The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

How to fix speed-dating?

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Hey everyone!

Two days ago I’ve visited my first ever speed-dating event. And it was a very disappointing experience. A bunch of skinny shy nerd guys and overweight 30+ girls with lists of psy-disorders longer than “War and Peace” with some organizers added just to keep gender balance. I truely expected something different.

When I got home, my brain cells started to work. This is a business, right? And it even makes some money (we all payed 100 NIS to get there). So what is wrong that guys like me are so disgusted?

For me, I went there for 2 main reasons. Fistly, concentration. As an entrepreneur, I possess some freedom over my time, but I am also consumed with my work and an opportunity to meet lots of new people in a short time is HUGE.

Secondly, intention. I do not have any problem approaching girls anywhere, but I do have ethical problems with approaching them with sexual intention in the middle of something. I would not be wanting to be approached like that while on commute or at an activity, so I do not think it is appropriate for me to do it. And speed-dating basically solves the problem as everyone there basically concsented that they came to meet and mate.

And instead of dedicated, tight-scheduled and intentional people I got a bunch of shy and unattractive people just too scared to get something else.

So I am wandering - how one could make speed-dating more like I imagined? Or is it just me who wants this strange thing with strange values?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey everyone!

Two days ago I’ve visited my first ever speed-dating event. And it was a very disappointing experience. A bunch of skinny shy nerd guys and overweight 30+ girls with lists of psy-disorders longer than “War and Peace” with some organizers added just to keep gender balance. I truely expected something different.

When I got home, my brain cells started to work. This is a business, right? And it even makes some money (we all payed 100 NIS to get there). So what is wrong that guys like me are so disgusted?

For me, I went there for 2 main reasons. Fistly, concentration. As an entrepreneur, I possess some freedom over my time, but I am also consumed with my work and an opportunity to meet lots of new people in a short time is HUGE.

Secondly, intention. I do not have any problem approaching girls anywhere, but I do have ethical problems with approaching them with sexual intention in the middle of something. I would not be wanting to be approached like that while on commute or at an activity, so I do not think it is appropriate for me to do it. And speed-dating basically solves the problem as everyone there basically concsented that they came to meet and mate.

And instead of dedicated, tight-scheduled and intentional people I got a bunch of shy and unattractive people just too scared to get something else.

So I am wandering - how one could make speed-dating more like I imagined? Or is it just me who wants this strange thing with strange values?
Honestly, it's a flawed concept.

No hot girl has issues meeting a guy so the only females going there will be undesirable.

Hence, most guys with standards only go there once to see its worthless. In the end, only those who can't find people somewhere else end up there and it's a self reinforcing cycle.

Desirable people meet in places where it is not implicitly stated that it's a place to meet and mate as you say.

Honestly, nobody who respects themselves should go to speed dating. Why ?
Because it clearly states that one just wants any partner, on both sides.

Guys who come there do so, because they hope one of the girls will like them.
Girls go there for, idk, validation and maybe because their so bad no normal person puts up with them.

If you want to improve this model, open a place girls like to go to be social and dude don't find gay.

So a nightclub basically.

Frances Kelleher

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 24, 2024
Hey everyone!

I m so passionate about this as I m a Dating Coach so sorry for the long spiel!

Firstly don't feel that re chatting women up on commutes etc.Its the way its executed that matters and you have to be OUTCOME INDEPENDENT . Just go in for the conversation.For example even looking a women's shoes and just saying cool shoes is an original opening to a convo.If you practice talking to everyone you ll be a conversational ninja when you see the hot girl.Also women have a radar and we know most of the time guys are approaching because of romantic interest and we like guys that don't hide that cause the no 1 thing a woman looks for in a guy is trustworthiness. So don't hide that fact just be OUTCOME INDEPENDENT bout it,that's the secret and BE GENUINELY INTERESTED IN HER AS A PERSON.

You re not strange at all,everyone actually wants the same things ironically. Both male and females that come to me tell me they want the same things everyone tells me...someone fit,trustworthy, has passionate energy and wants commitment etc etc.You just need to get the numbers in to meet that perfect person for you.
Attraction is created by a brain engagement and pheromones, the chemical scent of a person -it's a numbers game too.

I think if you did my Blueprint of being of 3 apps at once and reaching out to 3 women per night and aim for a date a week minimum, you d win.
Do everything e.g talk to all the women you can,offline and online,say yes to every invite and be on the apps.
The apps are fantastic for accessing a lot of women quickly. Normally people have 1 or 2 gaps in heir dating strategy and once they re filled in they are flying it.Yours could be not getting in the numbers.
If you ve any questions just ask.
Hope that helps

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.