The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you drive?

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I drive a car and I like it. Why the F*ck does this matter? The wealthiest people in the world dont drive -- they are driven. This is irrelevant question as everybody views cars differently.

Woah, bro....welcome to the forum. No need to get your panties in a bunch already, if this was in response to OP creating this thread. Of course everyone views cars differently. No one was bashing on anyone for driving beaters, POS's, etc vs lambos/ferrarirs. It's an entrepreneurship forum...interesting to see what people's tastes are and the cool rides some may have gotten through it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
I drive a car and I like it. Why the F*ck does this matter? The wealthiest people in the world dont drive -- they are driven. This is irrelevant question as everybody views cars differently.

Take a chill pill... dont like the question then move on to the next ... no-one forced u to answer a question you obviously got no interest in ... And ofcourse WE all know that everyone views cars differently which is why this is a forum ...people share their different interests and we all relate and get a better understanding of people individually through the cars they have been through.

p.s. Yes the wealthiest of people do drive, not everyone likes to be in the backseat ... Most likes to be in control and ofcourse some likes the thrill of a 700hp beast at their fingertips :fastlane:

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Is that some kind of special 458? I have seen more than 6 just in the RDU area.

Spider and white. And the only one with Iroko interior color. ;)

av1atic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 3, 2012
Just picked this up a couple weeks ago

3aMXRuQ.jpg

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Resurrection time! I am driving a compact 2007 1.2 sxi Opel Corsa. It's a lovely little car for a guy who has just passed a driving test lol. Nothing special, but coming from a poor family background I am reasonably happy with it for now!
100_0471.jpg

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I drive a 2008 Hyundai Elantra.

Got it new in 2008. Drove it around 76k miles so far.

No car payments so I'm keeping this until it dies haha.

I'd recommend Hyundai's. No major problems. Just basic maintenance.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Some people can learn by reading books, or by listening to podcasts... heck, they can even learn by watching other people make mistakes.

Me? Nah. I gotta suffer. I have to really know that I've f*cked up, and feel the immense weight of my piss poor decisions sitting on me like Rosie O'Donnell after a trip to the all you can eat seafood buffet.

My car? Glad you asked. It's a pearl white 2013 Subaru STi - bought new, right off the lot with only 17 miles (after my 6 mile test drive).

The ultimate in hoonery.

Complete with an aggressive hood scoop and spoiler as large as the outdoors to let everyone know I will tear a$$ all over their city.

I bought this right out of grad school upon getting my job at Intel - because no major life event should pass without accumulating significant and anxiety inducing debt.

Oh you've got 55k in student loans? How's about another 45k for a car.

I even rolled the negative equity from my Kia Rio5 hatchback into it. Savvy.

3 and a half years of pain, shelling out $685.36 a month with a big honking $19,000 payment after selling my house, and it's all mine. A testament to either my ability to be swayed by my idiot sidewalking tendencies, or to learn from my mistakes and blossom into a better version of myself.

Only time will tell.

For now, I gotta go tear a$$ all over Tempe and let the students know that this 35 year old is awesome-as-F*ck.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Some people can learn by reading books, or by listening to podcasts... heck, they can even learn by watching other people make mistakes.

Me? Nah. I gotta suffer. I have to really know that I've f*cked up, and feel the immense weight of my piss poor decisions sitting on me like Rosie O'Donnell after a trip to the all you can eat seafood buffet.

My car? Glad you asked. It's a pearl white 2013 Subaru STi - bought new, right off the lot with only 17 miles (after my 6 mile test drive).

The ultimate in hoonery.

Complete with an aggressive hood scoop and spoiler as large as the outdoors to let everyone know I will tear a$$ all over their city.

I bought this right out of grad school upon getting my job at Intel - because no major life event should pass without accumulating significant and anxiety inducing debt.

3 and a half years of pain, shelling out $685.36 a month with a big honking $19,000 payment after selling my house, and it's all mine. A testament to either my ability to be swayed by my idiot sidewalking tendencies, or to learn from my mistakes and blossom into a better version of myself.

Only time will tell.

For now, I gotta go tear a$$ all over Tempe and let the students know that this 35 year old is awesome-as-F*ck.
This is hilarious

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
20160406_181537.jpg

Just upgraded from a really old Kia. Nothing too fancy but a 2013 Audi A6 3.0 Suprercharged... I got it used with just 7k miles on it for less than half what the original guy paid new and that still included all oil changes, maintenance, service, loaners, etc till 100k miles ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
4ka.jpg

VAZ 2104! You guys don't know LIFE! After owning and driving this car for half a year you would successfully pass the electrician, mechanic, and a firefighter exam.

It's been 2 months and I've experienced:
  • Wheels blowing up
  • Gears not shifting
  • Engine living it's own life
  • Exhaust pipe falling off
  • Doors not opening (sometimes won't close too)
  • Catching fire
It's still alive, and so am I, just grew some iron balls and patience...

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
I'm currently driving a Mercedes!

Admittedly it is 10 years old and has done nearly 124,000 miles, but I love it. It's the most reliable and comfortable car I've ever owned and I'll be disappointed if I don't get over 200,000 miles from it.

Edit - It looks a lot like this:
http://www.carwallpapers.ru/wp/merc...es-Benz-C32-AMG-Estate-w203-1920x1080-002.jpg

but not the AMG one. I do have an AMG keyring though :D

Last edited:

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
2008 Camry, 4 cylinder. I stay on top of the maintenance to prevent surprises down the road, and it takes good care of me. I'll drive it 'till the wheels fall off.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I roll in an 05 Camry and a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis. The Mercury looks kind of like a Crown Vic, so at night when I come up behind people and all they can see is the shape of the headlights everybody freakin slows down. At first it made me feel like a boss. After 3 years of driving the car, it basically just puts me into road rage.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

The ultimate in hoonery.

Only time will tell.

Haha. Great story. Thanks for sharing. You write really well!

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
smll.JPG
[HASHTAG]#teamaudi[/HASHTAG] like @steelandchrome

went from A5 to S5 ..prob get rid of it next year for somethin else

conquer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Apr 30, 2016
2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ

Cheap to maintain
Decent mpg
Good handling in the snow
They can go up to 200k miles with proper care

2012-chevrolet-impala-rosenberg-tx-i1197706141998582462-2.jpg

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"What's your car?"

2006 Toyota Corrolla

"Are you happy with it?"

I love it. 208k kms. Bought for €3k cash two years ago. Probably worth €2k now.

I love it because it represents a smarter me, one who looks at nice cars every now and then, but resists the temptation to take out a loan because I know I don't "need" a new car.

I'd rather spend the monthly repayment on outsourcing tasks to free up time.

If I had the cash I'd spend it on the house or my parents' house.

My car symbolises a conscious choice to not get into debt for the wrong reasons.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
First off, she's not for sale so put your wallets up boys. I introduce to you, the Hotty Toddy:

20161118_111034.jpg

What front fender dent, man? Can't even see it now:

20161118_111041.jpg

Fastlane? You bet. Paint was probably screaming as it had to let go.

20161118_111052.jpg

Fastlane much? Oh yeah. That's 309,138.2 for those that don't have see through dirt-vision.

20161118_111112.jpg

Had to put this baby on a 1 payment plan. $1,700.00 And yes, that's american dollars.

Sorry for all this eye candy in one post but you asked...

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
My car symbolises a conscious choice to not to get into debt for the wrong reasons.

Exactly. Unfortunately I learned to keep that to myself by putting foot in mouth.

Co-worker: Why do you drive such a shitbucket?

Me: You'd have to be a dumbass to put a couple hundred bucks a month into something that generates no income and depreciates by the second

When I realized my internal monologue spilled out like so much verbal diarrhea, I tried to recover, but there was no having it. Now when people ask I just pretend like I'm broke. People are weirdly less critical at the idea that I'm 30 and still broke than the idea that I might not waste my money. Strange.

I think the people that work for me in my 9-5 think I've got a gambling problem or a ton of debt or something. They're definitely aware that they drive nicer cars than I do.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Exactly. Unfortunately I learned to keep that to myself by putting foot in mouth.

Co-worker: Why do you drive such a shitbucket?

Me: You'd have to be a dumbass to put a couple hundred bucks a month into something that generates no income and depreciates by the second

When I realized my internal monologue spilled out like so much verbal diarrhea, I tried to recover, but there was no having it. Now when people ask I just pretend like I'm broke. People are weirdly less critical at the idea that I'm 30 and still broke than the idea that I might not waste my money. Strange.
Haha. Doh!

EDIT: Oops. We've probably just done that now to a few forum members.

I'd get a loan and a newer car if/when this one starts playing up.

My wife drives a reasonable distance on a motorway to work four days a week. We keep her car newer for peace of mind. That one has a loan attached.

If I spend a lot of time driving to client or prospect sites, then I'd consider getting a loan to get something a bit newer.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
"What's your car?"

2006 Toyota Corrolla

"Are you happy with it?"

I love it. 208k kms. Bought for €3k cash two years ago. Probably worth €2k now.

I love it because it represents a smarter me, one who looks at nice cars every now and then, but resists the temptation to take out a loan because I know I don't "need" a new car.

I'd rather spend the monthly repayment on outsourcing tasks to free up time.

If I had the cash I'd spend it on the house or my parents' house.

My car symbolises a conscious choice to not get into debt for the wrong reasons.

This is what I think in the back of my head ,but the need for speed always takes over :headbanger: ...
Hopefully next year ill either get a cheap cash car,

or something ive always wanted...audi r8/s7/rs7

its so hard to do the right thing when the wrong thing is fun:embarrased: lol even though i know at the end of the day its just stuff..

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Just got this bad boy on Craigslist this week. It has a kid seat on the back now so I can take my toddler to playgrounds/library.

I really despise driving, and try to do as little of it as possible.

ad04d48e32f2f3bf60b9d77fa10339de.png

My wife has a 2009 Nissan Versa that she drives to work. Nice little car, price was right.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal

Please SEARCH before posting.