The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

VinnieJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 10, 2021
Netherlands
Hey Walter,

I've been importing products from China - Alibaba for about a year now (only 4 different kind of products so far)

Since I'm in the process now of starting out a actually brand I am really keen to learn more about sourcing and importing so I can source products time efficiently, as I am still wasting too much time looking for good suppliers...

I know the basic principles of sourcing

Would you still recommend your book to someone who has a little experience in the field?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hey Walter,

I've been importing products from China - Alibaba for about a year now (only 4 different kind of products so far)

Since I'm in the process now of starting out a actually brand I am really keen to learn more about sourcing and importing so I can source products time efficiently, as I am still wasting too much time looking for good suppliers...

I know the basic principles of sourcing

Would you still recommend your book to someone who has a little experience in the field?
Although Alibaba make it relatively easy to source products, their system also generates risks, mainly due to their "verification" system being very inadequate, and their Trade Assurance scheme is mostly smoke and mirrors.

My first rule if sourcing on Alibaba is to not believe everything you read there - in fact you can't safely believe much at all.

In my sourcing and importing book, you will find extensive coverage of safe product sourcing, and how to protect yourself by using due diligence.

Here is a short extract from the book:
"The majority of B2B sites such as Alibaba, GlobalSources etc., offering goods from a large number of manufacturers, agents, and wholesalers, do not properly screen the businesses that offer goods for sale on their sites. Most claim to verify suppliers, but the screening performed by almost all of those sites is completely inadequate.

On most of these web portals, you will find the majority of suppliers claim to be manufacturers, but in reality, few of them are genuine manufacturers. The “verification” processes conducted usually involve inspecting the business licences, although it is common knowledge among those who have genuine experience in sourcing from China that forging of all kinds of certificates is endemic. See Chapter 29 Certificates.

Another major flaw in the verification process is that when a business in China is registered, they have to list the business scope. They try to make it all-encompassing, so they include “manufacturing”. As a result when the inspectors see that word they identify them in their report as manufacturers. Very few companies actually go on to do any manufacturing."

In answer to your question, Yes the huge volume of testimonials I receive shows how important it is to get the facts. One Fastlane member wrote: "You have saved me $3,000". You can read many testimonials on the site: Proven Global Sourcing - Proven Global Sourcing. They can all be proven.

You can buy direct from that site, or from my marketplace offer where members get a discount. Click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Scroll down page 1 to see the full contents list.

Walter

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
Hello Walter,

I am in a B2B that concern the engineering industry, heavy machines in the HVACR field.

Due to a lack of time, I just skimmed through your marketplace and your gold thread.

From what I noticed the majority of the questions where about product direct to consumers e-commerce stuff.

(I am probably wrong but I want to ask to be sure).

Does your book target ways to find suppliers in heavy industries such as HVACR engineering?

(We were depending on live forums (direct meeting) to find suppliers, which is really difficult to do nowadays).

Thanks in advance for your response.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hello Walter,

I am in a B2B that concern the engineering industry, heavy machines in the HVACR field.

Due to a lack of time, I just skimmed through your marketplace and your gold thread.

From what I noticed the majority of the questions where about product direct to consumers e-commerce stuff.

(I am probably wrong but I want to ask to be sure).

Does your book target ways to find suppliers in heavy industries such as HVACR engineering?

(We were depending on live forums (direct meeting) to find suppliers, which is really difficult to do nowadays).

Thanks in advance for your response.
See my PM. I have no doubt that with the information provided in my book you will be able to find what you are looking for. If you need help PM me.

Walter

Last edited:

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
Thanks Walter for your reply,

I would like to ask you some questions about your books.
Is the 3-books bundle still priced at $169?
ImagemodeUK@Yahoo.co.uk is still the right Paypal account?
I'm still on the fence, because I believe the Proven Global sourcing edition 2021 (which I think will be more adequate to the crazy time where living right now) is still not out there (no official post from you).
Will I be able to get an upgrade for free, if I buy the current version or should I wait?

Thank you again for your help

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks Walter for your reply,

I would like to ask you some questions about your books.
Is the 3-books bundle still priced at $169?
ImagemodeUK@Yahoo.co.uk is still the right Paypal account?
I'm still on the fence, because I believe the Proven Global sourcing edition 2021 (which I think will be more adequate to the crazy time where living right now) is still not out there (no official post from you).
Will I be able to get an upgrade for free, if I buy the current version or should I wait?

Thank you again for your help
Yes that bundle deal is still available and the PayPal account is correct. If you buy the bundle it will include the very latest edition published in January 2021.

I did announce the publication of the 2021 edition in this thread:

15th Edition of PROVENGLOBALSOURCING

My book was first published in 2003 as ProvenChinaSourcing, and a few years ago I substantially increased its scope to cover almost every country that manufactures and exports products.

The products that can now be found include almost anything you can imagine, with at least 40 countries now being accessible.

Walter

Oh Shift!

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Thanks @Walter Hay. Appreciate getting the revised books with no additional cost but what I appreciate more is the support that you provide to your readers. I personally wanted to contact a certain company for an idea / invention. Walter took the the time to dig into it and gave his opinion and recommended a better one. The idea didn't go through but I am still on the look out for the next product and good thing that I have reliable resources on hand to see if I can source it.

themarkboogie

Mamba Mentality
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Oct 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Made it through Proven Global Sourcing and hoping to check out Labels That Exploit soon.

As I'm still very early in my sourcing journey, I can't comment much on its impact on my business, but I can say this book is extensive. In my eyes, you're pretty much paying $100 to get up to speed on everything sourcing - the basics, guidelines, websites to use, due diligence to perform, cultural differences between countries, etc.

As the subject can be confusing for an outsider, I think this is incredibly valuable. Probably worth much more than $100. It's hard to know what you don't know when it comes to a topic like sourcing.

So if you're like me, and had no idea where to start with sourcing, I highly recommend picking up this book.

Thanks, Walter.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi Walter

I have your sourcing book 2019 edition
Is there been any updates?
I have just finished my GROUNDBREAKING edition for 2022. It is being formatted and will be available within a week.

Why Groundbreaking? It is because after a growing number of requests I have included a chapter with detailed instructions on how to start a B2B import/export agency. This chapter explains how such an agency works, with instructions for safety and security when handling the financial transactions involved.

There are too many amateur gurus now selling expensive courses on the subject and this chapter at no added cost is not only groundbreaking but a massive cost saver for those interested in an import.export business.

Walter

HenryTheGreat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Apr 11, 2018
I have just finished my GROUNDBREAKING edition for 2022. It is being formatted and will be available within a week.

Why Groundbreaking? It is because after a growing number of requests I have included a chapter with detailed instructions on how to start a B2B import/export agency. This chapter explains how such an agency works, with instructions for safety and security when handling the financial transactions involved.

There are too many amateur gurus now selling expensive courses on the subject and this chapter at no added cost is not only groundbreaking but a massive cost saver for those interested in an import.export business.

Walter
Thanks for info. Do you still provide free updates?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Racks95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 10, 2019
No, the 2019 version is a major revision, now called Proven Global Sourcing. Here are the major changes:
Listing 41 genuine B2B sites worldwide, including those in China.
Extended information on cultural differences, including Vietnam.
Hints on searching.
Hints on due diligence.
A worldwide DIY Trademark checking site link.
Potential cost saving notes regarding FCL and LCL.
Understanding Chinese business names.
Comments on freight forwarders listed on Alibaba.
Latest De Mimimis values resulting from global trade changes.

Many sections will appear unchanged, but updates have been included in many of the old chapters.

If you only have the older version: "Import Direct From China and Many Other Countries 4.0" let me know via PM and I will send the new one to you.

The franchising book is available here on this Marketplace offer. Scroll down from

No, the 2019 version is a major revision, now called Proven Global Sourcing. Here are the major changes:
Listing 41 genuine B2B sites worldwide, including those in China.
Extended information on cultural differences, including Vietnam.
Hints on searching.
Hints on due diligence.
A worldwide DIY Trademark checking site link.
Potential cost saving notes regarding FCL and LCL.
Understanding Chinese business names.
Comments on freight forwarders listed on Alibaba.
Latest De Mimimis values resulting from global trade changes.

Many sections will appear unchanged, but updates have been included in many of the old chapters.

If you only have the older version: "Import Direct From China and Many Other Countries 4.0" let me know via PM and I will send the new one to you.

The franchising book is available here on this Marketplace offer. Scroll down from the top.

Walter
Thanks for posting. I AM NEW and still figuring out how to navigate the forum. Please message me as to where I can buy your books.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Walter Hay just sent the PayPal for your bundle. I have a feeling your books are going to answer many of my questions.
Thanks. You will find the books in your inbox. Don't hesitate to ask me for help. If your questions are confidential, send them to me privately.

Walter
P.S. I am working on a comprehensive update and expansion of my Labels That Exploit book, and as is the case with all of my books, updates are provided free of charge. I will be announcing the publishing of this update as soon as it is completed.

GeoCore

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 31, 2022
Hi Walter,

I will be purchasing Proven Global Sourcing 2022, I just had a question on the fastlane offer. I noticed on your website walterhaysbusinessbooks.com Proven Global Sourcing is listed as $117, but in your marketplace post, the price is listed as $129. Do I need to send $129 to ImagemodeUK@yahoo.co.uk to get the unlimited support offer, and not buy through the website at a lower price?

Thanks

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi Walter,

I will be purchasing Proven Global Sourcing 2022, I just had a question on the fastlane offer. I noticed on your website walterhaysbusinessbooks.com Proven Global Sourcing is listed as $117, but in your marketplace post, the price is listed as $129. Do I need to send $129 to ImagemodeUK@yahoo.co.uk to get the unlimited support offer, and not buy through the website at a lower price?

Thanks
No, you only need pay the $117, and that will include unlimited support. The prices listed on walterhaysbusinessbooks.com are obsolete, but I will honor the support offer for anyone who buys on that site.
One of these days I will learn how to change the prices on my site.:inpain:

Walter

GeoCore

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 31, 2022
No, you only need pay the $117, and that will include unlimited support. The prices listed on walterhaysbusinessbooks.com are obsolete, but I will honor the support offer for anyone who buys on that site.
One of these days I will learn how to change the prices on my site.:inpain:

Walter

I purchased Proven Global Sourcing through your website this morning because PayPal offered me a discount that way for some reason. I received a copy of the 2019 5.0-2 version in my inbox. I assume I just have to wait 48 hours to get the 2022 version?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I purchased Proven Global Sourcing through your website this morning because PayPal offered me a discount that way for some reason. I received a copy of the 2019 5.0-2 version in my inbox. I assume I just have to wait 48 hours to get the 2022 version?
Hi,

I am sorry that PayPal have messed up. I have attached a copy of the 2022 revision which I am sure you will find very helpful.

Let me know if you need help any time. A review would be appreciated, and I think the best place would be on my Marketplace thread.

Regards,
Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
ANNOUNCEMENT: 2023 revision of PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING IS NOW AVAILABLE.
Those who have purchased previous editions please send details of your purchase via DM and I will send a free copy.

Those who want to purchase a copy please go to Page 1 of this thread to see more details.

Most significant point to note: I have included in this edition my personal email address for contacting me regarding any support needed.

Walter

PRICE LIST UPDATE

PRICE LIST

The price list now reflects the massive value of the 2023 edition of PROVENGLOBALSOURCING as well as the unlimited support that I provide. This edition contains my personal direct support email address.

It is now substantially enlarged, running to 124 pages.

Bought individually from this Marketplace Offer direct through ImagemodeUK - see below.

PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING. $129
EXPLOIT THE POWER OF PSYCHOLOGY, PERSUASION AND EMOTIONS...... $110
FRANCHISE YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE. $110
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bought as a bundle direct through ImagemodeUK, all discounted.

PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING. + EXPLOIT THE POWER OF PSYCHOLOGY. $225
PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING + FRANCHISE YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE $199 All three, including FRANCHISE YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE. $275

Marketplace sales are handled for me by ImagemodeUK. Payment should be made using your PayPal account and paid to the PayPal UK account name imagemodeUK@yahoo.co.uk Note: This is the account name, not an email address. Within 48 hours of notification from PayPal, PDF versions of the books will be sent by ImagemodeUK to the email address you used when making payment. If using Hotmail, please check your Spam folder.
A full refund will be given to any purchaser on request without question, although I would appreciate any feedback whether positive or negative.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING MY UNIQUE SUPPORT OFFER which is covered by my prices: I provide unlimited ongoing support. Should you have any questions regarding the processes described in any of my books, please contact me via the direct support email address extempus@yahoo.com, or DM, or if not confidential, post on my AMA.

Wishing you all success
Walter

Last edited:

mikeobi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 4, 2015
California
HI Walter

I've been meaning to get an updated version of your book but it seems my DMs aren't going through.

aboutkaizen

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2022
Philippines
ANNOUNCEMENT: 2023 revision of PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING IS NOW AVAILABLE.
Those who have purchased previous editions please send details of your purchase via DM and I will send a free copy.

Those who want to purchase a copy please go to Page 1 of this thread to see more details.

Most significant point to note: I have included in this edition my personal email address for contacting me regarding any support needed.

Walter

PRICE LIST UPDATE

PRICE LIST

The price list now reflects the massive value of the 2023 edition of PROVENGLOBALSOURCING as well as the unlimited support that I provide. This edition contains my personal direct support email address.

It is now substantially enlarged, running to 124 pages.

Bought individually from this Marketplace Offer direct through ImagemodeUK - see below.

PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING. $129
EXPLOIT THE POWER OF PSYCHOLOGY, PERSUASION AND EMOTIONS...... $110
FRANCHISE YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE. $110
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bought as a bundle direct through ImagemodeUK, all discounted.

PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING. + EXPLOIT THE POWER OF PSYCHOLOGY. $225
PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING + FRANCHISE YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE $199 All three, including FRANCHISE YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE. $275

Marketplace sales are handled for me by ImagemodeUK. Payment should be made using your PayPal account and paid to the PayPal UK account name imagemodeUK@yahoo.co.uk Note: This is the account name, not an email address. Within 48 hours of notification from PayPal, PDF versions of the books will be sent by ImagemodeUK to the email address you used when making payment. If using Hotmail, please check your Spam folder.
A full refund will be given to any purchaser on request without question, although I would appreciate any feedback whether positive or negative.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING MY UNIQUE SUPPORT OFFER which is covered by my prices: I provide unlimited ongoing support. Should you have any questions regarding the processes described in any of my books, please contact me via the direct support email address extempus@yahoo.com, or DM, or if not confidential, post on my AMA.

Wishing you all success
Walter
Hi Walter! I just have a question. Do the strategies and lessons in this book "PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING" apply even if you're in a third-world country like the Philippines? Thanks

sunnynaz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 10, 2018
Hey Walter! I bought the global sourcing book back in 2020, Can i get the updated version?Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 9.32.58 PM.png

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
If you have bought one or all of Walter's books, please DM me as I am helping distribute Walter's books as he is taking a bit of a hiatus. If you need an updated copy, you can also DM me. Once you provide a screenshot of the invoice of your purchase from Walter's store through his PayPal, I will send over a copy of the purchased book.

The method of payment has not changed. Only the method of distribution.

Future Edit: After some reflection, I want to disclaim that I am not associated with nor employed by Walter Hay. I do not wish to facilitate any future transactions because it is not my place.

Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
HI Walter

I've been meaning to get an updated version of your book but it seems my DMs aren't going through.
If you have not obtained your updated copy, please DM me.
Hi Walter! I just have a question. Do the strategies and lessons in this book "PROVEN GLOBAL SOURCING" apply even if you're in a third-world country like the Philippines? Thanks
Yes, Walters's book and his methods can apply to any person in any country. Each country has its own rules and regulations for importing but the method of sourcing products is universal.

Hey Walter! I bought the global sourcing book back in 2020, Can i get the updated version?
DM your email address. I can send you an updated copy.

PaulD2023

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 9, 2021
UK
Hi Walter,
Very interested in your book, just as a side note do you offer an audio version?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.