The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is my brand name so vital?

Idea threads

arib

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 17, 2022
I have been ruminating on the best name to give my brand for the past days and I think I'm overdoing it. I already have the entire idea and process of what I'll be delivering to the market. But all the cool names I could think of were already taken on the internet. Do you think brand name is worth spending so much time on? I realized Big companies of today really don't stress on names; their identity has grown that people don't question their names. Should I also go for a name and let my results make it scale?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I have been ruminating on the best name to give my brand for the past days and I think I'm overdoing it. I already have the entire idea and process of what I'll be delivering to the market. But all the cool names I could think of were already taken on the internet. Do you think brand name is worth spending so much time on? I realized Big companies of today really don't stress on names; their identity has grown that people don't question their names. Should I also go for a name and let my results make it scale?
Pick your favorite name that is not already being used in the same space as you, even if the domain is not available and then just add another word to the domain.

shop_______.com
get________.com
________usa.com

Personally I think a name is relatively important, but the domain name is not. Make sure it is a .com domain name with no hyphens, and it is not ridiculously long.

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
I struggled the same as you. For now you should give it a project name and state the obvious. For example, if you are planning to run an online food company that doesn’t sell pork for Muslims then name your business to “Project No Pork” for example. You can be creative but it doesn’t really matter. As you keep building your business be sure to be open to new names and list as many down in your notes until you are satisfied. If you still haven’t found it and it’s time to write your brand name in legal papers then just stick with your project name and own it. So instead of “Project No Pork” it is now “No Pork Foods” or “No Pork.”

You can also be creative around your project name. I’ll keep using my example.
“Pigone”
“No More Pork”
“Pig-Where?”

And so on.

Good luck fellow entrepreneur! Don’t waste too much time brainstorming names however no one is stopping you to keep brainstorming.

Maliardo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 25, 2022
I think the brand name is important but is the name more important than the idea itself?
I think you need to set aside bad thoughts and not put too much global importance on the name, as people tend to value the idea itself and the implementation!
Go for it, I believe that you will succeed in everything you have planned)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.