The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to fix speed-dating?

Idea threads

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Hey everyone!

Two days ago I’ve visited my first ever speed-dating event. And it was a very disappointing experience. A bunch of skinny shy nerd guys and overweight 30+ girls with lists of psy-disorders longer than “War and Peace” with some organizers added just to keep gender balance. I truely expected something different.

When I got home, my brain cells started to work. This is a business, right? And it even makes some money (we all payed 100 NIS to get there). So what is wrong that guys like me are so disgusted?

For me, I went there for 2 main reasons. Fistly, concentration. As an entrepreneur, I possess some freedom over my time, but I am also consumed with my work and an opportunity to meet lots of new people in a short time is HUGE.

Secondly, intention. I do not have any problem approaching girls anywhere, but I do have ethical problems with approaching them with sexual intention in the middle of something. I would not be wanting to be approached like that while on commute or at an activity, so I do not think it is appropriate for me to do it. And speed-dating basically solves the problem as everyone there basically concsented that they came to meet and mate.

And instead of dedicated, tight-scheduled and intentional people I got a bunch of shy and unattractive people just too scared to get something else.

So I am wandering - how one could make speed-dating more like I imagined? Or is it just me who wants this strange thing with strange values?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey everyone!

Two days ago I’ve visited my first ever speed-dating event. And it was a very disappointing experience. A bunch of skinny shy nerd guys and overweight 30+ girls with lists of psy-disorders longer than “War and Peace” with some organizers added just to keep gender balance. I truely expected something different.

When I got home, my brain cells started to work. This is a business, right? And it even makes some money (we all payed 100 NIS to get there). So what is wrong that guys like me are so disgusted?

For me, I went there for 2 main reasons. Fistly, concentration. As an entrepreneur, I possess some freedom over my time, but I am also consumed with my work and an opportunity to meet lots of new people in a short time is HUGE.

Secondly, intention. I do not have any problem approaching girls anywhere, but I do have ethical problems with approaching them with sexual intention in the middle of something. I would not be wanting to be approached like that while on commute or at an activity, so I do not think it is appropriate for me to do it. And speed-dating basically solves the problem as everyone there basically concsented that they came to meet and mate.

And instead of dedicated, tight-scheduled and intentional people I got a bunch of shy and unattractive people just too scared to get something else.

So I am wandering - how one could make speed-dating more like I imagined? Or is it just me who wants this strange thing with strange values?
Honestly, it's a flawed concept.

No hot girl has issues meeting a guy so the only females going there will be undesirable.

Hence, most guys with standards only go there once to see its worthless. In the end, only those who can't find people somewhere else end up there and it's a self reinforcing cycle.

Desirable people meet in places where it is not implicitly stated that it's a place to meet and mate as you say.

Honestly, nobody who respects themselves should go to speed dating. Why ?
Because it clearly states that one just wants any partner, on both sides.

Guys who come there do so, because they hope one of the girls will like them.
Girls go there for, idk, validation and maybe because their so bad no normal person puts up with them.

If you want to improve this model, open a place girls like to go to be social and dude don't find gay.

So a nightclub basically.

Frances Kelleher

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jan 24, 2024
Hey everyone!

I m so passionate about this as I m a Dating Coach so sorry for the long spiel!

Firstly don't feel that re chatting women up on commutes etc.Its the way its executed that matters and you have to be OUTCOME INDEPENDENT . Just go in for the conversation.For example even looking a women's shoes and just saying cool shoes is an original opening to a convo.If you practice talking to everyone you ll be a conversational ninja when you see the hot girl.Also women have a radar and we know most of the time guys are approaching because of romantic interest and we like guys that don't hide that cause the no 1 thing a woman looks for in a guy is trustworthiness. So don't hide that fact just be OUTCOME INDEPENDENT bout it,that's the secret and BE GENUINELY INTERESTED IN HER AS A PERSON.

You re not strange at all,everyone actually wants the same things ironically. Both male and females that come to me tell me they want the same things everyone tells me...someone fit,trustworthy, has passionate energy and wants commitment etc etc.You just need to get the numbers in to meet that perfect person for you.
Attraction is created by a brain engagement and pheromones, the chemical scent of a person -it's a numbers game too.

I think if you did my Blueprint of being of 3 apps at once and reaching out to 3 women per night and aim for a date a week minimum, you d win.
Do everything e.g talk to all the women you can,offline and online,say yes to every invite and be on the apps.
The apps are fantastic for accessing a lot of women quickly. Normally people have 1 or 2 gaps in heir dating strategy and once they re filled in they are flying it.Yours could be not getting in the numbers.
If you ve any questions just ask.
Hope that helps

piano

Dmin7,8,9,13
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
No hot girl has issues meeting a guy so the only females going there will be undesirable.
"Hot girls" do have problems of their own first of all. I'm not even gonna list reasons, just do a quick google search or actually just think about it.
Also, all women going there being undesirable is a very very questionable belief. Once again, not even gonna be arsed to reason here (it's 11pm, would normally be sleeping right now).
Honestly, nobody who respects themselves should go to speed dating. Why ?
Because it clearly states that one just wants any partner, on both sides.
Any partner? That might be the case for a bunch of them, but definitely not all.
Most women often have or had at least one guy friend who would've dated them if they just decided to go with it. In other words, they usually don't have to go speed dating to just find anyone.
Guys who come there do so, because they hope one of the girls will like them.
Girls go there for, idk, validation and maybe because their so bad no normal person puts up with them.
Once again, not so black and white.
"guys go there in hopes a girl likes them"
Why else should they go there?
Does a guy need to "conquer" his woman or what?

I feel like your opinions might be too red pill infested, considering how and what you wrote (also that you still seem to watch Hamza which I find questionable).

I'd recommend you just trying to live life through a neutral lense first and perhaps you'll see things you couldn't before.

Frances Kelleher

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jan 24, 2024
"Hot girls" do have problems of their own first of all. I'm not even gonna list reasons, just do a quick google search or actually just think about it.
Also, all women going there being undesirable is a very very questionable belief. Once again, not even gonna be arsed to reason here (it's 11pm, would normally be sleeping right now).

Any partner? That might be the case for a bunch of them, but definitely not all.
Most women often have or had at least one guy friend who would've dated them if they just decided to go with it. In other words, they usually don't have to go speed dating to just find anyone.

I feel like your opinions might be too red pill infested, considering how and what you wrote (also that you still seem to watch Hamza which I find questionable).

I'd recommend you just trying to live life through a neutral lense first and perhaps you'll see things you couldn't before.
True,I know lots of hot girls that have issues .It comes down to a person's life journey to be honest

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Any entrepreneur trying to get into the dating market is almost always severely confused.

The problems in dating are because it’s a marketplace of men and women, and everyone’s dissatisfied with the options available.

Your app, any algorithm, any system, etc. is NOT going to fix the underlying problem. That’s just the dating market.

Secondly, intention. I do not have any problem approaching girls anywhere, but I do have ethical problems with approaching them with sexual intention in the middle of something. I would not be wanting to be approached like that while on commute or at an activity, so I do not think it is appropriate for me to do it

Then don’t open with “hey want sum dik?”

You say “Hey, you…you look familiar…what church do you go to?”

That way it’s not needy, you find out what kind of girl she is, and you can see immediately if you should pursue her as a serious girl.

“Oh I don’t go to church haha”
“Oh haha you’re not the girl I was thinking you were, take care.”

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We hosted a speed dating event for charity. It was in a bar we took over and people stayed on after in their friend groups and mingling with new people they met. It was fun.

People filled in a little card saying whether they'd like to meet the person they'd chatted with again. As the organizers we got all the cards and matched up those who'd both expressed an interest in meeting up, then sent them emails introducing them both.

People were there in groups of friends having a bit of fun. Having it "for charity" helped get lots of people down.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

I am living life through a rather neutral lense.

Hence I don't subscribe to the whole red pill thing anymore. Hamza has a lot of good takes and is now pretty distant from red pill culture, though he also has a good bit of bad takes.

My points are all based on rational thinking, unless I am doing subconscious rationalization, in which case, point it out.
An attractive female can always install tinder and get hundreds of matches (fact). This is both more convenient and cheaper than going to speed dating, plus you get way more options.

I am not accounting for exceptions here because one strange person does not invalidate my argument.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hey everyone!

Two sided market place is a challenging business.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wN9Jq3_Z-1M&pp=ygUaSSBhbSBzaW5nbGUgeW91IHNyZSBzaW5nbGU%3D

Last edited:

lamplinkwhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 15, 2024
Stay engaged. “Dates” at a speed dating event usually last five to ten minutes.
Ask thoughtful questions.
Be true to yourself.
Keep an open mind.
Don't put pressure on yourself.

Follow this step

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
389%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I think as Subsonic says, it's dating apps that "solve" this, but not very well. The utopia is that you fill out a form of what you like, and what you're looking for, then start swiping - in reality dating is a lot harder and there are so many factors at play.

I think a lot of qualms with the system are as follows. I'm assuming that these people are looking for long-term relationships.
  • The setup of the apps is wrong and screens for the wrong thing. Physical attraction. You take 3 seconds to see if you're attracted to that person. No mannerisms, no conversation, no observation of how they interact, no idea of their smell, no idea if they're photoshopped, or lying about weight/height. How do you even convey that online? Besides the point, the apps will pit you guys together because you're both lustfully attracted... and? There is no talk of hobbies, values, goals, dreams or anything I said before. No basic, low commitment non-sexual intimacy - talking. It's sudden, rather than gradual. Part of the fun is finding out if someone likes you. Dating apps do none of that.
  • The apps put the cart before the horse. What is going on is that they're looking for someone to fit into the box of partner, rather than if someone is eligible to be in the box of partner. It's the wrong way around. If you're looking to tick a box, I wonder if you're dating that person because you like them, or you like the idea more of a girlfriend as a tick box. That's poor screening.
  • Dating apps are skewed toward women, not men. There is a usual 3:1 men-to-women ratio, that is a crazy skew. It's not much better for women either, as they have such a high level of choice it's very overwhelming & guys can often be weirdos.
  • Most of the men and women I know who consistently use dating apps get more toxic over time. They get more jaded, more nasty and treat others and get treated like bags of meat, not humans. They aren't bad people though. People play perpetrators and victims, the result is a load of jaded and toxic people in the dating pool.
  • Swiping gives the illusion of low commitment, but nothing gets done because going on a date from the app is A) scary because you don't know the person and B) high commitment because you need to get ready and they may just be someone you don't like 15 minutes in. At least if you talk to someone in real life you know want.
  • The final other problem is that it gamifies dating, and reduces people to looks on a photo. Dating apps get tainted because there always seems someone better out there, someone more attractive. If you're not happy, whatever, bin the person off and go back to swiping. Too many choices, and always the thought that there is someone better.
If you like short-term hookups it's alright if you're down to swipe all day, but for anything else, the stats aren't in your favour. Take the UK for example.

1716558784861.png

1716558965009.png

So people are a coinflip of being happy, and/or they're not finding the people they want on there.

A 50% satisfaction rate for a product is 2.5/5 stars. That's a pretty bad product. Perhaps you can solve all of these problems, but I feel that dating apps are flawed in themselves.
  • Your business model is to keep people on the platform to upgrade, and the satisfaction results (happy and in a relationship) against shareholder profit. It doesn't fit the bill for a productocracy of happy customers.
  • I think most people are sick of dating apps too. I've seen too many friends get toxic and jaded over dating. Even if you pay for a premium subscription, there is no guarantee that it will work. That sounds like gambling.
  • The old stuff still works. Sometimes if something isn't broken, we shouldn't fix it. There isn't anything wrong in expressing interest in someone as long as you're not overstepping boundaries e.g. approaching someone at night, being a pervert.
  • The ratio difference is going to be hard to overcome, since men are likely to pay so they can compete better in such a saturated enviroment. Again, it goes against your shareholder interests.
  • These apps drive up these stupid trends. Looksmaxxing, red pill, MGTOW and girl bosses have all arisen from jaded and angry people being treated like a meat bag rather than a person. These trends don't exist in the real world because it's not needed, short dudes date taller girls, and 'ugly' dudes still date - because they meet somewhere naturally and end up liking each other.
I would like to make it clear I have nothing against dating app companies, but the only real winners I see are the people who make them, not the users: do you want customers who hate your guts roaming around? Maybe it doesn't matter as much as I think, as sexual desires are a key human need, that can be satisfied from standardised apps, takes a while to make, is hands-off & can be global - even if the results are patchy. It's also pretty replicable as people will inevitably break up because of algorithms that don't take into account impossible-to-measure metrics.

As for general advice, I'd look for dates in other ways, new hobbies, new friends, gym, new club groups, and even talking to a cute girl I find attractive in real life. Best believe I'll be trying out new things when I move to a new city.

Last edited:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Apr 16, 2019
The reason you go to “speed dating” events looking to find a babe is because you don’t have any hobbies or friends, and you’re likely a boring person.

The fat girls can’t find a guy, and the lame guys can’t find a girl, so they find each other in a smelly room settling on the least terrible option.

Learn how to have fun and you won’t have a problem finding a mate.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I think as Subsonic says, it's dating apps that "solve" this, but not very well. The utopia is that you fill out a form of what you like, and what you're looking for, then start swiping - in reality dating is a lot harder and there are so many factors at play.

I think a lot of qualms with the system are as follows. I'm assuming that these people are looking for long-term relationships.
  • The setup of the apps is wrong and screens for the wrong thing. Physical attraction. You take 3 seconds to see if you're attracted to that person. No mannerisms, no conversation, no observation of how they interact, no idea of their smell, no idea if they're photoshopped, or lying about weight/height. How do you even convey that online? Besides the point, the apps will pit you guys together because you're both lustfully attracted... and? There is no talk of hobbies, values, goals, dreams or anything I said before. No basic, low commitment non-sexual intimacy - talking. It's sudden, rather than gradual. Part of the fun is finding out if someone likes you. Dating apps do none of that.
  • The apps put the cart before the horse. What is going on is that they're looking for someone to fit into the box of partner, rather than if someone is eligible to be in the box of partner. It's the wrong way around. If you're looking to tick a box, I wonder if you're dating that person because you like them, or you like the idea more of a girlfriend as a tick box. That's poor screening.
  • Dating apps are skewed toward women, not men. There is a usual 3:1 men-to-women ratio, that is a crazy skew. It's not much better for women either, as they have such a high level of choice it's very overwhelming & guys can often be weirdos.
  • Most of the men and women I know who consistently use dating apps get more toxic over time. They get more jaded, more nasty and treat others and get treated like bags of meat, not humans. They aren't bad people though. People play perpetrators and victims, the result is a load of jaded and toxic people in the dating pool.
  • Swiping gives the illusion of low commitment, but nothing gets done because going on a date from the app is A) scary because you don't know the person and B) high commitment because you need to get ready and they may just be someone you don't like 15 minutes in. At least if you talk to someone in real life you know want.
  • The final other problem is that it gamifies dating, and reduces people to looks on a photo. Dating apps get tainted because there always seems someone better out there, someone more attractive. If you're not happy, whatever, bin the person off and go back to swiping. Too many choices, and always the thought that there is someone better.
If you like short-term hookups it's alright if you're down to swipe all day, but for anything else, the stats aren't in your favour. Take the UK for example.

1716558784861.png

1716558965009.png

So people are a coinflip of being happy, and/or they're not finding the people they want on there.

A 50% satisfaction rate for a product is 2.5/5 stars. That's a pretty bad product. Perhaps you can solve all of these problems, but I feel that dating apps are flawed in themselves.
  • Your business model is to keep people on the platform to upgrade, and the satisfaction results (happy and in a relationship) against shareholder profit. It doesn't fit the bill for a productocracy of happy customers.
  • I think most people are sick of dating apps too. I've seen too many friends get toxic and jaded over dating. Even if you pay for a premium subscription, there is no guarantee that it will work. That sounds like gambling.
  • The old stuff still works. Sometimes if something isn't broken, we shouldn't fix it. There isn't anything wrong in expressing interest in someone as long as you're not overstepping boundaries e.g. approaching someone at night, being a pervert.
  • The ratio difference is going to be hard to overcome, since men are likely to pay so they can compete better in such a saturated enviroment. Again, it goes against your shareholder interests.
  • These apps drive up these stupid trends. Looksmaxxing, red pill, MGTOW and girl bosses have all arisen from jaded and angry people being treated like a meat bag rather than a person. These trends don't exist in the real world because it's not needed, short dudes date taller girls, and 'ugly' dudes still date - because they meet somewhere naturally and end up liking each other.
I would like to make it clear I have nothing against dating app companies, but the only real winners I see are the people who make them, not the users: do you want customers who hate your guts roaming around? Maybe it doesn't matter as much as I think, as sexual desires are a key human need, that can be satisfied from standardised apps, takes a while to make, is hands-off & can be global - even if the results are patchy. It's also pretty replicable as people will inevitably break up because of algorithms that don't take into account impossible-to-measure metrics.

As for general advice, I'd look for dates in other ways, new hobbies, new friends, gym, new club groups, and even talking to a cute girl I find attractive in real life. Best believe I'll be trying out new things when I move to a new city.
I think it only makes sense as a business (dating services) and matching success if it is very niche.

-Dating for a specific religious groups who share common values
-Dating for elderly (divorced or widows)

General dating in big urban city for mass market of young people (20 and 30s) generally “fail” because it is literally a bunch of “children” going through the adulting process together.

Matching becomes more successful when you narrow down the demographics to people who know what they are pursuing and what to expect and what sacrifice to make.

Even those hated services like Ashely Madison or sugar daddy sites, they actually work decently well for their participants because they know what to expect and what to look for.

Last edited:

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 11, 2019
It's not the speed dating that's the problem, it's the kind of people who go there. That's a very generalized statement of course, but the point still stands.

I don't see how a better dating app can be made, there are so many, and they work for attractive and successful people. They don't work for those who are not competitive in the dating market - average to below average in attractiveness and/or success.

While that also exists, I'd rather focus on helping those who don't find success in any form of dating, find it. There's a steep barrier of entry though, are you someone who can be the face of such a business model?

Just imagine how many guys there are who look about average but with simple changes in their lifestyle and mindset could go from 5/10 to 8/10. Get them in shape, get them to dress well, get all the incel BS* out of them, get them to find cool hobbies, get them to make money. It's a lot but that really is the only way this dating problem can be solved.

Frances Kelleher

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jan 24, 2024
It's not the speed dating that's the problem, it's the kind of people who go there. That's a very generalized statement of course, but the point still stands.

I don't see how a better dating app can be made, there are so many, and they work for attractive and successful people. They don't work for those who are not competitive in the dating market - average to below average in attractiveness and/or success.

While that also exists, I'd rather focus on helping those who don't find success in any form of dating, find it. There's a steep barrier of entry though, are you someone who can be the face of such a business model?

Just imagine how many guys there are who look about average but with simple changes in their lifestyle and mindset could go from 5/10 to 8/10. Get them in shape, get them to dress well, get all the incel BS* out of them, get them to find cool hobbies, get them to make money. It's a lot but that really is the only way this dating problem can be solved.
Yes become the one to find the one

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It was fun.
Maybe some people go because it's a bit of fun?

Maybe it can be done part way through an evening as an icebreaker? So people are out with their friends anyway and then have to do 30 mins chatting to people, then come back laughing and giggling?

Maybe people then can chat later on to some of the people they'd met? I know one thing I chatted to everyone about when I did it was... how much more fun than I expected it to be. Of course the first thing I asked the lady I sat down next to was how their evening was going and what they thought of speed-dating. To be interesting be interested right?

I've also gone on a speed pitching thing where business owners came round to each stand to hear why they should spend their web development grant with us. That was fun too.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You can either win with dating as a market in two ways...

- You make it as easy as possible (appeal to the masses)
- Or you make it as exclusive as possible (appeal to the top 1%)

Easy: Tinder, dating apps, meetup.com stuff
Exclusive: High end nightclubs, foreign events, VIP groups

Trying to have a solution that requires hard work, socalizing, and possible rejection is not going to easily scale.
It is requiring people to put in work and has multiple layers of mental resistance.

Can you run a few speed dating events? Ya sure.
Will it be some huge profitable business? Not likely, you have everything working against you.

Plus once someone finds a date - you lose both customers.

I actually think going directly at dating is one of the worst marketing movies possible. Because it requires the person to agree on having an identity of "I suck at finding a mate". Much better to sell to this market in an indirect way - like clothing, beauty products, status items, relaxed hook up apps etc.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
Dating, Speed Dating, and Dating apps are terrible concepts.

Just try to be the best version of yourself and speak to whoever interests you in person with respect and no expectations.

Get rejected as many times as possible.

This way you shortcut the system and get to the person that fits you—old school.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I have seen a bunch of viral videos of women frustrated because "can't find a man". Many men are feeling the same, they just don't make videos.

Clearly there is pain and need.

How to solve it is unclear but there might be a great opportunity to fix the situation.

I remember a post by a dating coach here that made money pretty fast.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Then don’t open with “hey want sum dik?”

That way it’s not needy, you find out what kind of girl she is, and you can see immediately if you should pursue her as a serious girl.

“Oh I don’t go to church haha”
“Oh haha you’re not the girl I was thinking you were, take care.”

She says, "First Church of any town Main St., I don't believe in premarital sex and looking for a true Christian man".

JB says, "oh snap, do you soak?"

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Honestly, speed dating just can’t be fixed.

Even if you were to be linked with someone, it would be off of superficial factors such as looks, and most of the time would probably end up in “heartbreak”.

Most real relationships are created by actually socializing face to face multiple times,

but I feel like people who go to speed dating events are all just trying to get laid and because they don’t have the adequate amount of social skills to go up to a normal functioning human, who has boundaries,

But instead of getting denied and or feeling awkward, they try to find a short cut.

Moral of the story? 99% of people who go to speed dating events have warped standards, inflated egos, lazy, insecure, and looking for a short cut to getting some kind of attention.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

She says, "First Church of any town Main St., I don't believe in premarital sex and looking for a true Christian man".

JB says, "oh snap, do you soak?"
I am looking for a smart Christian girl with no tattoos, piercings or sexual history to be the mother of my children, ideally 18 years old but I would settle for 20.

“That’s unrealistic”

My entire life is unrealistic.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I am looking for a smart Christian girl with no tattoos, piercings or sexual history to be the mother of my children, ideally 18 years old but I would settle for 20.

“That’s unrealistic”

Gonna suck when you find the 18 year old but she disqualifies you for your own sexual past.

It's totally doable for someone with your drive and abilities, hopefully give it a few years before marriage to see if the real one, but she will be an old timer at 22 by than.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Gonna suck when you find the 18 year old but she disqualifies you for your own sexual past.

It's totally doable for someone with your drive and abilities, hopefully give it a few years before marriage to see if the real one, but she will be an old timer at 22 by than.
Videbimus

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Easy Solution for Johnny Boy. Textbook answer is “He found God and changed.”

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

“That’s unrealistic”

Just move to Utah next time.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
In Ireland the new dating app is running clubs.

Arrive, run as part of your group and make friends. Prequalification for fitness, good lifestyle, self improvement and discipline, showing up week after week. After the run the group goes for some healthy snacks and coffee or a a swim in the sea.

The weather in Ireland is usually terrible cloudy, rainy and cold, plus during the winter it's pretty dark or gloomy most of the time. So you build that us against the world mentality with the group that you wouldn't have in sunnier environments.

Make friends, get invited to events outside of the initial running club - build a social circle. Maybe chat to some girls/guys you find interesting and invite them on a date later on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.