The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

HOT TOPIC Doing the Andy Frisella "75 Hard" Challenge

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Oh wow, I didn't expect such responses. Appreciated.

I'm not trying to twist your words around, I simply don't understand what your having problems with
Yeah, a good question.
What I meant is that it's become "hard" in a totally new way.

Not "I need to go running but it's raining" or "I'd love some chocolate but it would break my diet".

Rather "Jesus effin Christ, not another 75hard journal... I want to focus on work (or relax) and not think how much water I've drunk today".

Sounds like it's working.
It sounds so indeed.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Oh wow, I didn't expect such responses. Appreciated.

Yeah, a good question.
What I meant is that it's become "hard" in a totally new way.

Not "I need to go running but it's raining" or "I'd love some chocolate but it would break my diet".

Rather "Jesus effin Christ, not another 75hard journal... I want to focus on work (or relax) and not think how much water I've drunk today".

It sounds so indeed.
Okay I understand exactly what you mean, because I was there for about a week at around Day 50. So right about where you are I faced similar challenges. Feels claustrophobic, like you just want to step outside but your stuck on this flight for another few hours?

All I can say is keep going, like all emotions it will pass. Your in a valley which is good because your about to climb up another peak. If you quit now you’ll have missed the entire point of the programme. Everyone in here would hate to see that, we’re all rooting for you.

Keep going lad you got this

Fid

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Okay I understand exactly what you mean, because I was there for about a week at around Day 50. So right about where you are I faced similar challenges. Feels claustrophobic, like you just want to step outside but your stuck on this flight for another few hours?

All I can say is keep going, like all emotions it will pass. Your in a valley which is good because your about to climb up another peak. If you quit now you’ll have missed the entire point of the programme. Everyone in here would hate to see that, we’re all rooting for you.

Keep going lad you got this
That's exactly that – claustrophobia is a great analogy!
I would hate to see me giving up myself, haha. After all that I've learned and figured out along the way...

I do keep going. Day 47.
Thank you.

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Make a post on here and get going. Even if it is a post to state when you WILL start.
I'm going to start tomorrow.

I need to become more disciplined in my daily actions. I'm not happy with my lack of progress over the past year (again) and as we near the end of the calendar (only 100 days left, folks!) I hope to use this challenge as a momentum builder heading into 2020.

Bradley R

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone,

Okay I’m jumping in again starting today. It’s 8pm local time I’ve completed all my tasks. Now I just have to avoid stuffing my fat face :rofl:..

P.S.
If anyone is on the fence I invite you to join me. We can take turns keeping each other accountable. Meaning we can bully each other over the phone to keep ourselves on track.

✌
Just saw this and my girlfriend and I started on Wednesday as well. Would be happy to have another accountability buddy

GoodluckChuck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Done! Finished 75 Hard two days ago. I was getting really tired of it near the end. Just two weeks ago I was thinking I didn't want it to end. What a freakin rollercoaster...

Such an amazing feeling checking off the last box on the last day and going to bed. There was definitely a huge confidence boost the next day when I knew that I did it. I won! Also a huge weight lifted off my shoulders as there were no longer huge consequences for doing little things like not drinking a sip of water...

I'm writing a pretty long post about some lessons I learned and I wanted to share some charts here. I input all my tracked data from my notepad into Google Sheets and made some graphs. Not huge progress but it's really cool to see real progress on a chart. Check it.

I rate my mood and energy level upon waking on a scale of 1-10

You can see on day one I woke up at like 3:45am... I guess I was excited haha! I don't use an alarm clock.

I didn't lose a ton of weight because working out was putting on muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Still lost a few lbs.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Mar 19, 2014
Also done! Had day 75 yesterday. I'm so incredibly proud of myself for going through with this and sticking to it. Never have I been exercising everyday for 75 days straight.

Lost around 7,5 kg (16 lbs), and I'm the closest to being under 80 kg I've been in around six years.

I'm going to enjoy a beer and a pizza tomorrow with my wife, but it almost feels wrong not to stick to the schedule through the day. So I can see myself continue with this lifestyle. I feel really good (and some of my nice clothes fits again - yay!).

Diet
My diet has been lazy keto, and I haven't missed a day. My wife jumped with me, and she is more than happy to continue with this diet, although she will add a little bit of bread for lunch. No other changes will be applied to our diet.

Water
Been drinking minimum 4 liters of water every day, some days even 5 liters or more, if I was done with my 4 liters early.

Books
I've read 5 books in the 75 days, on my sixth right now (The Magic of Thinking Big). Did more than 10 pages most of the days, because I wouldn't count half a page as an actual page, and I wouldn't stop in the middle of a chapter. So think I read around 15-25 pages per day on average.

Exercise
For exercise, I did a 45 minute walk outside every day, and the other exercise was cycling or running. 90% of the days it was cycling, 10% of the days it was running.

Progress picture
Did it as the first thing in the morning, so it was easy to remember.

One of the funniest things through this challenge, which also has been discussed here a couple of times, are the nightmares, where you eat something you shouldn't. I think I've had nightmares about eating or drinking wrong at least five or six times, and most of the times I woke up very angry at myself, until I realized it was a dream.

As earlier mentioned in this thread, I've used an app on the home screen of my phone - a checklist with each task, so every time I checked my phone, I'd see the checklist and be reminded about doing all the tasks. Worked like a charm.

This challenge has really showed me what consistency can do. Sticking to something everyday for a long period of time can really move you, your skills, your weight, your company or whatever it is.

I'm rooting for you, and if you're on your way to day 75, stick to it. Even when the second workout of the day sucks, and you just want to sit on the couch watching football. You will feel so damn proud of yourself, when you hit the finish line.

GoodluckChuck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Congrats to everyone that finished!

If anyone wants a good book recommendation to go along with this challenge I recommend A Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl. This was the first book I read during the first two weeks of the challenge and it provided an amazing array of insights that go right along with the personal growth found during this challenge.

I also wrapped up some thoughts about all of this in another thread. I would have posted it here but it's freakin long and I didn't want to clog up this one. Cheers.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Just saw this and my girlfriend and I started on Wednesday as well. Would be happy to have another accountability buddy
@Bradley R I’d be happy to, having other people to keep you accountable definitely helps. Here’s my Instagram @traynordaniel. Alternatively you can post on the thread. I’m restarting today as I was sick and had to take medication that had glucose in it. So failed on my diet, back to Day 1. What day are you on?
Also done! Had day 75 yesterday. I'm so incredibly proud of myself for going through with this and sticking to it. Never have I been exercising everyday for 75 days straight.

Lost around 7,5 kg (16 lbs), and I'm the closest to being under 80 kg I've been in around six years.

I'm going to enjoy a beer and a pizza tomorrow with my wife, but it almost feels wrong not to stick to the schedule through the day. So I can see myself continue with this lifestyle. I feel really good (and some of my nice clothes fits again - yay!).

View attachment 27737

Diet
My diet has been lazy keto, and I haven't missed a day. My wife jumped with me, and she is more than happy to continue with this diet, although she will add a little bit of bread for lunch. No other changes will be applied to our diet.

Water
Been drinking minimum 4 liters of water every day, some days even 5 liters or more, if I was done with my 4 liters early.

Books
I've read 5 books in the 75 days, on my sixth right now (The Magic of Thinking Big). Did more than 10 pages most of the days, because I wouldn't count half a page as an actual page, and I wouldn't stop in the middle of a chapter. So think I read around 15-25 pages per day on average.

Exercise
For exercise, I did a 45 minute walk outside every day, and the other exercise was cycling or running. 90% of the days it was cycling, 10% of the days it was running.

Progress picture
Did it as the first thing in the morning, so it was easy to remember.

One of the funniest things through this challenge, which also has been discussed here a couple of times, are the nightmares, where you eat something you shouldn't. I think I've had nightmares about eating or drinking wrong at least five or six times, and most of the times I woke up very angry at myself, until I realized it was a dream.

As earlier mentioned in this thread, I've used an app on the home screen of my phone - a checklist with each task, so every time I checked my phone, I'd see the checklist and be reminded about doing all the tasks. Worked like a charm.

This challenge has really showed me what consistency can do. Sticking to something everyday for a long period of time can really move you, your skills, your weight, your company or whatever it is.

I'm rooting for you, and if you're on your way to day 75, stick to it. Even when the second workout of the day sucks, and you just want to sit on the couch watching football. You will feel so damn proud of yourself, when you hit the finish line.
Congratulations

Congrats to everyone that finished!

If anyone wants a good book recommendation to go along with this challenge I recommend A Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl. This was the first book I read during the first two weeks of the challenge and it provided an amazing array of insights that go right along with the personal growth found during this challenge.

I also wrapped up some thoughts about all of this in another thread. I would have posted it here but it's freakin long and I didn't want to clog up this one. Cheers.

Great job, I’ll check out your other thread later

Reactions: Roz

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
I just finished the challenge as well. I made it through a vacation, a hurricane evacuation, a wedding anniversary, constant temptation, and a few days I questioned why I was doing this in the first place.

Congrats to everyone else that has finished as well. And to those still in the mix - keep going!

And thanks to @Fox because I would've never known this was a thing without him.

Besides a few extra abs, I gained discipline, confidence, and I had my willpower tested to the extreme. I’m in great shape now, and I’m finally comfortable with that weird guy I see in the mirror.

But the most amazing thing that happened was a shift in mindset. I went from, “I can't do this,” to “Okay, let’s figure this out.”

It's helped in both my professional and personal life.

I finished a few days ago, but I've pretty much kept up with my diet, I still haven't had any alcohol, still reading every day, and I'm still drinking a gallon of water every day.

This was a total game-changer. Anyone on the fence about starting, do it. If you're thinking of giving up, keep going. It's worth it.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm on day 27.

The first 10-12 days I was in a weird state of depression/ slump which is out of the norm for me.

After day 15-20 it started to get easier. Naturally I am very disciplined person so this hasn't been a huge transition for me, however I will say there have been several times I didn't want to do my 2nd workout.

I've also been waking up at 5am M-F and 6AM Sat/ sun because I am a morning person now.

Plus plenty of times I wanted to cave in and get a couple of beers or eating some nachos with queso.

However, one weakness I have in life is not always following through on things in business. Which is why I want to do this. To build the confidence I need to succeed big in business.

I am trying to shift my identity from someone who makes average money to someone who money comes to easily and in abundance.

OP
OP
Fox

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Amazing work by all those who have finished it! Really cool to see the results.

I won't be saying what day or challenge attempt I am on but I am still going. I'll update when I am done.

It has been quite the internal battle but I will get there!

Fresho

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 15, 2019
I really like this challenge. I Read a little bit about this and I am hooked on this. I think it's nice to have so many people do it to. So I will feel like this is a group accomplishment.

Today is my first day. I think this is perfect.

On a side note I have been researching about testosterone production in the body and its effects. If somebody is interested in how to keep a healthy testosterone level I can share this here.

I talked to a doctor and will do a blood test. Follow the rules that I have found and after two months do another blood test to check out if it worked for me. Perfect in combination with 75Hard.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Day 35 for me - Still going

Looking forward to achieving this because my past self has trouble following through on things in business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Freelance [and other] Udemy Courses
How do I pick one among so many courses? Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D
Replies
Views
Top Bottom