The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing the Andy Frisella "75 Hard" Challenge

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
#Day 7 (Attempt 10)

I feel like this guy still practising throws while all the lights in the stadium are off and everyone is gone home.

Attempt #9 was my first failure on purpose. I knew I had not completed the list but I had just hit a wall. Couldn't work out, couldn't down any more water, couldn't even read a book. I don't know what happened but my mind just shut down on the whole thing.

I took a day off to rethink everything and have properly committed to attempt #10.

But I am doing very well this time. I have been focusing on being the person who can do this.
Rather than having to force it and feel like its not me. Hope that makes sense.

Also as a little bonus, I got my first ever muscle up today.
I started learning them about 4 weeks ago and today was the breakthrough day.
I got some more bodyweight goals to keep me on track too:
- 5 muscle-ups in a row
- 5 (no support) handstand push ups
- 5 no leg push ups (these are crazy)
- and a backflip on flat ground

I am planning to be able to do all of these by the time I finish this attempt.

Ill try to edit this post on my phone and add in a video of the muscle up...

*Hmm its too big. I uploaded it as an unlisted YT video.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
#Day 7 (Attempt 10)

I feel like this guy still practising throws while all the lights in the stadium are off and everyone is gone home.

Attempt #9 was my first failure on purpose. I knew I had not completed the list but I had just hit a wall. Couldn't work out, couldn't down any more water, couldn't even read a book. I don't know what happened but my mind just shut down on the whole thing.

I took a day off to rethink everything and have properly committed to attempt #10.

But I am doing very well this time. I have been focusing on being the person who can do this.
Rather than having to force it and feel like its not me. Hope that makes sense.

Also as a little bonus, I got my first ever muscle up today.
I started learning them about 4 weeks ago and today was the breakthrough day.
I got some more bodyweight goals to keep me on track too:
- 5 muscle-ups in a row
- 5 (no support) handstand push ups
- 5 no leg push ups (these are crazy)
- and a backflip on flat ground

I am planning to be able to do all of these by the time I finish this attempt.

Ill try to edit this post on my phone and add in a video of the muscle up...

*Hmm its too big. I uploaded it as an unlisted YT video.

I don’t even want to tell ppl when I attempt anymore but you’re not alone. I have considered the “be a person” thing.. I’m well aware of how important identity is..

I don’t identify with being a disciplined person at all. I’ll hafta give this some more thought. Thank you for being brave enough to share, again. It’s encouraging.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
So, I'm in. Thanks to @Fox for starting the thread and @GoodluckChuck for inspiring me to do it when we had coffee in PDX a few weeks ago.

I've actually been in since August 1, but am still on day 2 and never skipped a day. Funny how that works. The easy things that are hard for me and the hard things that are easy. Every time I've failed it is because of the water or the selfie. (Yeah, I needed a better tracking system; I've get one now).

A few nights ago, we got home late. After putting the kids down, I was tired as heck, but went out for a 45 minute walk and did my reading. The next morning when the alarm went off at 5, I was exhausted but happy with myself that I didn't miss the day before. I was finally on day 6.

Or so I thought.

I went out to the kitchen to make coffee and saw one of the most horrifying things I've seen in a while: 8 ounces of the previous day's water still in my bottle. No!

As to the actual content of the challenge, it seems in a way to be a grab bag of randomness that Andy Frisella pulled out of his A$$. So, I listen to 1.5 hours of stuff on Audible while working out, but still need to read 10 pages in a book. Really? I need to drink twice as much water as I my body actually needs and make myself go to the bathroom a ridiculous amount of times. Really? I need to take a daily selfie when a single "before" and a single "after" would be sufficient. Really?

But I will say that sticking to the exact rules of the challenge without compromise is causing me to grow. I can feel my power increasing. There is no other way to describe it. And I'm only on day 2.

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
Legend!

Well done man and thanks for all your help to others and myself on here.

Congrats.

Thank you, man. I'm glad I helped you or anyone else here in some way. Props to you for sticking with it.

Honestly, I never ended up going to that martial arts class. I was having stomach problems that night, and then I started second-guessing if I should go because the class is late at night (trying to fix my years of bad sleep) and I could really use the $170/mo in a few months when I move.. but, I think it's something I need to do. So I will.

I've been feeling weird today now that the challenge is over. Mentally, I mean. It's confusing, like I don't know wtf to do with myself now (even tho I'm doing everything minus the 2nd workout and drinking so much water).

I know I could start phase 1, but honestly I don't want to.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I think that the challenge not being what you would usually do is a good thing.

If we all picked our own challenge we would be doing stuff that didn't push us.
We would be doing the things we already are doing and calling that success.

The water isn't as much as it seems if you are working out and spread it over the day.
(Also my skin is 100 times better than when I first started)

- The picture forces you to face reality.

- The book means you got to make active and engaged time to learn.

- Workout indoors is obvious enough. Workout outdoors forces you to get outside and face the elements.

- And a clean diet, with zero deviations, has a lot of good lessons in health and discipline.

To me it makes a lot of sense and seems very well thought out.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
uhhh I know I’ve done the challenge a bunch but.. I think I may have gotten a thing wrong.

Do we hafta post a selfie every day on some platform or just take a selfie every day?

I am more of the jump-into-things-with-exuberance-and-figure-it-out-as-I-go-along-type-of-person than the I-should-think-about-this-long and hard type of person... oops.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
uhhh I know I’ve done the challenge a bunch but.. I think I may have gotten a thing wrong.

Do we hafta post a selfie every day on some platform or just take a selfie every day?

I am more of the jump-into-things-with-exuberance-and-figure-it-out-as-I-go-along-type-of-person than the I-should-think-about-this-long and hard type of person... oops.

It is just for yourself. Seems the only ones most people post are their first and last days.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
It is just for yourself. Seems the only ones most people post are their first and last days.

Oh. I must have followed too many ppl on insta who post everyday..

Thanks dude!

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Day 1.

I realized in the shower this morning that yesterday I ate one of my daughter's leftover chips at Chipotle. Chips are off my diet.

It was less a decision than a momentary loss of awareness.

It doesn't really bother me. I'm gonna get this eventually.

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
20 days in, this morning was a disaster. I wake up and didn’t remember the 10 pages read. So i thought the challenge was lost again.
Then went to my pictures and found screenshot of the 10 pages. Holy sh*t..

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
Ok, I choose to be totally honest, let's start with a bad new. Forgot to take my progress picture yesterday. Yes, you actually read it, I forgot to take the fuking picture.
I could whine and bitch and tell it's just a picture. But no. It's in the challenge and there is no derogatory.

It's the 3 times I lost the challenge i think, well. Let's take it easy. Tonight I'm gonna fuking cheat meal. Like ben and jerry ice cream pot.
Tomorrow is a restart again. I don't care wether i restart 3or 4 or 5 or 6 the challenge, I will fuking do it.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Let's take it easy. Tonight I'm gonna fuking cheat meal. Like ben and jerry ice cream pot.

Or, consider not doing that.

This is my 20th day into the challenge, although I'm only on day 2. I keep on slipping up on minor things. I'm convinced the only reason I have been able to keep going is because I refuse to say "screw it,I'm taking the rest of the day off" each time I slip up.

Just a thought. It works for me, but you could be different.

Either way, we're gonna get this!

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I'm in - and I want your opinions, please.

I was on Day 7 when I accidentally ingested an allergen. I maintain Constant Vigilance, and this one slipped past me anyway. So I got sick. In bed, throwing up, can't move my head sick. Not quite to the 'my throat is closing up, take me to the hospital', but getting there. So the Challenge was not completed yesterday.

It's a reality of my life that this accidental ingestion happens, and I am doing everything to mitigate it. It happens less and less, as I learn where the triggers and risk factors are - but I'm still learning. Apparently, I'm ridiculously sensitive (to corn. in America!)

Do I have to start over?

Part of me is saying, yes, because my vigilance was lacking. And part of me is, well, no, because this is an exceptional case, like having RA, and some days are just going to be impossible.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I'm in - and I want your opinions, please.

I was on Day 7 when I accidentally ingested an allergen. I maintain Constant Vigilance, and this one slipped past me anyway. So I got sick. In bed, throwing up, can't move my head sick. Not quite to the 'my throat is closing up, take me to the hospital', but getting there. So the Challenge was not completed yesterday.

It's a reality of my life that this accidental ingestion happens, and I am doing everything to mitigate it. It happens less and less, as I learn where the triggers and risk factors are - but I'm still learning. Apparently, I'm ridiculously sensitive (to corn. in America!)

Do I have to start over?

Part of me is saying, yes, because my vigilance was lacking. And part of me is, well, no, because this is an exceptional case, like having RA, and some days are just going to be impossible.

If you’re allergic to corn and you haven’t researched glyphosates you absolutely should, immediately. The rabbit trail is deep on that one but the possibility of healing is worth it. A full fast like this (strict diet with no gluten or dairy even) could actually be way, way better for your body than anything else. Good luck!

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Do I have to start over?

Part of me is saying, yes, because...

My rule is this: if any part of me is saying I need to start over, I do start over.

This requires honesty with yourself. Could you do something to avoid the allergen? Have you really done everything to mitigate the risk? Or was it just a random, residual amount that you could never learn about (but was enough to trigger the allergy)?

You probably already know the answer.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Just came home after a week of holiday with a dozen of my friends.

A week full of alcohol, sweets, snacks, eating out and other temptations. A week full of activities, going to sleep late, limited access to the kitchen or fresh groceries, and little time to exercise or read. A week full of social pressure.

Day 19.

I feel there's no going back to day 1 now.

I've become 100% aware of all the BS I've been feeding myself. I immediately notice when I try to cut corners, even by a tiny bit. I've become allergic to excuses (and I sneeze now when someone makes one).

What am I trying to tell you, that you can all finish the challenge?
No, fellows. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

Doug Smith

Changing Lanes
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 27, 2016
Detroit, Mi
I'm 100% in on this, and I really need to do this right now. While I've never heard of this before I've actually done this program already (minus the daily progress pics) and it seriously works. I was the healthiest, successful and most disciplined in my entire life during this time. Ready to get back to that place. Thanks for Sharing.

Will25

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Aug 25, 2019
Maybe you have already heard of this challenge - the 75 hard challenge by Andy Frisella who runs The MFCEO podcast (I think the top business podcast for over two years).

Basically, the rules are:

1) Strict Diet – No cheating, not even 1 bite, and No alcohol

2) Two Workouts* per Day – 1 has to be outside and both have to be at least 45 minutes

(*this can mean jogging, swimming, yoga - doesn't have to be gym)

3) Drink 1 Gallon of Water per Day – Nothing but clear, plain water counts

4) Read 10 Pager per Day – From a non-fiction self-help book or business book

5) Take a Progress Picture Every Day – So you can see the progress at the end

For 75 days with no days off.

While it might seem like a fitness challenge - it isn't. It is a discipline challenge.

Andy explains it fully here:

Let me say - it is harder than it looks. To do one day - easy. To not miss any days - very very hard.

First time I failed was cause I had a sugary drink on a date. I let a girl buy me a sugary Starbucks smoothie and wasn't being aware.

The second time (two days ago) I didn't do any reading cause I didn't have my day planned out 100%. I got sloppy with my time.

Is this challenge needed for you to be successful? Of course not.

But is it a great way to build some great habits, awareness, dedication, and discipline for those struggling with those things? 100%.

So if you feel like jumping in with me on this challenge post up.

Some additional rules:

- Don't modify any part of the challenge. This isn't a "well I did it this way" challenge. The rules are above and those are the rules.

- If you break ANY rules you go back to the start.

- Be true to yourself. The only person who gets anything out of this is YOU if you do it right. Pretending you did this won't help and will most likely hurt.

- No audiobooks ha. I still listen to them as I walk every day but Andy is clear that the 10 pages a day are to be read by you.

That is it:

Here are my past stats but I will consider today day one since I have to restart...

View attachment 24988

View attachment 24989

(started on the 23rd of May and failed twice since)

So who is in with me?
(or has already started)
I have never heard of this before and sounds tough. I already drink that much water and read more than 10 pages. The diet and the workout will be the hard part for me. I'm in starting tomorrow.

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
I have never heard of this before and sounds tough. I already drink that much water and read more than 10 pages. The diet and the workout will be the hard part for me. I'm in starting tomorrow.

Andy Frisella himself is restarting today. Going day to day with Andy should really help you complete the challenge. Check out his Insta stories.

I'm currently on Day 9. I delayed starting the challenge because my brother was getting married and there was no chance that as his 'Best Man', I wouldn't raise a glass to celebrate his wedding.

Heading into the challenge 10 days ago, in my head, the hardest part for me personally was going to be the zero alcohol or cheat meal requirement. I'm incredibly active and have always been very fit and work hard in the gym but I've also always partied hard on the weekend and then spent Sunday's eating around 4,000 calories of pizza as I'd 'earned' it and needed it for 'recovery'. I'd also usually have a couple of beers after football mid week and I'd also eat and drink a bit like Henry the 8th when taking clients out.

I'd never taken a progress picture until 9 days ago and the idea has always seemed so pointless until now. Bearing in mind that I was in what most people would consider good shape anyway and that the only difference here for me is that I've not had a weekend blowout or the odd IPA here and there, the difference in my physique in just 9 days is astonishing!

It sounds obvious. Of course drinking on the weekend and eating rubbish food is going to hold you back physically and professionally but seeing the difference side by side is absolutely crazy. The pictures have made staying away from alcohol and cheat meals the easiest part of the challenge for me now and I'm excited to see and share the day 75 result on the 2nd of November should I succeed on the first attempt.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Rick posted it already - Andy is restarting so a very good time to jump in for anyone thinking about it.

Day 20 in the bag for me! This time will be the one.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Day 51 here.

It's getting pretty routine. Every few days I'll have a moment wherenim chugging water before bed or forcing my a$$ outside for exercise when I don't want to.

At this poiny I'm planning on continuing with most of these habits even after the challenge is over. The only thing I will change is doing one work out instead of 2. Though, lately I've been walking around a track while reading which saves me a little time.

So far my number one take away from this challenge is a habit gain In the form of doing things early in the day instead of putting them off. This challenge forces you to do this mainly with the 2 workouts and drinking a gallon of water. If you procrastinate it make it very painful. This lesson alone has made it all worth it.

Oh and new record on the scale today. Started at 174 and today was the first day under 167. I almost have a shadow of a six pack.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I can't believe it - was cruising this time and then forgot to do my second work out yesterday.

Its the same thing that has happened a bunch of times before - I think I have everything done and head off to bed forgetting one item on the list. I even have the app to remind me but that slipped my mind also (I know).

Every time I fail like this it shows me I got more potential to step up my awareness and organizing skills. I am flat out right now with my business (just got a third person on the team) so the 75 hard challenge is part of a lot of other things.

No excuses though since more busy and successful people than me have done it.

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
I can't believe it - was cruising this time and then forgot to do my second work out yesterday.

Its the same thing that has happened a bunch of times before - I think I have everything done and head off to bed forgetting one item on the list. I even have the app to remind me but that slipped my mind also (I know).

Every time I fail like this it shows me I got more potential to step up my awareness and organizing skills. I am flat out right now with my business (just got a third person on the team) so the 75 hard challenge is part of a lot of other things.

No excuses though since more busy and successful people than me have done it.

Wow, 11 attempts and I still see that fire in your posts. You can do it, sir!

I wanted to join in but I am unable to do the second workout outside because I am an introvert and lazy :( I will join in soon though.

Currently, my daily habit building involves waking up before 7, having 2 teaspoons of honey and aloe vera, posting on Evan Carmichael's videos with the hashtag #BTAXX where XX is the consecutive amount of days I am posting (currently I am at #BTA65), then I walk for 2 km every day and at night I post my screentime here. At midnight, I download at least 2 videos of current affairs, 2-3 videos on Technical stuff and also a 1-hour Mathematical Reasoning video from a YouTube channel and make sure to watch them by the next day.

I will add drinking that 1-gallon water and taking a photo of myself to my list, but working out is impossible :(

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Wow, 11 attempts and I still see that fire in your posts. You can do it, sir!

I wanted to join in but I am unable to do the second workout outside because I am an introvert and lazy :( I will join in soon though.

Currently, my daily habit building involves waking up before 7, having 2 teaspoons of honey and aloe vera, posting on Evan Carmichael's videos with the hashtag #BTAXX where XX is the consecutive amount of days I am posting (currently I am at #BTA65), then I walk for 2 km every day and at night I post my screentime here. At midnight, I download at least 2 videos of current affairs, 2-3 videos on Technical stuff and also a 1-hour Mathematical Reasoning video from a YouTube channel and make sure to watch them by the next day.

I will add drinking that 1-gallon water and taking a photo of myself to my list, but working out is impossible :(
You can do it... A baby could do it. It's just a matter of making the decision to go walk around the block for 45 minutes.

@Fox Damn dude... by the time you finish the challenge you will have seen some major improvements no doubt. Hell, you might never complete the challenge, but you'll be a shit load better for it! :)

I almost missed my workout last night too... Went out to dinner with some friends and didn't get home to 10:30. It was around 10:15 that I realized I had a second workout to do and 2L of water to drink. I was outside walking in the dark until almost midnight. Had to check my checklist a few times because I was so tired and didn't want to miss anything.

The challenge is getting a little weird for me. Day 54 and it's become really automatic so I'm not that conscious of it. I don't like that because that's when mistakes happen.

I don't really want it to end so I'm looking forward to starting phase 1 shortly after completion. The only thing I don't like is 2 workouts per day. It takes a lot of time and I already have a full schedule.

With that said, it is kind of cool operating closer to maximum capacity than I ever have. I would say I've spent my life living at 20% capacity. With this challenge, my business, and teaching myself Machine Learning (for work), I would say I'm probably operating around 80%. I can't imagine how much harder this challenge would be if I had kids or a normal job where I had to commute 2 hours per day.

I'm super lucky that I'm in control of my time.

Keep it up @Fox. You're committment to finishing despite the constant hurdles is truly badass.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox Damn dude... by the time you finish the challenge you will have seen some major improvements no doubt. Hell, you might never complete the challenge, but you'll be a shit load better for it! :)

Well, its day 102 today haha.

day one...

Today...

I know I have failed a bunch (now on attempt 11!) but at the same time, it has been exactly what I needed. I didn't deserve to complete this the first ten times and I am still working on improving as much as I can. Hopefully, this time is the one but maybe I got more to learn.

My goal with this has always been to get me to the level I need to be at - for me. So as much as I like the group support here it's up to everyone to get themselves across the line.

I need this for me so I will keep going until its done.

I got massive respect for people in the 30-75 day range. It is a big achievement that others will think sounds simple but it is not. Especially when most of us have 100s of other things to do also.

Anyway, just a little update. Hope everyone else is cruising or about to get going!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Pro insight: The real hardest part of this challenge is trying not to get caught taking selfies in the gym changing room.

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
Hey everyone. Enjoying all your updates.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I finished my 75 days. Things have not been going well. Although I still workout semi-regularly and have been going to a couple martial arts classes a week, my diet has really backslid and I'm not reading consistently.

I wanted to share this because it can serve as a warning to those of you getting close to finishing.

I didn't have a plan on what habits I would keep up when I finished. I let the lazy part of me talk myself out of the habits I built up and fell back into old, bad habits.

First I started working out once a day and not tracking my water, then somewhere after a week I didn't work out one day and I've been slowly losing the urge I had built up to work out. Then my diet started to get off track, I snacked on the weekend instead of having regular meals, started eating later at night and then just let myself stay up too late and overeat.

I'm learning a lot about myself from this failure, especially my inability to moderate intake of certain trigger foods.

I am going to spend this week focusing on performing the habits I want. If I am not successful, this time next week I am going to start over and re-do the 75Hard program.

The biggest thing I've learned is, just because you spent 75 days building up the discipline and really believe in yourself, doesn't mean you are now on auto-pilot. You have to stay vigilant in protecting the habits you've built up to keep your discipline strong.

Also, Andy's newest podcast is completely right. I am so much happier when being disciplined. Right now I feel terrible about myself, like the person that just finished 75Hard has almost disappeared.

Please consider carefully what you will do after the program. You can easily fall back into your old self.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Hey everyone. Enjoying all your updates.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I finished my 75 days. Things have not been going well. Although I still workout semi-regularly and have been going to a couple martial arts classes a week, my diet has really backslid and I'm not reading consistently.

I wanted to share this because it can serve as a warning to those of you getting close to finishing.

I didn't have a plan on what habits I would keep up when I finished. I let the lazy part of me talk myself out of the habits I built up and fell back into old, bad habits.

First I started working out once a day and not tracking my water, then somewhere after a week I didn't work out one day and I've been slowly losing the urge I had built up to work out. Then my diet started to get off track, I snacked on the weekend instead of having regular meals, started eating later at night and then just let myself stay up too late and overeat.

I'm learning a lot about myself from this failure, especially my inability to moderate intake of certain trigger foods.

I am going to spend this week focusing on performing the habits I want. If I am not successful, this time next week I am going to start over and re-do the 75Hard program.

The biggest thing I've learned is, just because you spent 75 days building up the discipline and really believe in yourself, doesn't mean you are now on auto-pilot. You have to stay vigilant in protecting the habits you've built up to keep your discipline strong.

Also, Andy's newest podcast is completely right. I am so much happier when being disciplined. Right now I feel terrible about myself, like the person that just finished 75Hard has almost disappeared.

Please consider carefully what you will do after the program. You can easily fall back into your old self.

This is a huge fear of mine. I'm on day 56 I think and I don't plan on stopping at 75. Probably not even a day off before starting phase 1.

I like the way I am now so much better than on day 1 that I don't want to lose it, so I'm just going to keep going.

Sounds like you need to hop back on the train and get into phase 1.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
PHASE ONE, PHASE ONE, PHASE ONE!!!

I have been waiting for someone to start in with phase one for a while.

@KnightByDay thanks for sharing - good to have that insight as to what can happen when you are done. Don't worry too much - just get back into some kind of system again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.