The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The price of admission of getting a question answered...

Trav D.

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
TX
What is it?

As I look around these forums I see hundreds of questions that have either gone unanswered or that were
answered with some garbage reply from someone who obviously did not care or did not spend more than 2
seconds coming up with the response.

To be blunt, I am tired of it.

I spent the same amount of time and money $$$ on the Fastlane book as you guy's did. The book then
directed me to these forums where I could supposedly get help and discuss things that were related to
Entrepreneurship.

Who gives a crap if the questions I am asking have already been answered 2 years ago or last month or last
night? If I am asking then obviously you guy's failed to deliver. I want answers right now that are relevant.
Not answers or information that is outdated or that I have to dig through last years threads to get.

In my honest opinion the forums directly contradict what the Fastlane book suggests. Find a need and fill it?
Obviously there is a huge need right here in these forums with all of the unanswered questions that
people keep posting on a daily basis. Why do you guy's just sit there without helping people who need
answers to a subject that you are supposedly an expert on? Pathetic!

Also, everywhere I look all I see is very bad advice of doing Ebay or Craigslist or Real Estate or blah blah
blah. That is all SLOWLANE! Just do a quick search on Google about who are the richest men in the world
and in the top 10 you will NOT see Donald Trump. I see software developers and stock investors and people
from all other industries EXCEPT real estate. So please stop pushing this real estate garbage.

The fact of the matter is that a web based business is the Fastlane to wealth. I thought that this was what
the book was about, but then when I came to these forums I saw something else.

What is the problem here?

Trav

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Its almost offensive that you say that. There are millionaires on here helping people out, giving you their valuable time and this is what you say?

If you feel that way you should just check out some other forums. Its almost offensive to millionaires who come on here and help people. Ill tell you why, because your selfiish.

I have read most of DJ's book and I feel like I get it...mostly. The problem is that it just flat out takes some cold hard cash to start any type of real business. So should I do affiliate marketing for maybe a year or so just to generate some cash? I feel that an online business would be best for me because I love the scalability of it and I love being a salesman but I absolutely HATE having to repeat the same pitch for the same products 50 times a day.The other problem is that I want to actually make some real money for the affiliate products that I convert. Amazon commissions are so low it's a joke. Adsense sites also seem like way too much work to get all of the traffic needed just to make $1,000 a month. So where can I find products that pay out good commissions? Clickbank?
Join a network like Shareasale or Commission Junction? Right now I just need direction.

Trav D.

So clearly you are selfish and are just complaining/talking about yourself. No one here wants to hear about complaints and or care what you HATE doing.

The only question you really are asking is for direction and what products pay out a good commission? No one here is going to give you an answer and stop making it like because you bought the book this forum owes you something, the $10-$20, i spent that on fast food last night. You got your moneys worth.

There are threads here with sometimes 30 pages of responses, because they due their research, talk about what they have tried, and asked for suggestions on why it failed and how they can improve. Your just complaining. Now im not trying to bash you, but you need to calm down and look what your doing. I could give you a step by step and with your attitude and you would still automatically fail, no one owes you anything

Your yelling at a girl right now because she wont give you her phone number, its you not her, just like this, your asking the wrong questions.

You have a long way to go, i suggest you take this criticism and stick around here so you can grow.

• Banned

Trav D.

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
TX
Thank you very much theBiz for proving my point in less than 30 minutes.

This is what it takes to get a response on these forums. You just gotta know what buttons to push.

And as for my questions about affiliate marketing or adsense...I had to start somewhere. I prefer
those options 100 times over doing ebay or craigslist.

Trav

D

DeletedUser394

How about this: I'm tired of the influx of whiny little people, that have done nothing except read a book and logged onto the forum for less than a month, and expect to be spoonfed information that is otherwise free all over the internet, but are mostly too lazy to even bother looking.

You asked one question a week ago, received no answers... so what?

Oh, and there are a dozen if not more people on this forum doing real estate that make millions more than you will ever even have a hope of making... but you know better of course, because you saw a list of top 10 billionaires and Donald Trump wasn't on it.

So have you started? Have you done anything in the last week with your affiliate marketing/adsense/whatever it is you want to do.

Price of admission? What about getting off your rear and making things happen. There won't be any handholding along the way.

Don't understand how people think good things will come from them effectively insulting the vast majority of forum members (that actually make things happen) that take time out of their schedules to answer questions on the internet for free.

The mind is a curious thing.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Your entitlement attitude is not going to get you far in business. If you plan on keeping it, you're probably better off just getting a job.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
To be blunt, we don't owe you shit. Yes this is connected to the fastlane book, but we arn't getting paid. We are here to try and to help each other out, for free. Why don't you try posting something usefull and maybe you'll get some good advice in return. Not just this me me me, I want, I want, I want shit. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR A 36 YEAR OLD MAN with that attitude, you sound like a 7th grader.

And if my post came off making me sound like a prick, good, it was suppose to.

Robre

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Do us all a favor and get out of here. We don't like wasting time on people who are that selfish. Guess what, it's not about you!!! Not even close buddy. Do you like to answer stupid questions all day long? Neither do we. Do some research, get off your a$$ and get to work. Sell something, anything, then rinse and repeat.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
We are busy, if you were busy too you wouldnt have time to complain about such a thing.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Trav, don't let these guys get you down.

Forget adsense and affiliate programs. You need an exact plan or idea? OK.

Get into text message marketing. Billions to be made in that play.

Create a good website,then hit us back, and we can tell you exactly what to do next.

I bet within a few weeks you could be making 10k a week..

Dutchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 20, 2011
London
Awwww and here I was hoping Jack was gonna post a pic of his Bentley!

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Trav you have completely miss the whole point. Swing and a miss buddy.

Ebay can provide instant cashflow through sales of your products that can be used to further develope a more stable business platform. It can also provide great ways to learn to add value in a competitive market. If your product costs more then your competition then you have to find a way to make it more valuable.

Craigslist teaches people valuable lessons about making money and biz in general. The skills developed learning to hustle are priceless and the money earned can be used to finance another biz.

Realestate is still a great way to develope wealth and invest. It can provide great tax deductions and ways to increase, supplament, or replace your income. I know plenty of millionaires who made their fortune from realestate many of which are retired as the do not see the need to spend any more precious time amassing money they don't need.

People like you are what make people not want to post about their ideas/current projects.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Get into text message marketing. Billions to be made in that play.

Hey don't tell him that, there's plenty of money to be made in Adsense and Affiliate programs if you know what you're doing, and the income could be very stable if you have multiple revenue streams. Not saying that text message marketing isn't better, doesn't have more potential, or isn't something that he would be interested in but I'm just saying don't tell him to forget about something that he has been looking into that he might be more knowledgeable in than something that you blindly suggest. I know a friend who made a niche website a few months ago and spent around $20 on it, flipped it for $3,000+ a few weeks ago and I've had quite a bit of success with affiliate marketing and Adsense myself. While that's not a ton of money to make $3,000 from an initial $20 investment in just a few months of letting a website sit while doing minimal amounts of marketing is pretty good, and if he chose not to flip it he would have stable income right now making around $500 a month which isn't bad for doing absolutely nothing.

I agree with you though, he does need an exact plan but telling him to blindly get into a industry that he may have no prior experience or knowledge in isn't the best advice.

Look Trav, if you want to get into Adsense/Affiliate marketing you have to do research and that's the bottom line, because if you open up a site with no idea of what you're supposed to do but high expectations, you're likely to fail. Find a niche and look, if you're going to choose a niche like health and fitness for your first website don't choose health and fitness in general because that niche is huge, you want to break it down. For example, there's different types of fitness, a lot of different types. There's strength, endurance, marathon, swimming training etc. which are all related to fitness. Most of these "niches" are already covered pretty good and are high competition but how can you dig even DEEPER into this niche graveyard and pull out a few niches that haven't been fully exploited yet? Well here's something to think about, not only are there different types of fitness techniques, but there's also different types of people with different body structures that are looking for the best way for THEM to get fit. You can tell a skinny or chubby person to jog for 20 or 30 minutes without breaks (which could very well be advice that you might GENERALLY see on fitness websites).

But if you tell an overweight person that they MIGHT try, and when they try they WILL fail, and when they fail they WILL search for better solutions if they aren't looking for them already. So a niche might be about "How to get in shape if you're overweight". It might even be "The guide to losing fat for overweight people", it could be anything related to that niche. It could be for skinny people trying to build muscle, and although that's a well covered niche as well you can break that down even MORE. What about this, "How to build muscle for underweight older people". I'm sure there's plenty of 35-40 year old people who are searching for motivation or a routine to build muscle but know that their body has been broken down over the years and they need routines specifically for their situation.

Well I just took a shot into the dark but I'm sure you get the point, but I'm even going to take it a step FURTHER and show you exactly what I mean. I just did a little keyword research and this is what I put in "How to burn bodyfat" and guess what, there's over 12,000 monthly searches for that phrase and around 80,000 competing websites. That isn't a great keyword to target but it's definitely possible to get on the first page within a timely manner with proper usage of SEO and Internet Marketing. Guess what else "bodyfat" grouped together is a spelling error that many people make but results in Google still show up for it, and people still make money from it. If you did get the first spot in Google for that keyword lets say you get 5,000 visitors a month from that keyword alone. That's a few hundred clicks on Adsense ads or Affiliate banners which means you're either going to make conversions selling an eBook or fitness equipment or whatever it may be that you're selling, or you're going to make a few dollars in Adsense. Either way it's a win win situation and that's because no matter if you're making a few dollars from Adsense or $1,000 from affiliate sales monthly you can still scale your efforts, increase the amount of keywords you rank for, increase the amount of traffic you drive to your website, increase conversions, increase revenue generated, and so on.

Well I'm getting a little carried away and I could go on for days about this but hopefully my example above helped to shed a little light on what you may have gotten into or are getting into, and will in turn leave you more knowledgeable and with a more open mind. I'm not sure if you know this or not but this is my last piece of advice:

1. Research how to research keywords, why keywords are important, and how to tell good keywords from bad keywords

2. Research how to find niches, what type of niches you should look for, and how you know if it's a good niche or a bad niche

3. Research the basics of SEO, Keyword density, Social Network Marketing, Backlinks and Article Marketing. If you have a monthly budget of $500 or higher then look into Google AdWords and banner advertising as well.

Personally I listed those in no SPECIFIC order but I would say they are by far three of the most important factors when it comes to niche websites, of course good quality content and original content as well are very important but those should be givens. I say those should be givens because if someone is trying to become an artist and start selling their art for thousands of dollars a piece, they KNOW that their art needs to be UNIQUE and ORIGINAL it's not rocket science and the same applies here, but unfortunately some people think they can get away with posting shitty content.

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask and if no one answers in a timely manner then take matters into your OWN hands and go out and do your OWN research via google, youtube, other forums, peers with similar interests, etc.

EDIT: Wow I really did get a bit carried away....sorry, heh

Trav D.

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
TX
Thanks for all of the wonderful replies :)

Good or bad. I still thank you all :)

When I write, people read. Thanks again :)

Also, I am not a noob at anything. I am a grandmaster business man. And I enjoy ruffling a few
feathers every now and then.

Peace out kids.

Trav D.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Who gives a crap if the questions I am asking have already been answered 2 years ago or last month or last
night? If I am asking then obviously you guy's failed to deliver. I want answers right now that are relevant.
Not answers or information that is outdated or that I have to dig through last years threads to get.

...What's the problem here?

The problem here is 100% yours. For some bizarre and misguided reason you thought we were here for your benefit. We aren't. If you want quality answers, post quality questions...and then realize that sometimes the people that might have the answers still might not respond to you for a variety of reasons. This is when you "bump" your question and ask NICELY for some input. Keep in mind that no one owes anyone anything on this forum. You need to seriously check your attitude at the door as it won't get you very far here (or anywhere else in life.)

Trav D.

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
TX
I guess I need to clarify something for you guy's.

Yes. Indeed. You are most definitely here for my benefit. You all owe me something :)

Now give me the answers that I require...

p.s. I do not care to hear from the lips of the ones who have done nothing and are still living
with momma. Only ballers and top business persons plz apply when speaking with me.

Thanks,
Trav D.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Also, I am not a noob at anything. I am a grandmaster business man.

Question - if you're such a "grandmaster business man", why were you asking about how to start a web business / Clickbank affiliate marketing in this thread just a few days ago??
I would think selling other people's Clickbank products would be beneath a grandmaster, no?

efe5cf52-e526-40cb-af3e-69335608331d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Sigh. Ugh. Sigh.

I'm going to channel my inner AroundtheWorld and just walk away.

Before I do... the word is guys, not guy's.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I guess I need to clarify something for you guy's.

Yes. Indeed. You are most definitely here for my benefit. You all owe me something :)

Now give me the answers that I require...

p.s. I do not care to hear from the lips of the ones who have done nothing and are still living
with momma. Only ballers and top business persons plz apply when speaking with me.

Thanks,
Trav D.

This guy is a troll, don't feed him. Any good business opportunities or advice that he could have received just got tossed out the window. He's not taking any of this seriously and probably isn't taking his life seriously, I suspect this guy is around 13-16 years old. Well if you aren't taking successful people with proven advice seriously, then you more than likely aren't even taking your work or affiliate sites seriously.

I don't get pissed off often, not even mad, and I could really care less about you trolling or even if it's just a "joke" but it greatly disappoints me to see successful people give their most VALUABLE asset (their time) to someone who just wants to make a joke out of it and act immature. I'm also only typing this and giving you even more of my time because I hope that you can gain something from it, and if you can't then hopefully someone else who may come across this thread in the near future who might have a similar mindset as you.

Good luck and not everything should be taken seriously but you've gotten some quality feedback and the only response you offered was "You all owe me something :)". I'm done with this thread and done with you, and I advise everyone else to be as well. Come back asking for help when you have a website up and after you've done some research, that's the most I can offer you for now.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
lol kwerner i actually laughed at that picture. Travis... every self made rich person was once broke... you need to learn some respect for people, most people here are making money and its funny you feel entitled to get info only from the millionaires.

I will waste just alittle more time and try to help you out with your future. Even the rich people come here and take advice from less successful. Why? Because rich people are listeners, they listen to people wants, and satisfy them. They have smiles on as others talk. You must be making weird faces as you type because you are angry. I honestly am saying this to help you out, once i log off, get into my silk sheets in MY place( hope im qualified to respond now), it wont hurt me one bit if you dont listen.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Also, I am not a noob at anything. I am a grandmaster business man. And I enjoy ruffling a few
feathers every now and then.

:bsflag: :bsmeter: :lame:

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
BTW...to the guy who wanted to know where I am located...DFW baby!

Go Cowboys!

Go cowboys? You want to go with the cowboys to their vacation homes here in the next few weeks? Cause they ain't GOING anywhere..

I Only ballers and top business persons plz apply when speaking with me.

Thanks,
Trav D.

Since I Drive a Bentley everyday... I might fall into that Baller category..

My opinion... You are a grandmaster idiot. And you are here for my enjoyment..

Keep posting Grandmaster.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Go cowboys? You want to go with the cowboys to their vacation homes here in the next few weeks? Cause they ain't GOING anywhere..

Since I Drive a Bentley everyday... I might fall into that Baller category..

My opinion... You are a grandmaster idiot. And you are here for my enjoyment..

Keep posting Grandmaster.

I couldn't even breathe from laughter!

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Guys, Trav, the grandmaster works as a counter clerk at office depot...

At 36.. Sad.. Sad.. Oh well.. I am going to catch out on this one, would not want to be responsible for someone realizing how sad his life really is..

Before I let you go Trav. How much are ink cartridges for a brother 290-C?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.