The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

DestroyRebuild

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Dec 15, 2018
The City That Never Sleeps
Hello Ladies and Gents,

My apologies as this probably won't be brief, have a ton of run on sentences, and awful writing.

Today is the day I finally pulled the trigger. I was a longtime lurker and today I ordered "The Millionaire Fastlane " so I decided to introduce myself.

A little bit about me:

I am in my early 30s, recently married, and a life long New Yorker. I have been in banking operations for over 10 years and I am tired of "Going to the butcher shop for my meat, I want to become a hunter". Just the other night I went out for a cup of coffee with someone from a startup to basically be vetted for a possible role and last night I went to an interview on a Friday night at 6PM at another bulge bracket for a job I honestly don't want. I am tired of trying to pitch myself and prove my worth to others, I need to start proving my worth to myself.

I am fairly self-aware and the issue I am having is getting started. I am almost at the point where I am contemplating buying a cheap website on shopify exchange to just see if I can build it up or if I can't just take the loss so I'm done action faking.

A lot of the issues I am having is with my self confidence, I feel like I have always been scared to fail and my biggest motivator has always been anger. Frustration festers and festers until I finally say eff this and look to make a change. Lots of my fear also comes from the fact I make a decent salary but I cant "burn my boats" due to the below:
1) I have a decent amount of bad debt and
2) I have my wife under my health insurance.

The reality is I need to just figure out what type of business I want to start. I know that I want it to be a tangible asset or a service that maybe I can scale and can lead to bigger opportunities. I don't want to get into something that has a low barrier to entry and its hard to differentiate myself.

I need to get introspective and really start believing in myself, a lot of the self confidence issues come from living check to check and working at a job where so many people are egotistical and feel self important. I am really good at my job and my client loves but there are no real prospects and the job is not one which sets you up to succeed. I can explain in more detail if anyone is interested.

I love reading a lot of the stuff here because a lot of the people are bright and really look in depth at solving problems. @biophase comes to mind and honestly reading some of @G_Alexander post made me decide to actually get off my a$$ and join the forum.

Basically I need to start figuring out how to tackle problems. This is the first step I take. Now its time to believe in myself and stop running from a possibility of failure.

Pleasure to join this awesome forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
1516750261-Welcome_To_Wakanda_The_Royal_Ball_tickets.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.