The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

VinnieJones

New Contributor
Mar 10, 2021
Netherlands
Hey Walter,

I've been importing products from China - Alibaba for about a year now (only 4 different kind of products so far)

Since I'm in the process now of starting out a actually brand I am really keen to learn more about sourcing and importing so I can source products time efficiently, as I am still wasting too much time looking for good suppliers...

I know the basic principles of sourcing

Would you still recommend your book to someone who has a little experience in the field?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hey Walter,

I've been importing products from China - Alibaba for about a year now (only 4 different kind of products so far)

Since I'm in the process now of starting out a actually brand I am really keen to learn more about sourcing and importing so I can source products time efficiently, as I am still wasting too much time looking for good suppliers...

I know the basic principles of sourcing

Would you still recommend your book to someone who has a little experience in the field?
Although Alibaba make it relatively easy to source products, their system also generates risks, mainly due to their "verification" system being very inadequate, and their Trade Assurance scheme is mostly smoke and mirrors.

My first rule if sourcing on Alibaba is to not believe everything you read there - in fact you can't safely believe much at all.

In my sourcing and importing book, you will find extensive coverage of safe product sourcing, and how to protect yourself by using due diligence.

Here is a short extract from the book:
"The majority of B2B sites such as Alibaba, GlobalSources etc., offering goods from a large number of manufacturers, agents, and wholesalers, do not properly screen the businesses that offer goods for sale on their sites. Most claim to verify suppliers, but the screening performed by almost all of those sites is completely inadequate.

On most of these web portals, you will find the majority of suppliers claim to be manufacturers, but in reality, few of them are genuine manufacturers. The “verification” processes conducted usually involve inspecting the business licences, although it is common knowledge among those who have genuine experience in sourcing from China that forging of all kinds of certificates is endemic. See Chapter 29 Certificates.

Another major flaw in the verification process is that when a business in China is registered, they have to list the business scope. They try to make it all-encompassing, so they include “manufacturing”. As a result when the inspectors see that word they identify them in their report as manufacturers. Very few companies actually go on to do any manufacturing."

In answer to your question, Yes the huge volume of testimonials I receive shows how important it is to get the facts. One Fastlane member wrote: "You have saved me $3,000". You can read many testimonials on the site: Proven Global Sourcing - Proven Global Sourcing. They can all be proven.

You can buy direct from that site, or from my marketplace offer where members get a discount. Click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Scroll down page 1 to see the full contents list.

Walter

Togata

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 22, 2021
Hello Walter,

I am in a B2B that concern the engineering industry, heavy machines in the HVACR field.

Due to a lack of time, I just skimmed through your marketplace and your gold thread.

From what I noticed the majority of the questions where about product direct to consumers e-commerce stuff.

(I am probably wrong but I want to ask to be sure).

Does your book target ways to find suppliers in heavy industries such as HVACR engineering?

(We were depending on live forums (direct meeting) to find suppliers, which is really difficult to do nowadays).

Thanks in advance for your response.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hello Walter,

I am in a B2B that concern the engineering industry, heavy machines in the HVACR field.

Due to a lack of time, I just skimmed through your marketplace and your gold thread.

From what I noticed the majority of the questions where about product direct to consumers e-commerce stuff.

(I am probably wrong but I want to ask to be sure).

Does your book target ways to find suppliers in heavy industries such as HVACR engineering?

(We were depending on live forums (direct meeting) to find suppliers, which is really difficult to do nowadays).

Thanks in advance for your response.
See my PM. I have no doubt that with the information provided in my book you will be able to find what you are looking for. If you need help PM me.

Walter

Last edited:

Togata

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 22, 2021
Thanks Walter for your reply,

I would like to ask you some questions about your books.
Is the 3-books bundle still priced at $169?
ImagemodeUK@Yahoo.co.uk is still the right Paypal account?
I'm still on the fence, because I believe the Proven Global sourcing edition 2021 (which I think will be more adequate to the crazy time where living right now) is still not out there (no official post from you).
Will I be able to get an upgrade for free, if I buy the current version or should I wait?

Thank you again for your help

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks Walter for your reply,

I would like to ask you some questions about your books.
Is the 3-books bundle still priced at $169?
ImagemodeUK@Yahoo.co.uk is still the right Paypal account?
I'm still on the fence, because I believe the Proven Global sourcing edition 2021 (which I think will be more adequate to the crazy time where living right now) is still not out there (no official post from you).
Will I be able to get an upgrade for free, if I buy the current version or should I wait?

Thank you again for your help
Yes that bundle deal is still available and the PayPal account is correct. If you buy the bundle it will include the very latest edition published in January 2021.

I did announce the publication of the 2021 edition in this thread:

15th Edition of PROVENGLOBALSOURCING

My book was first published in 2003 as ProvenChinaSourcing, and a few years ago I substantially increased its scope to cover almost every country that manufactures and exports products.

The products that can now be found include almost anything you can imagine, with at least 40 countries now being accessible.

Walter

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads