The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Valuable ICT knowledge/education.

Liber-B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 29, 2018
The Netherlands
At my work I may have the opportunity to get an education/learnig course. I know this is slowlane but as I dont have a good worked out plan yet I can't quit my job. My going-entrepeneur-thoughts are as young as max 2 months in which I read TMF and unscripted and listened to ''the miracle morning''. Besides that gathered some plans/posiblilties etc. Enough of explaining, back to question....
(This education or learning course I could get does not have to got me stuck at my job, no obligations so far).
My thought; This could give me a opportunity to learn something with a free provided course and maybe even payed free time to learn. So I was thinking about some kind of ICT course. My question here is; What is a good course to learn about ICT which is the most valuable for a entrepeneur (and is also valuable in the ICT-world but thats prio 2). For instance, I allready have some web based business idea's which need some web building knowledge. And maybe a app which supports the website (or vice versa) I don't need very specific info like take that course at that school or something but more like; learn this type of coding, learn about java, learn about.... Then I search for learning courses.
Allready thanks for reading and maybe replying!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Find a mentor in the space of "ICT". Present some proof of your own hobby projects and therefore genuine interest, find out their hobby/interest and present them a gift related to that, offer to work for them for free part-time under the proviso that they correct your work and provide guidance on how to improve.

You'll never get a more powerful source of education than a good mentor. A mentor is the Moet Chandon of educators; a teacher is the box wine.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
I know this is slowlane
Learning isn't slowlane. It's slow, but not slowlane.

What is a good course to learn about ICT which is the most valuable for a entrepeneur
The simple answer is "blockchain", but if you don't have prior technical experience, it will be a waste of time.

I've been involved with computers since 1995 and have 15+ yrs as a software developer (7 of those professional) - the key thing I would suggest is that if you're asking questions like this, you should stay clear of anything deeply technical (it will be better for you to pay someone like me to do things on your behalf).

Technical people are a breed unto themselves; picking up HTML or whatever would definitely help you, but not as much as practical experience. If you really wanted to get into the "fastlane", you'd focus on turning $10 into $10,000 with whatever resources you have available. The discovery of how you'd be able to do this is where the "learning" side comes in (Amazon FBA/Dropshipping/AliExpress etc).

For example, if you have "several web based business ideas", you need to quantify those ideas, determine how you can get them produced for minimal outlay, and then take advantage of whatever resources you have to get them to at least a prototype state. If that necessitates the need for HTML/CSS or some other thing, then by all means get a course on it.

Going on courses, if it's not directly relevant to increasing your income, isn't that effective IMHO. I've done a ton of language courses, but it wasn't until I started dealing with people from that country that I began to make any real progress.

Liber-B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 29, 2018
The Netherlands
Thanks for the awnswers. It's not that I want to learn ICT beacause I want to work in the ICT (as a slowlane worker). It's pure because I have the opportunity at my work to get free education. Sort of going to school for free. But it will probably be some kind of course instead of a full real deal education. But it's free.
I hope I can get rid of my job within the next 1 or 1,5 year.
So I thought picking ICT knowledge could be a good idea because the internet is a good business platform.

Liber-B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 29, 2018
The Netherlands
For example, if you have "several web based business ideas", you need to quantify those ideas, determine how you can get them produced for minimal outlay, and then take advantage of whatever resources you have to get them to at least a prototype state. If that necessitates the need for HTML/CSS or some other thing, then by all means get a course on it.
Yes this is something I mean if I understand you right. I have to start somewhere. I could start making a basic website which provides needs (information, tools, products, whattever) First make the basics myself and later on pass it on if it gets too difficult. All of it first for learning because I still have to pick a big ''go for''. But something in internet/websites got my attention and gives me idea's.

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
This seems like a case of do what you love vs do what is useful. I advise that you take a look at your skills. First identify your strentghs. Then learn to maximize on your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Next is actually applying it to your fastlane goals.

ICT is broad and knowledge in most aspects is a good thing to have .It makes you flexible but it's easy to be taken advantage of in the job market. Fastlane wise, if you're already an expert in an ICT field then developing a product/service will be easier. Otherwise I feel that time could be better spent learning things that will directly turn your business idea into a reality i.e. copy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.