The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Building Niche Websites A Good Idea For Making Money?

Idea threads

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
I've been reading articles about side hustles for the past two days. Each website always recommends building niche website or blog and monetizing them as a side hustle idea that works.

I'm intending to start a blog in a niche that provides educational news and Jobs updates in my country. This niche is fairly large in number (in terms of demand). It gets a relatively high search volume and has a lot of keywords one can easily rank for.

My promotion strategy is SEO (isn't proper right?) as majority of students and job seekers use search engines to search for these information. I'm relatively good at optimizing a blog and ranking them in Google.

My monetization strategy is Google Adsense and Sponsored adverts. Now I'm aware that Adsense is not a good monetization strategy but its a side hustle and not my intended fastlane business. I guess i'm hitch hiking my way to building a fastlane business.

Information marketing i.e stuffs like selling e-books and information materials is also a very lucrative business in my country. These two businesses is what i'm considering now because it has a low entry barrier (low startup cost).

Any one who could advice me on how to succeed in these two things especially building a niche blog that provide current jobs updates? Is there anything i could do to improve my odds of success?

I just clocked 17 last month.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AnkeLuft

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 9, 2018
US
I got a little experience about SEO thing and stuff. But there is too long to explain in this posting. What i can say or in summary, CONTENT IS KING and the BACKLINK IS QUEEN. Just focus on building and creating a really good posting with something enjoyable with the facts and infographics, trust me it will attract a lot of unique visitor and you can use your content as a 'bait' whitehat method.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
If you can provide value, you can make money.

If you can help people, you can make money.

If you can solve problems, you can make money.

The type of platform doesn't really matter.

stefan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 29, 2013
Dallas, TX
Like Sander said, just help people solve a specific problem by delivering tons of value.

One more thing.

Just build a full-blown authority site. Niche sites can definitely work, but they’ll typically get outranked by the bigger websites. So go big!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marco L

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 6, 2017
Germany
Generally, you can make money with a niche site, if you find a niche that is underserved and if you provide real value.

For monetization ads usually only work for large audiences. If you are not able to get a lot of visitors you should consider affiliate marketing especially in a market with a high customer lifetime value (dating, financial services) - kickbacks are usually higher there.

hydemx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 20, 2018
Generally, you can make money with a niche site, if you find a niche that is underserved and if you provide real value.

For monetization ads usually only work for large audiences. If you are not able to get a lot of visitors you should consider affiliate marketing especially in a market with a high customer lifetime value (dating, financial services) - kickbacks are usually higher there.

Couldn't agree more with Marco. AdSense is like the bottom of the pyramid, and you'll be getting leftovers only. Why would you earn $0.1 per visit when it could be 10x or 20x with a good affiliate program. Create valuable content, give your audience what they want and you'll be fine :)

Talking specifically about your niche, I would choose another with better optimization opportunities or at least, with more keywords with buy intent. If you really like your niche, you could try for example, sign up for an affiliate program and send referrals (or leads) to a site. Or even better, write an eBook with useful information for your visitors: "The best careers in [YOUR COUNTRY HERE] if you want to earn a 6-figure salary" or something like that and sell it for whatever you feel it's the right price. Don't forget to create a mailing list and you'll be fine.

Don't worry too much about the details. What's really important is YOU trying to sell things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.