And honestly they won't remember your name anyway.
You either help them or you don't.

2) being too broad makes it sound like you like specialty/focus. 'Auto Warehouse' doesn't have the same ring as 'Custom HotRods'

And yet.... no one really seems to care, honestly.

3) most of your fears are likely things no one cares about. Veggie Jim. Jimmie the Vegan. Bob the Builder.
None of those do a lot but hint at some value you might bring. It's not as big a deal as you think.

I'm not sure, personally, if naming your brand after yourself makes a lot of sense.
Unless you're famous or something, I don't get why it helps that much.
It also makes you seem, REALLY geographically focused.

I'd go for bland and simple:

Peak Performance
Body Rocking
Best Self
Best Body
Healthy Results

what the heck ever.
Be broad enough to not paint yourself in a corner...

but remember. It probably doesn't matter nearly as much as you think.

If you're successful, it won't matter
If you fail, it won't matter.

Provide the value, do the work, that will represent your brand much more than the actual name.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I’m a movement/ mobility coach/ joint health coach, vegan nutritionist, mind coach, NLP Practitioner, copywriter, nutritionist, entrepreneur, warrior, father, life coach, pick up artist, man coach, and motivator.

Most of the things in that list immediately tell me you should EASILY be able to come up with a name for yourself if you were any good at those things.

How can you call yourself any of these:

- mind coach
- nlp ptractitioner
- copywriter
- entrepreneur
- warrior
- life coach
- pick up artist
- man coach
- motivator

If you run to the internet to say you can't come up with your own name?
Shouldn't the things you know from that list DIRECTLY impact your ability to solve this problem?
You're also worried about people stealing your idea which is super specific and highly related to specific skills and execution? That shouldn't even truthfully be a concern.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't mean to be insensitive here - we all get stuck sometimes - but most of us aren't claiming to have a laundry list of a$$-kicking credentials either.

I'm just confused - you are asking the kind of questions and expressing concerns for things that any confident individual in almost any of those above fields wouldn't consider more than a hiccup at best. Someone who claims to be all of those things should have zipped past them easily.

I don't get it.

iizu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Jan 23, 2016
Finland
--
I started my main company 12 years ago. I gave it a regional name (think: East Coast Automobiles).
This worked for a long time. And, well, we have grown every year.
But, now, I'm wondering if the name is limiting us.

Our main competitors name - call it 'Miami Automobiles'

That doesn't stop them.
It's a brand.

Congrats on the growing business! Just wanted to chime in with similar example from Finland.

So, we have a company that can make you a new roof in 1-2 days, that's pretty much all they do: Roofs.

But they have a regional and really general name, like "Arizona Renovators".

They run a 63 M€ business nowadays(with ~12% profit margin.)

But the whole company was started 20 years ago by one guy with a rusty Toyota-van and some tools.
He did general contracting first, just to get by.

Then he found this niche in roof making and has been making a killing ever since. It's all about marketing and branding. They have a really catchy tagline and effective marketing.

Nobody doesn't even seem to think about the name. We do have special roof makers also, with names like "Roofcentral" and such, but they aren't nearly as successful.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Most of the things in that list immediately tell me you should EASILY be able to come up with a name for yourself if you were any good at those things.

How can you call yourself any of these:

- mind coach
- nlp ptractitioner
- copywriter
- entrepreneur
- warrior
- life coach
- pick up artist
- man coach
- motivator

If you run to the internet to say you can't come up with your own name?
Shouldn't the things you know from that list DIRECTLY impact your ability to solve this problem?
You're also worried about people stealing your idea which is super specific and highly related to specific skills and execution? That shouldn't even truthfully be a concern.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't mean to be insensitive here - we all get stuck sometimes - but most of us aren't claiming to have a laundry list of a$$-kicking credentials either.

I'm just confused - you are asking the kind of questions and expressing concerns for things that any confident individual in almost any of those above fields wouldn't consider more than a hiccup at best. Someone who claims to be all of those things should have zipped past them easily.

I don't get it.

Do you have any name ideas though? You didn’t really answer my question.

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
Don't most people in this space just use their name as their brand? Tony Robbins, Pat Flynn, Dave Ramsey, etc? I mean, sure, they have specific branding on some of their offerings, but

Services will include coaching and information (ebooks) in any of the categories above.

there's like 15 categories you listed. You can't expect to become an expert in any of them with so broad a focus. Pick a niche first.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015

BNeumann

Navigating The Seas
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Nov 9, 2017
Global Nomad
There is a great book I've used a lot called "Don't Call It That" by Eli Altman. Walks you through a whole process of elimination through various exercises until you've got the best solution.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Your brand name is your essence as an entrepreneur.

How can you delegate the choice to someone else?

If you do not have the vision of yourself as an entrepreneur summarized in the brand name, who should have it?

Your brand name must arouse emotional interest in third parties and it is very difficult to delegate this task to someone else.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Veganism is a growing awareness and it is here to stay. That angle might be something to consider.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
There is a great book I've used a lot called "Don't Call It That" by Eli Altman. Walks you through a whole process of elimination through various exercises until you've got the best solution.

Thank you! I’ll definitely check it out!

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London

That is a very long list.

Don't get me wrong, I could come up with a long list of my own. We're all multi-faceted humans. But, it's about being selective with what you present.

If the end goal is this:

This is mainly to build up my brand and build funds for the long game which will be a franchised movement/ mobility gym where people can go to optimize their bodies for physical and mental performance, learn proper joint mechanics, etc.

Why would you do this:

Services will include coaching and information (ebooks) in any of the categories above.

Are you really going to write ebooks about PUA, fatherhood, & copywriting, when you want to find gym clients/franchisees?

I think part of the reason you're having a hard time coming up with a name for your brand, is that you don't know what your brand really is, & what you should be sharing.

Here's my brief assessment in light of your goal. I may of course be wrong - I'm trying to guess where your priorities should be for you. But hopefully it'll help you think it through for yourself.

Your priority:
movement/ mobility coach/ joint health coach,

Things that support that, & could in fact be your unique angle:
vegan nutritionist
mind coach
NLP Practitioner
nutritionist (yes you mentioned this twice)
man coach (though if you're aiming your gym at "people" not "men" I might leave this off)

Things that might be nice words to mention somewhere in your bio on your "about" page, but are probably not subjects you're really going to be touching:
warrior
father
life coach
motivator

Things that are great skills to have, but you're not even going to mention, you're just going to use them to bring your coaching to the masses:
copywriter
entrepreneur

And, um, something I don't think that really fits the health business at all, unless you're going for a "brah, I'll get you ripped to up your game":
pick up artist

Worked out your priorities? Cool. Now, you can either go with a generic name. As mentioned in some above posts, that can totally work. Or you can work out what's your unique angle that separates you from the millions of other PTs on social media & try & get a name that either captures, or at least hints at it.

Examples I can think of off the top of my head include:

Built with Science - this dude's youtube vids always reference scientific studies to show you why he's picked certain exercises for the given routine. He does it slickly enough for an unknowledgeable audience to learn, without getting bogged down. His angle is "evidence based optimisation for natural lifters" - hence Built With Science.

Training for Warriors | TFW - seeing as you mentioned being a warrior, here's a brand that's built around that word because it comes from a guy who's worked with seriously high level combat athletes. Now, he's actually worked with lots of sports - he did track & field & was in the US bobsled team before turning to fighting, & actually his great (motivational!) podcast draws from all aspects of his life (including fatherhood) & is a lot about mindset, BUT he picked one word & one angle to focus his brand on, & it worked.

Now for you, maybe your priority is different enough, seeing as you're focused on mobility/joints & you could go for something like:

Joint Gym

It has nice aural alliteration at least!

Or you go to your second list, & see what you could include. As MJ says, veganism is growing, so you could add that in to get something like:

Vegan Bones

Or the mind angle:

Movement & Mind

Etc.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Sometimes I feel like the INSIDERS fee isn’t enough of a barrier to entry. :bored:

How about we create the “Super INSIDERS” and it’s $1,000 a year + reserved seating at the yearly summit. (I’m half serious about this - we need better content).

Oh yeah, and a free hat.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US

Which one are you focusing on the most? Could help direct name choices

Spitballing here....

WholeLife Focus
Rounded Self Coach
New Foundation Life
NuLife or NewLife
UBetterment

I might be picking up the wrong area you are trying to focus on. But my thinking is you are helping in a variety of ways so the name should reflect that.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Theres another book called "Hi My Name is Awesome", good book for coming up with names too. At the end of the day though it takes effort.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Which of these, if any, do you excel at?

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Your brand name is your essence as an entrepreneur.

How can you delegate the choice to someone else?

If you do not have the vision of yourself as an entrepreneur summarized in the brand name, who should have it?

Your brand name must arouse emotional interest in third parties and it is very difficult to delegate this task to someone else.
This is it.

Your brand name needs to be authentic, which means it needs to be YOU.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
If you read my reply it's because I thought your question didn't make sense.

How can you reconcile your skill set with your current hang-up?

Hey thanks actually. Made me re-think and separate my actual skills from just my average skills and things that I’m just starting to learn.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Sometimes I feel like the INSIDERS fee isn’t enough of a barrier to entry. :bored:

How about we create the “Super INSIDERS” and it’s $1,000 a year + reserved seating at the yearly summit. (I’m half serious about this - we need better content).

Oh yeah, and a free hat.

Sorry. I wish I could delete this post. It’s dumb now that I think of it.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
I just went with Opti-Vegan. Just gonna focus on helping people optimize their vegan diet and joint health. The other stuff I just know a little bit about and can leave it out.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
A bit offtopic, but as a vegetarian of 13 years I can tell you, if you can easify the barrier to becoming vegan, you are gold.

Here is why I´m still not 100% vegan:
-eggs in most food
-no time to research
-meal preparation too complicated
-don´t like ordering special vegan stuff that I´m never going to use anyway
-can be more expensive
-where to get protein when fitness?(whey, eggs, cheese)
-no all-in-one solution
-giving up comfort

Most vegan books are like this:
-meal preparation has 10 different ingredients I never heard of
-delicious, but bad nutrients
-superfoods with bad price/effectiveness ratio

So what I´m interested in:
1. All-in-one solution for 1 Week of meals with a list of all macros and micros listed
2. A sustainable way to get the right protein that makes workout effective

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
When naming my product, I let my followers/early adopters come up with a bunch of names, then I added a bunch of names and acronyms, had nearly 50 to start with. Then I shortlisted it against some criteria that focused on its core function, and let them vote on the top ten. I told myself that no matter what, I would go with the name that my small early market picks, because after all, I’m building the product for them, not me. People want what they like, not what you like. A resounding majority vote gave me the name, and I haven’t doubted it since.

Hope this helps.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.