The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, allow me to introduce myself!

lankyape

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Mar 20, 2021
Hey all, my name is Max and I'm a 19 year old little shit from Canada! During high school, I knew University wasn't going to be the route for me, so I started working in the trades. I started with bricklaying for a summer, and absolutely despised that, so I moved onto framing carpentry, which I quite enjoy! Despite the gratification of building a house with your own two hands, after every 10-hour day, I've come home thinking "Man, there's gotta be more to life than this, I ain't living!"

So, that lead me to start buying and reading self development / entrepreneurship books! I'm about 7/8 done "the Millionaire Fastlane " and have "Unscripted " sitting on my desk waiting to be read. Honestly, I never thought a book could change your perspective / mindset THAT MUCH. It has really shed some light on what I'm surrounded by everyday at work; SLOWLANERS! It's tough though because carpentry is the first job I actually enjoy, I like my co-workers, and I've got a great boss, but I just know deep down I'm not really in an environment to achieve the life I want.

**By no means am I calling myself an entrepreneur, but there was a brief stint of time where I was making and selling custom metal & wood tables...I made decent profits on each build that I was able to sell, but it was mainly just a local, word-of-mouth side gig! I only mention this because it gave me a taste of the entrepreneur world, and I kind of loved it!

Anyways, I'm curious to hear if any of you guys have been able to build a fastlane business that's associated with a trade of any sort! Also, I'm open to any advice, tips, stories, etc. that you wish to share!
P.S. thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
you guys have been able to build a fastlane business that's associated with a trade of any sort!

Trades, because of bigger demand and less young people wanting to do them, IMO, are becoming "more Fastlane". Awesome to hear you enjoy your trade, that is an AWESOME foundation to build up when venturing into your own operation.

Welcome aboard.

lankyape

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Mar 20, 2021
Trades, because of bigger demand and less young people wanting to do them, IMO, are becoming "more Fastlane". Awesome to hear you enjoy your trade, that is an AWESOME foundation to build up when venturing into your own operation.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the reply, you make a good point. P.S. I'm loving the community you've been able to create here...good on you, sir!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...