The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi everyone, glad to become part of this community. Not a driveby anymore.

mm.c

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 30, 2021
Let me introduce myself. I'm a 35, originally from Poland, but I have been living in Norway for over 10 years. I have been a good and frugal slowlainer for all my life. I grow up in a hard-working, blue-collar family. My mom has been a very hard-working person all her life that took a chance in running a small business herself. Unfortunately, despite her efforts, it when bankrupt after a few years, and it was ugly. We lost everything.
I was a teenager then, but It had a massive impact on me. The message was clear, work hard for someone else, don't take any risks, live as frugal as possible, work, save, and one day...I will finally make it.
I was never a sidewalker, I got my lesson early. Save as much as possible, don't take any loans, and always live below your means. Frugal, sidewalk longshot. My life has not been bad, I can't complain. No big dramas so far, I have avoided many pitfalls that have trapt the most of my friends. No kids, no mortgage, and a have saved some buck, enough to support me while I take a Fastlane.
I have been avoiding the sidewalk like a plague ( it was always clear to me). Slowelane, the only path that I knew and considered was somehow never enough., it seemed like a dead end. I did not give up, but I never had an idea about an alternative.
Previous 10 years I have primary spend doing a few things. Working and saving as much as I could. Studying, reading, traveling, and getting my general shit together. I was always looking for something, something inside of me was always terrified of giving up on my dreams, so I did not. But time is short.
I think that I can call myself a lifelong learner. I was always missing a role model in my life, but I was looking for one. Books, online classes, podcasts, lectures, it was a hobby but also a search. Search for self-improvement, life philosophy, life mission, to find worthy direction, something more than life stagnation.
I came across Millionaire Fastlane as a book recommendation at the end of yet another personal finance book, one of many that I have read., only read, and never adopted. It was an epiphany, but a painful one indeed. First, it completely crashed many of my beliefs, but also gave me some hope. As a result, this august I quit my dear-held, cozy, dead-end job, ten years went by. I have decided to work half-time for a while, but just to give me some adaptation time to the new reality. Fastlane is a process, not an event. I'm building my process. I have a few ideas ( neurological fireworks for now ), not completely CENTS, hitchhiking strategy for now, but it is progress non less.
Best regards Fastlane brothers. All the best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro. Happy to hear the Fastlane message resonated. Hope to hear some of your progressions soon.

mm.c

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 30, 2021
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro. Happy to hear the Fastlane message resonated. Hope to hear some of your progressions soon.
Today, during my action faking activities, online classes to be precise, I came across a great definition of a mentor.
Good enough to message you directly. I am quoting:
"Mentors aren't necessarily parent-like figures who spend many hours brainstorming and guiding you to your future. In fact, a mentor can be as simple as someone who says, or does, something that caused you to think and make valuable changes. Or, who gives you insight about your life. You don't even have to meet a mentor in person. It's that mentors can help you view the world in a different way, so you can more easily discover and go in the direction you determine is best for you, not to mention that they can have ideas and context that can change your life."
Thanks for the eye-opening books, the great value just for a few bucks. All the best.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Today, during my action faking activities, online classes to be precise, I came across a great definition of a mentor.
Good enough to message you directly. I am quoting:
"Mentors aren't necessarily parent-like figures who spend many hours brainstorming and guiding you to your future. In fact, a mentor can be as simple as someone who says, or does, something that caused you to think and make valuable changes. Or, who gives you insight about your life. You don't even have to meet a mentor in person. It's that mentors can help you view the world in a different way, so you can more easily discover and go in the direction you determine is best for you, not to mention that they can have ideas and context that can change your life."
Thanks for the eye-opening books, the great value just for a few bucks. All the best.
Witam! To prawda, to jest prawda ktora jest powtarzana dosc czesto, szczegolnie w krajach europy wschodniej. Zyj tanio, oszczedaj zlotowki bo 5zl za 10 lat bedzie 50,000zl, jezdzij tanimi autami itd. Ale to sie juz w Polsce bardzo zmienilo. Zam zyje w Norwegii od 5-6 roku zycia(22 teraz) i pamietam ze Polska 20 lat temu to byla duza bieda. Teraz jest bardzo inaczej, szczegolnie w duzych miastach tak jak Warszawa, Wroclaw lub Poznan. Nawet Mama byla w Miedzyzdrojach tydzien temu i byla wszoku ile widziala luksusowych aut z cajel Polski. Powiedziala ze teraz w PL sa 3x lepsze auta na ulicach niz w Norwegii! Mentorzy tez moga pomoc, jezeli sa kompetenti i wiedza co mowia. Skad jestes z PL? Ciekawa masz historie.

mm.c

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 30, 2021
Witam! To prawda, to jest prawda ktora jest powtarzana dosc czesto, szczegolnie w krajach europy wschodniej. Zyj tanio, oszczedaj zlotowki bo 5zl za 10 lat bedzie 50,000zl, jezdzij tanimi autami itd. Ale to sie juz w Polsce bardzo zmienilo. Zam zyje w Norwegii od 5-6 roku zycia(22 teraz) i pamietam ze Polska 20 lat temu to byla duza bieda. Teraz jest bardzo inaczej, szczegolnie w duzych miastach tak jak Warszawa, Wroclaw lub Poznan. Nawet Mama byla w Miedzyzdrojach tydzien temu i byla wszoku ile widziala luksusowych aut z cajel Polski. Powiedziala ze teraz w PL sa 3x lepsze auta na ulicach niz w Norwegii! Mentorzy tez moga pomoc, jezeli sa kompetenti i wiedza co mowia. Skad jestes z PL? Ciekawa masz historie.
Cześć. Pochodzę z Opolszczyzny, to województwo sąsiadujące z Wrocławiem, południowa Polska. Mam podobną historię do pokolenia twoich rodziców. Wychowałem się w Polsce, ale kiedy dołączyliśmy do Unii Europejskiej w 2004 rok rozpoczęła się wielka fala emigracji, ty byłeś wtedy dzieckiem, ja nastolatkiem. Kilka lat później zacząłem wyjeżdżać do pracy na wakacje do Irlandii, Danii, a 10 lat temu wyprowadziłem się na stałe do Norwegii, mieszka w Risør. Polska bardzo się zmieniła, faktycznie żyje się dużo lepiej wielu osobom, ale nie wszystkim, a tym który się nie udało, potrafi być bardzo ciężko. Międzyzdroje do przeciętnej Polski, to jak Karl Johan do reszty Norwegii, fałszuje obraz rzeczywistości. Wyprowadziłem się po studiach, mieszkam już za granicą 12 lat i uważam, że główna wiadomość MJ o tym, aby brać finansowe sprawy we własne ręcę ma dużo prawdy. Nie mam w rodzinie ani wśród przyjaciół przedsiębiorców, ale przesłanie z książek zrobiło na mnie wielkie wrażenie. Będę bardzo i z całych sił starał się zrealizować moją własną Fastlane. Jesteś ode mnie 13 lat młodszy, znasz Norwegię, oraz masz dostęp do Polski. Zapewne świetnie znasz także angielski. Myślę, że jesteś we wspaniałym momencie życia, aby rozpocząć pracę nad własną przyszłością. Życzę Ci tego z całych siły. Pozdrawiam i fajnie, ze się odezwałeś.

mm.c

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 30, 2021
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53Y3hlsQGo&list=PLeabOFsFccYCkD9ZUsoI0OC951HNZ0e90

Mega playlista krótkich porad legendarnego przedsiębiorcy. Polecam

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Cześć. Pochodzę z Opolszczyzny, to województwo sąsiadujące z Wrocławiem, południowa Polska. Mam podobną historię do pokolenia twoich rodziców. Wychowałem się w Polsce, ale kiedy dołączyliśmy do Unii Europejskiej w 2004 rok rozpoczęła się wielka fala emigracji, ty byłeś wtedy dzieckiem, ja nastolatkiem. Kilka lat później zacząłem wyjeżdżać do pracy na wakacje do Irlandii, Danii, a 10 lat temu wyprowadziłem się na stałe do Norwegii, mieszka w Risør. Polska bardzo się zmieniła, faktycznie żyje się dużo lepiej wielu osobom, ale nie wszystkim, a tym który się nie udało, potrafi być bardzo ciężko. Międzyzdroje do przeciętnej Polski, to jak Karl Johan do reszty Norwegii, fałszuje obraz rzeczywistości. Wyprowadziłem się po studiach, mieszkam już za granicą 12 lat i uważam, że główna wiadomość MJ o tym, aby brać finansowe sprawy we własne ręcę ma dużo prawdy. Nie mam w rodzinie ani wśród przyjaciół przedsiębiorców, ale przesłanie z książek zrobiło na mnie wielkie wrażenie. Będę bardzo i z całych sił starał się zrealizować moją własną Fastlane. Jesteś ode mnie 13 lat młodszy, znasz Norwegię, oraz masz dostęp do Polski. Zapewne świetnie znasz także angielski. Myślę, że jesteś we wspaniałym momencie życia, aby rozpocząć pracę nad własną przyszłością. Życzę Ci tego z całych siły. Pozdrawiam i fajnie, ze się odezwałeś.
Wielkie dzieki. Troche tak jak rodzice(ojciec jest 13 lat starszy od ciebie a mama 10). Ja juz prowadze swoj maly biznesik od 2 lat, byly dobre i zle momenty ale to jest czesc calego procesu, te smieszne historie itd. Duzy hit finansowy to jest tylko kwestia czasu. I to tez prawda, sa okolice w Polsce gdzie no... nie jest najlepiej. Sredni Norweg zyje o wiele lepiej niz Polak. Tego kontrastu tak nie widac w duzych miastach jak np. Warszawa czy Wroclaw kontra Oslo czy Drammen, ale jak porownasz jakies male miasto Norweskie jak naprzyklad Hafrsfjord do Polic w Polsce, to jest przepasc. Moi rodzice chca wracac do PL zeby sie czuc w domu. W Oslo bylem z 12-13 lat temu wiec nie znam tego miasta tak dobrze, jedno z najlepszych miast Norweskich. Jam sam nie wiem czy chce wracac. W Norwegii jest wiecej nieodkrytych obszarow w porownaniu do Polski.

Po to sa wlasnie takie forum jak ten, zeby poznawac ludzi do siebie, czy to na swoim poziomie, niszym albo o wiele wyszym w fastlane, wszyscy mamy wspolny cel i to jest najwazniesze.

I u ciebie tez nie jest za pozno. Bylo mnostwo ludzi na twojej pozycji, czy to pozna trzydziestka czy 40+, i udalo im sie osiagnac duzy sukces, wszystko to zalezy od checi, wiary i dobra biznes ktory ma olbrzymi potencjal. Nie pozwol zeby "polaczki" ci mowili jak to jest zle w Norwegii itd. To sa wszystko bzdury. Ja sam znam pare polakow z ktorymi gram w Pilke, i oni ciagle narzekaja jak to jest zle w tej Norwegi i zeby stad spierd@lac.

A ty masz plany na powrot do PL? Dzieki za wiadomosc ;)

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
686%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
Let me introduce myself. I'm a 35, originally from Poland, but I have been living in Norway for over 10 years. I have been a good and frugal slowlainer for all my life. I grow up in a hard-working, blue-collar family. My mom has been a very hard-working person all her life that took a chance in running a small business herself. Unfortunately, despite her efforts, it when bankrupt after a few years, and it was ugly. We lost everything.
I was a teenager then, but It had a massive impact on me. The message was clear, work hard for someone else, don't take any risks, live as frugal as possible, work, save, and one day...I will finally make it.
I was never a sidewalker, I got my lesson early. Save as much as possible, don't take any loans, and always live below your means. Frugal, sidewalk longshot. My life has not been bad, I can't complain. No big dramas so far, I have avoided many pitfalls that have trapt the most of my friends. No kids, no mortgage, and a have saved some buck, enough to support me while I take a Fastlane.
I have been avoiding the sidewalk like a plague ( it was always clear to me). Slowelane, the only path that I knew and considered was somehow never enough., it seemed like a dead end. I did not give up, but I never had an idea about an alternative.
Previous 10 years I have primary spend doing a few things. Working and saving as much as I could. Studying, reading, traveling, and getting my general shit together. I was always looking for something, something inside of me was always terrified of giving up on my dreams, so I did not. But time is short.
I think that I can call myself a lifelong learner. I was always missing a role model in my life, but I was looking for one. Books, online classes, podcasts, lectures, it was a hobby but also a search. Search for self-improvement, life philosophy, life mission, to find worthy direction, something more than life stagnation.
I came across Millionaire Fastlane as a book recommendation at the end of yet another personal finance book, one of many that I have read., only read, and never adopted. It was an epiphany, but a painful one indeed. First, it completely crashed many of my beliefs, but also gave me some hope. As a result, this august I quit my dear-held, cozy, dead-end job, ten years went by. I have decided to work half-time for a while, but just to give me some adaptation time to the new reality. Fastlane is a process, not an event. I'm building my process. I have a few ideas ( neurological fireworks for now ), not completely CENTS, hitchhiking strategy for now, but it is progress non less.
Best regards Fastlane brothers. All the best.
Welcome to the community!

I loved Sweden/Norway when I visited. How is starting a business (or entrepreneurship in general) viewed in your corner by the general public? I know taxation is relatively heavy and employing people is a bit more difficult

mm.c

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 30, 2021

mm.c

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 30, 2021
Wielkie dzieki. Troche tak jak rodzice(ojciec jest 13 lat starszy od ciebie a mama 10). Ja juz prowadze swoj maly biznesik od 2 lat, byly dobre i zle momenty ale to jest czesc calego procesu, te smieszne historie itd. Duzy hit finansowy to jest tylko kwestia czasu. I to tez prawda, sa okolice w Polsce gdzie no... nie jest najlepiej. Sredni Norweg zyje o wiele lepiej niz Polak. Tego kontrastu tak nie widac w duzych miastach jak np. Warszawa czy Wroclaw kontra Oslo czy Drammen, ale jak porownasz jakies male miasto Norweskie jak naprzyklad Hafrsfjord do Polic w Polsce, to jest przepasc. Moi rodzice chca wracac do PL zeby sie czuc w domu. W Oslo bylem z 12-13 lat temu wiec nie znam tego miasta tak dobrze, jedno z najlepszych miast Norweskich. Jam sam nie wiem czy chce wracac. W Norwegii jest wiecej nieodkrytych obszarow w porownaniu do Polski.

Po to sa wlasnie takie forum jak ten, zeby poznawac ludzi do siebie, czy to na swoim poziomie, niszym albo o wiele wyszym w fastlane, wszyscy mamy wspolny cel i to jest najwazniesze.

I u ciebie tez nie jest za pozno. Bylo mnostwo ludzi na twojej pozycji, czy to pozna trzydziestka czy 40+, i udalo im sie osiagnac duzy sukces, wszystko to zalezy od checi, wiary i dobra biznes ktory ma olbrzymi potencjal. Nie pozwol zeby "polaczki" ci mowili jak to jest zle w Norwegii itd. To sa wszystko bzdury. Ja sam znam pare polakow z ktorymi gram w Pilke, i oni ciagle narzekaja jak to jest zle w tej Norwegi i zeby stad spierd@lac.

A ty masz plany na powrot do PL? Dzieki za wiadomosc ;)
Zgadzam się, z tym co piszesz. Po pierwsze gratuluję, że Ty już realnie działasz i prowadzisz mały biznes. Robisz, działasz, a nie tylko mówisz o tym. Brawo.

Co do mnie to dopiero będę zaczynał. Do tej poj pory pracowałem dla kogoś, ale miałem wielką świadomość, że chce czegoś innego. Nie uważam, że jest za późno. Trzeba robić to, co się uważa za słuszne. Będę próbował do skutku. Udało mi się uniknąć kredytów i zobowiązań. Czas zabrać się do roboty i tyle.

Bardzo lubię Norwegię i norwegów, to jest fantastyczny kraj, fajni ludzie i mnóstwo możliwości. Tutaj żyje się bardzo dobrze. Nie dam nikomu się przekonać co dla mnie dobre a co złe. Chcę jak najlepiej przeżyć życie po swojemu, tam gdzie mi się podoba. Rozumiem jednak postawę wielu imigrantów, którzy jako osoby dorosłe wyjechały za granicę, wiem że bardzo ciągnie ich do ojczyzny, mnie trochę też. Chodzi o zwykłe relacje, że człowiek czuje się jak w domu, między swoimi ludźmi. Chociaż spędziłem całe dorosłe życie za granicą, wiem o czym ludzie mówią. Póki co nie mam zamiaru wyjeżdżać z Norwegii. Najważniejszy dla mnie jest teraz Fastlane. Uczę się rachunkowości po norwesku, to tu chce otworzyć działalność. Pozdrawiam.

mm.c

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Oct 30, 2021

I loved Sweden/Norway when I visited. How is starting a business (or entrepreneurship in general) viewed in your corner by the general public? I know taxation is relatively heavy and employing people is a bit more difficult
Thanks for welcoming, great to be part of this inspiring community.
Norway and Scandinavia, in general, are fantastic places. Natur, people, culture. Tip top. I'm at the beginning of my faslane road, so not an expert. But I have been living here for a while, so I know a thing or two. Entrepreneurship, hard work ethic, and self-reliability are highly valued. Biznes people are respected jobs and opportunity providers. My own boss is an extremely hard-working, moral person, he is one of my inspirations. Got stuck to his business for life, a golden cage situation, the more company grows, the more work he has. I'm not jealous of his situation, but inspiring non less. Starting and running a business is not hard. All government institutions are fair, low and regulations clear. People who follow rules have o problems on this front. Taxation is high, services cost a lot, very high costs of living and labor. If a business is based on labor it is making it much harder. Not only salaries but worker privileges, sick days, 5 weeks holidays and a lot of other rules. I consider Norway a great country to live in. Really good and fair tax and government system to be part of, but to run a business based on labor absolutely not. But again, I'm at the start of my fast lane journey, not an expert.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Zgadzam się, z tym co piszesz. Po pierwsze gratuluję, że Ty już realnie działasz i prowadzisz mały biznes. Robisz, działasz, a nie tylko mówisz o tym. Brawo.

Co do mnie to dopiero będę zaczynał. Do tej poj pory pracowałem dla kogoś, ale miałem wielką świadomość, że chce czegoś innego. Nie uważam, że jest za późno. Trzeba robić to, co się uważa za słuszne. Będę próbował do skutku. Udało mi się uniknąć kredytów i zobowiązań. Czas zabrać się do roboty i tyle.

Bardzo lubię Norwegię i norwegów, to jest fantastyczny kraj, fajni ludzie i mnóstwo możliwości. Tutaj żyje się bardzo dobrze. Nie dam nikomu się przekonać co dla mnie dobre a co złe. Chcę jak najlepiej przeżyć życie po swojemu, tam gdzie mi się podoba. Rozumiem jednak postawę wielu imigrantów, którzy jako osoby dorosłe wyjechały za granicę, wiem że bardzo ciągnie ich do ojczyzny, mnie trochę też. Chodzi o zwykłe relacje, że człowiek czuje się jak w domu, między swoimi ludźmi. Chociaż spędziłem całe dorosłe życie za granicą, wiem o czym ludzie mówią. Póki co nie mam zamiaru wyjeżdżać z Norwegii. Najważniejszy dla mnie jest teraz Fastlane. Uczę się rachunkowości po norwesku, to tu chce otworzyć działalność. Pozdrawiam.
Dzieki. Masz racje. Tez lubie Norwegie i jest tutaj sporo mozliwosci dla przedsiebiorcow(jezeli nie wiecej niz w Polsce i innych krajach europejskich), bo tu ludzie ogolnie sa gotowi placic wiecej za produkty + sporo obszarow jest jeszcze nie odkrytych tak jak np. w Stanach czy w UK. Zawsze mozna miec chatke w Polsce jak sie gdzies wyjedzie do Europy. Zycze ci powodzenia.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo

It's very easy to start a business here. Corporations (called aksjeselsap or AS here in Norway) are only taxed at 22% on their profit. Aka if you made $10m or about 100,000,000kr in revenue and 70% of it was pure profit($6m), you only pay 22% taxes on that $6m, in this case 1,320,000kr or $1.3m. Very friendly for new business owners, you can register a company within a week or so. Mine is not a corporation yet, it's still a one man operation so I'm just speaking from what I've read. And yes, personal income tax is quite high(40-45%) once you make over $100k a year, but just like any western country. It's still a lower than Californian income tax.

Yes, the Norwegian government does take care of their employees and the employee's rights are very strict here. If you're going to leave a job, you usually get a 90 days notice period. I've heard American companies can fire you at will, so you got no safety net over there which is probably why places like California have so many homeless. Whereas here it's pretty much impossible to fail. Even if you're a refugee from Syria which there's a lot of here, you get paid by the government to live here. This may sound strange but I've only seen one homeless person over the 16 years I've lived here, she was a serious begger though. Haven't seen her for some time now.

As far as how the general public views entrepreneurs, they really do respect them. @mm.c can probably speak on this matter as well. People from our country(Poland) tend to have a very bad/bitter relationship towards business owners or entrepreneurs in general. It's quite frowned upon, probably a little bit like what it's like in the US but America has this innate will to build something so it's not as big of a deal as it is in Eastern Europe. That is pretty much non existent here, or Scandinavia in general.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...