The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello & Thank you :) Finally joining the community.

Husky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
571%
Dec 23, 2018
England
First things first.

Thank You.

- Thank you @MJ DeMarco for changing my whole world view with The Millionaire Fastlane , Unscripted , and this wonderful forum. You're the one that started it all.
- Thank you @Fox for all of the gold left behind in the web design threads. I'm not even a web designer and yet I've received so much wisdom from you.
- Thank you @Lex DeVille for completely changing how I approach clients and customers. I used to be completely selfish, but now I'm extremely "You-focused" and you played a large role in that.
- Thank you @ChickenHawk for one of the most motivational progress threads I've read here. You're actually how I found the forum in the first place.
- Thank you @Andy Black for all of the great wisdom you've left in your Adwords posts. Not a topic I'm personally invested in at the moment but the nuggets apply to so much more than that one niche - lots to think about.

The great thing about this forum is the amount you can learn from people who aren't even in the same industry as you. In fact, it's often better if they're not.

It's taken a while for me to introduce myself. But now I'm here, I'm hoping I can give back and help in the way that I've been helped.

Intro stuff:

I never had much of an entrepreneurial drive growing up. Just book smarts - which got me into a top tier university (ranked no.1 globally for my subject). But that was three years + a lot of money down the drain for a piece of paper I never used.

After graduating I wanted to travel and not be shackled to one place or company. So I freelanced and travelled all over the world. I struggled financially from month to month but couldn't settle down.

Then I read The Millionaire Fastlane .

It blew my mind.

Like I said, I wasn't entrepreneurial at all. So it was a complete paradigm shift. It still took a couple of years for things to sink in fully.

And I probably wasted a couple of years chasing a dream that went against the Fastlane entry requirements.

At the moment I have a relatively location-independent day job. I also have a couple of side-hustles which match my day-job income (sometimes exceeding it).

I'm doing quite well with the affiliate marketing thing. Obviously that's not Fastlane. But my aim this year is to scale what I'm making from that hustle to at least 5x what it's making now so I can use that money towards my actual Fastlane ideas.

That's me in a nutshell. I'm not big on talking about myself but I'll start up a specific progress thread for the affiliate endeavour. And I'll be hanging around here a lot more from now on.

Thank you again to everyone making this community what it is :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hi Husky,

Thanks for a great intro and here's a formal welcome even though you have obviously been here for quite some time.

Thoroughly enjoyed your first post and and will look to follow your progress thread with great interest.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007