The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm launched my brand and i'm stuck what to do next

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I've recently launched my new brand which primarily is being marketed via facebook, instagram influencers and Google ads.

I've never ran facebook ads before but i read quite a lot and then i created the facebook ads myself (similar to the ads of my competitor who spends $80k a month) but after 4 sales only for $2000 worth of spend i decided to outsource it for the next two months. I can learn from what someone who's advanced worst case scenario and best case if the ads are profitable i'd be happy to pay them to continue doing it.

So at the moment other than posting content on facebook and instagram pages i've got no idea what i should be doing to grow my brand. Should i be studying facebook ads and become an expert so that i can spend more time on improving my performance? The third party company isn't going to be spending as many hours as i would on it but do i really want to be spending my days on facebook ads? The honest answer is no. I just want to start turning a profit asap.

Do i get a job on the side to bring in some extra income?

I just feel a little empty in side at the moment now that the initial launch excitement as worn off and the sales haven't gone as well as i'd liked. I am however willing to spend as much time as possible to get this to where it needs to be. In my past though i'm more productive when there's a linear line of tasks to be done. I struggle when there's not a designed start and finish.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest12120

@Paul David

If you want I can take a look at your ad account and your offer and see if I can find any issues or opportunities. If you're interested, send me a PM.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Data driven marketing is a book that can surely point you in the right direction in regards to getting your campaigns to work.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
but after 4 sales only for $2000 worth of spend i decided to outsource it for the next two months. I can learn from what someone who's advanced worst case scenario

The third party company isn't going to be spending as many hours as i would on it but do i really want to be spending my days on facebook ads? The honest answer is no. I just want to start turning a profit asap.

I am however willing to spend as much time as possible to get this to where it needs to be.

Do i get a job on the side to bring in some extra income?

What I am reading is after spending $2000 you didn't want to spend more time on it. Did you learn anything during this time. $2000 is alot of spend for testing and you should have gotten good data.

You outsourced it to someone who is going to spend LESS time on it. This person is going to be testing also and spending more to get less at the start.

But you are willing to spend as much time possible on your business, unless it's FB ads. You need income but outsource the ads? Seems odd to me.

I get the feeling you are going to be spending alot more than $2000 in the next 2 months by hiring this company/guy.

I guess you can look at this two ways.
1) I can't figure this out so the best thing to do is to outsource and spend my time doing more productive things
2) I don't like FB ads and I don't want to learn them, so I'm just going to outsource it.

What is your real reason for doing so?

I would learn more about FB ads, and then maybe hire someone later once you have a better handle on things. Outsourcing things like this is fine, if you have the money to spend.

As for building your brand you can:
FB and IG posts
SEO website
Get influencers
Run ads on Google PPC
Run contests and specials
Go to events and sell/demo your product

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
What I am reading is after spending $2000 you didn't want to spend more time on it. Did you learn anything during this time. $2000 is alot of spend for testing and you should have gotten good data.

You outsourced it to someone who is going to spend LESS time on it. This person is going to be testing also and spending more to get less at the start.

But you are willing to spend as much time possible on your business, unless it's FB ads. You need income but outsource the ads? Seems odd to me.

I get the feeling you are going to be spending alot more than $2000 in the next 2 months by hiring this company/guy.

I guess you can look at this two ways.
1) I can't figure this out so the best thing to do is to outsource and spend my time doing more productive things
2) I don't like FB ads and I don't want to learn them, so I'm just going to outsource it.

What is your real reason for doing so?

I would learn more about FB ads, and then maybe hire someone later once you have a better handle on things. Outsourcing things like this is fine, if you have the money to spend.

As for building your brand you can:
FB and IG posts
SEO website
Get influencers
Run ads on Google PPC
Run contests and specials
Go to events and sell/demo your product

I outsourced it because although i'd read a lot about facebook ads i never had any experience of actually running the ads. After spending $2000 for only 4 sales i thought that i must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

So my thought process was, i could spend another $2000 and still be in the same boat in another month or i could pay someone who does this for a living and learn from what they do so that in the future i can then take back over my ads or if they are profitable let them continue running them.

The person obviously has other clients so i know they won't be spending as much time on the ads as i would but this is true in a lot of situations. You pay for the knowledge not the time.

I actually like facebook ads and platform is easy to understand. However what works for some brands, niches doesn't necessarily work for others.

I have been doing FB and IG posts and have had 50 influencers post using a free product so far. Again this doesn't take up much of my time. I've also run contents but as i don't have that many IG followers they we're not very effective. I will revisit this once i have 10,000 plus followers which is what i've seen a lot of people recommend.

I'm certainly willing to spend the time on mastering facebook ads, i'm keen to emphasise that. I suppose part of me panicked when i spent $2000 with only 4 sales and in hindsight i did make some beginners mistakes with the ads.

G

Guest12120

After spending $2000 for only 4 sales i thought that i must be doing something fundamentally wrong.
@Paul David Give me 15 minutes and I'll tell you what's going on in your account. It's a free offer. I just want to help you. No upsell :)

I generated millions of dollars in e-commerce sales across many different niches, I might be able to notice things you've missed.

$2k is a decent testing budget but only if you spend it right.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
What are you selling? Google ads, instagram marketing, facebook marketing and what not are just a traffic source. Maybe there is a better way for you to get clients for something you offer than those stuff.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
What are you selling? Google ads, instagram marketing, facebook marketing and what not are just a traffic source. Maybe there is a better way for you to get clients for something you offer than those stuff.

I sell a physical product to the consumer market. Facebook, Instagram and google ads are the best marketing solutions:

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
I sell a physical product to the consumer market. Facebook, Instagram and google ads are the best marketing solutions:
Can it also be sold via salespeople? Can you make deals with stores for them to sell it for you?

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Can it also be sold via salespeople? Can you make deals with stores for them to sell it for you?

Sales people no. It can sold in stores but it’s a seasonal product so I’ve positioned it to be available worldwide with free shipping so when it’s cold in one country it can sold in another.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.