The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tai Lopez SMMA

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I have a backup plan...I'm unsure of wether to buy it or not. You see I was going to do both. This and my own business. Has anyone had any experiences with this. I'm only curious because Mj says in multiple instances that these $997 products are useless, and well this program would be the exact if I didn't have my mind set on it. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
There must be a way to see who talks the talk and who walks the walk

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I have a backup plan...I'm unsure of wether to buy it or not. You see I was going to do both. This and my own business. Has anyone had any experiences with this. I'm only curious because Mj says in multiple instances that these $997 products are useless, and well this program would be the exact if I didn't have my mind set on it. Thank you

Tai Lopez is just the manager of a team of experts in his programs. he doesn't do all the teachings.

i will take a metaphor:

Do you really think that Donald Trump writes his public talks ? come on guys wake up

an army of ghost writers work day and night to keep the system called " democracy " going.

same thing here : Tai Lopez is the Donald Trump of his business.

he is the guy on stage while his army is working behind the scenes.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I feel like an idiot...we just need a change from within. I feel like I need to start over in this book.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Before you can see, you have to open your eyes and be willing to use them. Read ALL the GOLD and NOTABLE threads. That alone can take you weeks, but the insight you''ll learn will be worth far more than $997.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure I fully understand all the comments in this thread, but regarding Tai Lopez, or anyone else, the programs could very well work but most do not fully. I know for a fact that a lot of these guys bank on the inaction of people.

In other words, most sell these programs knowing that 99% of people won't even start the first step or barely do anything. Most people want to know how the magic trick is done, but won't perfect doing the magic trick.

If you want something to work it is going to take focused, direct action on it. If you are committed to it, then I suppose one of these programs may very well work. The reason I say that is because the second you run into a problem with it (and you will) you are focused on resolving it.

Don't buy it if you are not all in.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Before you can see, you have to open your eyes and be willing to use them. Read ALL the GOLD and NOTABLE threads. That alone can take you weeks, but the insight you''ll learn will be worth far more than $997.

I'm 23...have been a thief all my life. Finally found a community. Not just this one but many. I hope I can bring back all of what I have stolen. And some

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Kinda tired of judging people I haven't met. On the same level as "Donald Trump is an a**hole", yet 99.9% of those people haven't met them. I tend to think the opposite of most.

So therefore Tai Lopez is a genius that gets others to do his bidding for him... sadly that's not what he teaches.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Kinda tired of judging people I haven't met. On the same level as "Donald Trump is an a**hole", yet 99.9% of those people haven't met them. I tend to think the opposite of most.

So therefore Tai Lopez is a genius that gets others to do his bidding for him... sadly that's not what he teaches.

Even if you meet him it wouldn't change your opinion. He gives you action steps instead of the beliefs that take time. All these gurus preach action but it could just be a ruse.
I don't want any trouble I just see that some products would be in favor than others. You have to be yourself and build upon it

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Even if you meet him it wouldn't change your opinion. He gives you action steps instead of the beliefs that take time. All these gurus preach action but it could just be a ruse.
I don't want any trouble I just see that some products would be in favor than others. You have to be yourself and build upon it

The MFCEO Project podcast might interest you. It contains lots of golden nuggets and good info.

Andy Frisella can be a bit over the top, but he's the real deal.

If you enjoyed TMF and/or Unscripted , you'll enjoy the MFCEO podcast. Many of Andy's views overlap with the principals found in MJ's books.

I wouldn't give Tai Lopez a dime. Plenty of good people out there are sharing their knowledge for free or for 95% less than some bogus $997 "course."

Then again the best way to learn more than you can from any course, book, podcast, whatever, is to just get started on something of your own. Let the 3rd party knowledge supplement your own journey.

Last edited:

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
The MFCEO Project podcast might interest you. It contains lots of golden nuggets and good info.

Andy Frisella can be a bit over the top, but he's the real deal.

If you enjoyed TMF and/or Unscripted , you'll enjoy the MFCEO podcast. Many of Andy's views overlap with the principals found in MJ's books.

I wouldn't give Tai Lopez a dime. Plenty of good people out their are sharing their knowledge for free or for 95% less than some bogus $997 "course."

Then again the best way to learn more than you can from any course, book, podcast, whatever, is to just get started on something of your own. Let the 3rd party knowledge supplement your own journey.

He is good... I never put any thought into him. I guess it's been this mindset of without, or shortcut. He said you can't give up either. You must push forward. No doubt "never give up," push through, and take action

cor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
May 8, 2016
The World
You really haven't given us enough information. What kind of business have you started? How will this program help with that? What are you expecting to learn? What are you looking to learn?

A polished and well-marketed $997 "course" might not be what you need. You seek the seductive and seemingly "easy" solution it promises. This might be just a distraction.

If the course was going to teach you something more tactical and actionable, sure, go for it. (like how to create a Facebook ad or how to source products from China) But these "mindset" and generic "pump up" courses that never promise anything specific reek of something you don't actually need.

The more vague the pitch for a program or course is, the more you should steer in the other direction. Trust me, I've done marketing for these exact promises and kind of products.

Honestly, this is going to sound cheesy but all the mindset stuff you need is in the 2 books that are talked about on this site. Invest that money into your business or idea. You'll learn a lot more by just doing.

EDIT: I just realized what you're looking to buy is for some social media marketing agency thing, not his popular 67 steps thing. Either way, I think most of what I said still applies.

Last edited:

Interesting Life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 2, 2016
New York
I once bumped into Tai Lopez in JFK airport after a trip to LA. I went up to him and we chatted for a bit. He seemed to ask me smart questions about a hair and skincare business I run. Before we each left he gave me a free ticket to one of his larger seminars. I went and I liked it. He is a smart guy who knows a lot about a lot of things. Surely a ton of what he does he does for his own marketing purposes. I found it amusing (and smart) how when checking into the seminar each person was greeted by a salesperson looking to upsell you for a special VIP lunch with Tai. Each salesperson was also accompanied by an attractive girl.

I can't comment on his $997 program. The thing I went to for free was selling for between $100 and $200. I believe people can learn a lot from Tai Lopez. Whether the program is worth $997 is surely an individual matter.

There are plenty of smart people on this forum helping out for free ;)

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
You can learn far more about marketing by watching and listening to Tai than you can by taking his course. Save your money.

Read the gold threads by @Fox and @SinisterLex if you want to get an idea for how to market services to small business owners.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
The right questions are not being asked and the answers given seem to deflect. So I am now out of this thread.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What do you want to get out of taking the course?

EDIT: I really must get me one of them fancy landing pages and up my course to $997. Or maybe $970? Hmm...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
As Mark Cuban says, real growth of an entrepreneur starts when you stop looking for answers outside of yourself.

You have a mind of your own, its a tool, learn how to use it, you can use it to create new ideas and solve problems.

99% of the material sold for $1,000 is nothing you wouldn't find in a wiki article or on g00gle.

Most people who sell these courses know that people are lazy and want everything in a silver bullet.

Here's an idea: If you create a new innovation to a complex problem and you patent it and become a millionaire. Do you think that solution was directly found in a $1k course somewhere? Of course not.

Here again our social conditioning interferes with our best interest, you were conditioned to think you are a dumbass and you need to be taught and spoon fed everything(easy) and read a textbook instead of figuring out how to use your mind to find new solutions and new ideas that don't exist yet(Hard).

Last edited:

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

From what I've heard this is all about managing/growing the social media pages of small businesses that know very little about this for a monthly fee.

It sounds like a reasonable business model, but you need to know how to grow them and what sort of content to post- The latter which can't really be taught in a course unfortunately because it's so individual to each business. Also, from what I've heard, he doesn't really go through any real tactics to grow the social media either (like DM/Telegram groups and follow bots ect).

Give it a go if you think you can learn yourself how to do these things AND sell these businesses on it too- Which in all fairness, he might go through. If you can't bring the businesses any results, they'll soon cancel, so prepare for that.

Ask around and look what he says is actually in the course before committing too. I think Tai Lopez does tend to sell the dream and exaggerates what he has. If he ever says that he has 100 hours of training, just remember that 95 of those hours will be him going off topic about random anecdotes and quoting billionaires.

Good luck!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Here's 19 pages about Tai Lopez, from members on this forum: Notable! - WTF does Tai Lopez do?

The longer you spend in the entrepreneurial community the better feeling you get about all this stuff.

You also start to recognize names, hear about reputation, start seeing referrals, start seeing testimonials from folks you trust, etc...

The problem with courses and events and meet-ups is that the marketing behind the good ones are done almost identically to the bad ones. Because the marketing works really, really well and it's a lot easier to learn how to market a course than it is to produce a good quality one.

It's almost impossible to tell the difference without having some background on the purveyors.

My advice for you is don't spend a dime on courses, yet.

Instead do what MJ suggested and:

- Read all the free information here. Start with Gold and Notable threads.
- Consider an INSIDERS membership on this forum to access real progress threads and insights from folks walking the walk.
- Pick up both books the forum is based around

Right there, in those 3 little bullet points, is hundreds of hours worth of information from folks who are walking the walk.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC

These seminars remind me of Tony Robbins, and the stuff he sells. Although he has a very positive message, people can't wait to give him thousands of dollars to tell them they aren't worthless. If this is what you need to hear, perhaps there are bigger issues than you realize.

10 years ago...MAYBE...I would say paying for a business seminar may have value, but with the expanse that is the WWW, there is no reason free information cannot be obtained that can guide and answer your questions to damn near anything. Granted I bought both of MJ's books, (so not free) but it was the kick in the a$$ I needed to move forward! Just like I tell my computer ignorant aunt when she asks me silly questions, "Google is your friend!" And she eventually finds the answer she is looking for, has a better concept of the knowledge, and has a better grasp on using a search engine, than if I had just told her the answer!

TheRegalMachine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 27, 2017
Moon Base
I had to Google this because I know who Tai Lopez is but not what a "Smma" was.

In my opinion, the landing page stinks of the classic bait for folks who see bling, fancy cars, big numbers with dollar signs, and go into these thing head first only to be out thousands. The majority of the page is copy-write dick swinging about Tai's stuff and money. Not unusual for Tai Lopez but still tacky.

Not to mention the circling of posts from people who were allegedly "successful" from his course and now make such and such thousands a month caught my eye. Cherry picked positive reviews are always a red flag for me, which compel me to search for the negative ones. This allows better insight on the course be those posts don't give the nitty gritty like a negative post will.

From the looks of it, this is your run of the mill "repackage information a person could easily learn for a few bucks or free via books or videos but over charge because a popular name is attached" gimmick.

As mentioned by @PetePreneur most of the shit he's hocking is useful and real but it's stuff you could easily learn on your own if you were dedicated enough. Judging by a few reviews and people who did give it a shot but weren't happy you're slowly fed videos on different topics. And I've seen enough Tai Lopez content to tell you he will mostly waste time self-aggrandizing, making anecdotes about his "rich friends" (name dropping) who did this or that, and other bullshit to pad the video.

In the 4 months he wants you to dedicate to his program you could probably learn a bulk of it on your own, for free, at an even quicker time frame.

All in all it's up to you. If you're still starry-eyed and want to take the gamble, it's your money. Who knows maybe you'll learn something valuable, hell it might even work out for you, but be weary, do your research, and look for alternatives (they are out there).

If you do go for it, but it doesn't work out don't be afraid to ask for a refund.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you want to start helping other businesses with their marketing, then literally go out and find a business who'll agree to you helping them. Then help them.

Start with the people who you already know. Family? Friends? Owners of your favourite restaurant, gym, bar, hotel?

Maybe offer it free for a month or two, or maybe for a low fee?

This is proper learning.

You'll learn how to sell your services, even if it's free.

You'll learn how to deliver your services.

Do it right and you might even get paid to learn, instead of paying to learn.

While you're paying $1k on a course to learn Facebook marketing, someone else is getting paid $1k to apply it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
10 years ago...MAYBE...I would say paying for a business seminar may have value, but with the expanse that is the WWW, there is no reason free information cannot be obtained that can guide and answer your questions to damn near anything.

I disagree.

I know plenty of really well off entrepreneurs from this forum who have been to and swear by various high quality events, seminars, meet-ups, etc...

At their core they are highly valuable networking events with very high quality panel discussions.

Hell - I got my start in entrepreneurship by going to this forum's "officially unofficial" meetup years back. I met new friends, was exposed to new experiences, expanded my network in meaningful ways and learned a ton from the speakers. Far more value than I could have gained through a google search.

There's absolutely more to learning than words and videos on the internet.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
These seminars remind me of Tony Robbins, and the stuff he sells

I have got so much help from Tony Robbins....

...from the free material all over the web, and a library book.

I have no reason to think I'd ever spend a penny funding his next Jet Helicopter (never did figure that one out). He is really smart, has some really good insights, and has done some really cool stuff. But if everyone who paid for his seminars lived their potential, this world would look a lot different than it does today, methinks.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
I disagree.

I know plenty of really well off entrepreneurs from this forum who have been to and swear by various high quality events, seminars, meet-ups, etc...

At their core they are highly valuable networking events with very high quality panel discussions.

Hell - I got my start in entrepreneurship by going to this forum's "officially unofficial" meetup years back. I met new friends, was exposed to new experiences, expanded my network in meaningful ways and learned a ton from the speakers. Far more value than I could have gained through a google search.

There's absolutely more to learning than words and videos on the internet.

But did you pay thousands of dollars to attend? I'm not saying there isn't any value to seminars, but is the ROI worth it? Again, I guess that depends on what you're looking for. Hey if you think hearing TR speak for $5k, its your money, spend it how you want!

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
I have got so much help from Tony Robbins....

...from the free material all over the web, and a library book.

I have no reason to think I'd ever spend a penny funding his next Jet Helicopter (never did figure that one out). He is really smart, has some really good insights, and has done some really cool stuff. But if everyone who paid for his seminars lived their potential, this world would look a lot different than it does today, methinks.

Agree 100%! He is very smart and has a lot of information, but I would never spend a dime, let alone the $5k+ he charges for seminars to hear I'm not living my potential. THIS is where a GOOGLE SEARCH of TR comes in! The Truth (Free content) is out there!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
As Mark Cuban says, real growth of an entrepreneur starts when you stop looking for answers outside of yourself.

You have a mind of your own, its a tool, learn how to use it, you can use it to create new ideas and solve problems.
^ This x1000

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
You don't need to spend $997 you just need common sense and half a brain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.