The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you drive?

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
This was me in my 1980 Luke BP (backpack), Model S (Skywalker Edition). Had about 3 billion light years on it when I traded it in.

ImageKermitYoda080811-thumb-550x670-68165.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Haha. Doh!

EDIT: Oops. We've probably just done that now to a few forum members.

I'd get a loan and a newer car if/when this one starts playing up.

My wife drives a reasonable distance on a motorway to work four days a week. We keep her car newer for peace of mind. That one has a loan attached.

If I spend a lot of time driving to client or prospect sites, then I'd consider getting a loan to get something a bit newer.

Not at all judgmental of someone that has a car note. Perhaps to add context I should point out that the dude in question was making 40k/yr and had just purchased a brand new Ford Mustang... and calling my car a shitbucket.

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
Honda Civic 2005 90K Miles... will probably change it next year, so far so good though with the car... put around 2K in maintenance but the big spending is coming so that`s why I'm gonna change it and take a lease.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
This is my car, '05 Cadillac STS. Bought it in 2012 after I got back from Japan, paid it off two years later before I finished active duty.

My first and only car.

We just went through a great blizzard here this morning/afternoon, so here's a shot from the front porch. Photo was taken 2 minutes ago for this thread.

JIA7C9x.jpg

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
View attachment 5247
Some of my old stuff. 10 second street Chevelle small block. Wanna Runum?

Currently drive 2007 Jetta, 2002 Hyundai Accent(34 mpg, even so - still junk), 2004 GMC HD2500

Update: the Jetta met a tree and the Accent lost the trans. The GMC is still getting it done.
Upgraded to 2012 Versa and 2014 Accord
20150206_172322.jpeg

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Bought a 2016 impala ltz about two weeks ago! Love it. It was a rental fleet car got it for a good bit off sticker price and a longer warranty than most new cars.

I drive a lot per day 60-80 miles and enjoy driving so the note I do pay is worth it.

Picture from internet same color

109021882.jpg

LauraLou

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 7, 2016
Bristol, UK
I've got a 16 year old Vauxhall/Opel Corsa Sport (the sport is very important!)

I'm incredibly happy with her, she's like my child. Great fun to drive; she's infinitely smaller than the ridiculously huge cars driving around today so I can always find a parking space that normal cars can't fit in to; and because she was the top end Corsa in 2000 she's got all the standard stuff for today's cars (electric windows, heated wing mirrors etc) which wasn't standard back in the day.

Only complaint is that because I used to live by the sea she's incredibly rusty, which costs a lot to get sorted every year during the MOT :(

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Just bought a second Ford F350 6.0L diesel for my company... they're great trucks! We need them to carry trailers with stone and other heavy materials - so they get used - but once you get used to driving a big truck, it's hard to go back to a car... I also had somebody total one of my F350's on a highway last year, and I walked away shaken but fine... the person who hit me went to the hospital. So that's a reassuring feeling too! haha

IMG_2994 2.jpeg

We're going to match the second truck to basically be the same as the first.... my Uncle taught me how to do body work and paint, so it's not a professional job, but for $300 in materials I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

IMG_2105 2.jpeg

IMG_2120 2.jpeg

We're going to get some vinyl on our trucks soon and we're looking at doing something like this... feedback welcome!

Truck Idea Side.jpeg

We also tune & monitor these trucks.... especially important for a diesel to know what's going on under the hood to prevent massive repair bills.

IMG_3162 2.jpeg
My winter ride last year... bought this car before I ever learned how to drive standard haha.

IMG_1173.jpg

Also bought a used motorbike this spring... unfortunately, that didn't work out so well :( turns out the frame was seriously bent!

IMG_1831 2.jpeg

I probably pay too much attention and money for vehicles, but I love them. haha

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
First car was the first 2nd Gen GS300 in the picture, it kept getting hit, so after maybe 6 7 wrecks I parted ways with it. Took me forever to let it go because it was my first car which I paid in full at 19. I was proud of it lol. Plus I had quite a few mods on it. Was car-less for a while.

I then got a Jaguar S-type (got it for dirt cheap but it was the biggest POS ever), the transmission ended up going out so sold it.

Then got a another 2nd Gen GS. It got hit a week from the back after a week of ownership, and then it got T-boned.

After that I got a silver 2GS. Some idiot hit that and ran.

Now I'm back to another GS, this time it's the same color as my first one. So basically back into what I had 10 years ago lol.
GbYOAeX.jpg

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
a suzuki vitara 1996 model.
i bought it one year ago and i use it for my businesses because i move with it and a trailer my beehives in various mountain locations.
ff vitara.jpg ff vit2.jpg

i also have a mazda 3 2004 model and a honda supra 1999 .

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016
I'm the proud owner of a 2006 Ford Focus Diesel. Solid car with like 140k miles.

However I am super focused on buying a 10y+ old Porsche Cayenne in the next few months.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Ford Ka 2007 in white for about 1,5 years now. Ugly and slow piece of shit. 2,5k€. Before that I had the same car in red but 10 years older (1998) and for only 500€, which fell apart after 2-3 years of driving it. See how long this one lasts. Now and then I'm thinking about leasing a nice car through my business but so far I have resisted. Will move to bigger city soon and mostly use cabs anyway..

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
I have a fantastic Fiat Punto with 23k km :)

I'm still not interested in owning a super car. I Just need to have a vehicle, the rest are useless expenses! :)

G

Guest3722A

1993 f150 127,000. Supposed to be good for around 250. Basically I did what amounts to trading my Wrangler for it. Bought a piece of land zoned agriculture and getting ready to build it out, a truck was needed. It's fun too. Has the old mustang .302 5.0 in it.

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
CBR 600rr ( paid full by myself) and 2013 genesis sedan my mom just passed down to me a week ago ( sponsored by mommy and daddy), definitely selling it soon to get a used ram 1500, I just need something to haul my stand up jet ski around.

Attachments

• DSC_0736.JPG
    DSC_0736.JPG
    966.9 KB · Views: 15
  • hyundai-genesis-seda-9_600x0w.jpg
    hyundai-genesis-seda-9_600x0w.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
This was me in my 1980 Luke BP (backpack), Model S (Skywalker Edition). Had about 3 billion light years on it when I traded it in.

ImageKermitYoda080811-thumb-550x670-68165.jpg
bahahaha that's hilarious

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Well, I drive a machine unlike any other. When you see me on the street, I roll up in a baby blue 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass. With an incredible towing capacity of 1,000 pounds and fuel efficiency clocking in at 25 miles per gallon, I have to practically beat the women back with a stick with all of the ladies that I get with this powerhouse of a car.

Attachments

• car.PNG
    car.PNG
    642.4 KB · Views: 14

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Uber and Taxify are my carriage of choice.

Of course my commute is about 5 meters unless you include the coffee shop downstairs.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
No Lambos, ferrari, fastlaners?
This thread should be a good lesson for you and others similarly minded.

Successful entrepreneurs don't always blow their cash on toys.

Most are quite frugal with their money and invest it wisely.

Compounding wealth has a fantastic side benefit - tranquillity.

Buying a $100-300k car is counter to wealth building for most.

At 10% annualized return that is $10-30k of wealth building.

Personally I'd rather spend my cash on experiences than cars.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
CBR 600rr ( paid full by myself) and 2013 genesis sedan my mom just passed down to me a week ago ( sponsored by mommy and daddy), definitely selling it soon to get a used ram 1500, I just need something to haul my stand up jet ski around.

rad dudes hitch hauler! What do you ride?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Rep+, this is spot on. Also, does uber do segways yet so you can travel easier downstairs to that coffee shop?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nice!

The first bike in my avatar was a mate's CBR600RR. Mine was the ZX7R. That was a trip to the South of France.

One day I went up and down a mountain on his and got off and just stared at it speechless. All I could say for about 5 minutes was "F*ck. F*****ck!!! Like... What.The.F****ck."

Mind = Blown

Ahhh... them were the days...

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
rad dudes hitch hauler! What do you ride?
I have a js550, 300sx, and 650sx( the ski i ride the most) I love everything about the vintage part of the sport, once I get enough $ im going to look into a new superjet or possibly the 2017 sxr

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain

I think it all comes down to how successful of an entrepreneur you really are and how much wealth you actually have. If buying a lambo represents 50% of your wealth it´s a stupid move, don´t do it.

If you have some solid streams of income and enough money that the cost of a lambo only stands for 1% of your wealth, why not? Buy it, have a blast and enjoy yourself.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I think it all comes down to how successful of an entrepreneur you really are and how much wealth you actually have. If buying a lambo represents 50% of your wealth it´s a stupid move, don´t do it.

If you have some solid streams of income and enough money that the cost of a lambo only stands for 1% of your wealth, why not? Buy it, have a blast and enjoy yourself.

I know many HNW people that dont have high end cars. It is not about how much wealth you have, it's about priorities.

Even MJ drives a Toyota.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!