The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

F*ck This Guy - Tai Lopez

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa
i never understood the psychology of paying thousands of dollars to a guru on the internet. I mean I like Tai. I think there is a lot of BS in there, but there is also a lot of value.
I just can't see how some dude out there on the net stumbles upon his stuff and says "yeah I got $2,500 to try out his program".
Maybe some shell out cash for the 67 thing he had going on. I dunno, maybe people aren't as frugal with their money as I am.
Whats the difference between what Tai Lopez does in comparison to corporate america? Why is what Tai Lopez does bad, but what apple, amazon, and every other company that exploits human psychology does not bad? You think MJ doesnt exploit human nature?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Whats the difference between what Tai Lopez does in comparison to corporate america? Why is what Tai Lopez does bad, but what apple, amazon, and every other company that exploits human psychology does not bad? You think MJ doesnt exploit human nature?
Corporations/companies sell products, gurus sell smoke.

Edit: Also, I don't think IQ is a good measurement it would better to call it "Entrepeneurial Quoficient", but yes those in the middle of the Whatever Quoficient curve bell are the ones being screwed by gurus because they're looking for shortcuts.

Also also, can we just stop talking about this guy and giving him unearned attention?

Last edited:

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
People can learn a lot from Tai Lopez, regardless of his personality.

I love this he said:
'' Keep the health, make money a little slower''.

He got many people into reading books because he makes reading books attractive: read books and you will get these cars and women like I do. People want money, cars and women and tai knows this. They will not listen if you say read books and you will become a good person. People will not listen to that.

Brilliant way to help people: trick them into reading books.

And it's true: knaaawledgee can help you in getting moolah and bishes :clench:

Edit: legends are that Tai Lopez reads 12 books in a second.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
People can learn a lot from Tai Lopez, regardless of his personality.

I love this he said:
'' Keep the health, make money a little slower''.

He got many people into reading books because he makes reading books attractive: read books and you will get these cars and women like I do. People want money, cars and women and tai knows this. They will not listen if you say read books and you will become a good person. People will not listen to that.

Brilliant way to help people: trick them into reading books.

And it's true: knaaawledgee can help you in getting moolah and bishes :clench:

Edit: legends are that Tai Lopez reads 12 books in a second.
That's not true, he isn't motivating anyone, he's getting richer by looking like he's motivating people but if you wanted to read a book you'd just go and do it.

That's the thing, people giving attention (and money) to Tai Lopez (or any other guru) are the least likely to be successful because every minute listening to him is a minute not spent on their life.

Followers don't learn, or they would be VERY BUSY with their own path to even know WTF Tai Lopez is.

Edit: In other words "learning" from gurus is action faking.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
That's not true, he isn't motivating anyone, he's getting richer by looking like he's motivating people but if you wanted to read a book you'd just go and do it.

That's the thing, people giving attention (and money) to Tai Lopez (or any other guru) are the least likely to be successful because every minute listening to him is a minute not spent on their life.

Followers don't learn, or they would be VERY BUSY with their own path to even know WTF Tai Lopez is.

He isn't motivating anyone? Please think about what you are saying here.

He is making reading books look cool just like rappers are making acting tough look cool. At least Tai Lopez is promoting a good thing. Who cares if he makes money.

You can learn a lot just by listening to his free videos.

Does he act shady sometimes and give a ''free lecture'' just to cut if off when it gets interesting in order to make people pay for the full lecture? Yes he does. But that is just his way of making money. He is still providing massive value.

Most of his followers are indeed action fakers, just like most people watching spirituality videos are action faking being spiritual. Just the nature of the human mind.

Anyways, I just see too much hate on Tai Lopez which he doesn't deserve. But he is certainly not my idol ;)

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
382%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I don't know anything about this guys' philosophies, but I've tried watching a few of his videos and I couldn't even sit through 3 minutes. I still sometimes get his ads on YT videos and trust me I'm quick to skip that s#!t.

What's sad is my friend bought his 1000 dollar course or something like that, and I couldn't find a way to stop this.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
He isn't motivating anyone? Please think about what you are saying here.

He is making reading books look cool just like rappers are making acting tough look cool. At least Tai Lopez is promoting a good thing. Who cares if he makes money.

You can learn a lot just by listening to his free videos.

Does he act shady sometimes and give a ''free lecture'' just to cut if off when it gets interesting in order to make people pay for the full lecture? Yes he does. But that is just his way of making money. He is still providing massive value.

Most of his followers are indeed action fakers, just like most people watching spirituality videos are action faking being spiritual. Just the nature of the human mind.

Anyways, I just see too much hate on Tai Lopez which he doesn't deserve. But he is certainly not my idol ;)
No, he isn't. If he was people would go out and read books and stop watching him.

Motivation is cause & effect. When you read a book because someone suggested it, that's motivation, you read that book because someone "motivated" it.

The word comes from latin and it means something like "the activation of movement", cause & effect.

A better word for what he does is inspiration, which doesn't cause action nor reaction.

You can argue that it's semantics and I partialy agree, but still, it doesn't matter for what I mean, people watch gurus because they want to watch gurus not because they want a source of motivation, they just want to keep wasting time on other people's lifes.

Call it motivation or inspiration, it's just an excuse to not do the work. If they wanted to read books they'd do it.

So no, I don't think he's motivating anything, he's just preaching to his audience, who are people with low "Entrepeneurial Quoficient" who are less likely to be succesful precisely because they're investing time and energy on other people instead of themselves AKA action faking.

In comparison people on this forum recommend you to read the books that help you solve the immidiate problem in front of you.

In comparison I am the one trying to motivate you to take your time seriously and take action and be successful.

If you think about it, we're the ones respecting you, we're the ones respecting YOUR LIFE.

It's your life less worthy than Tai's? Isn't your life important?

But yeah, the people who're trying to stop you from wasting your focus and really want to help you are haters...

Gurus: "Acquire knawledge, buy my s**t"
Haters: "Solve problems, provide value, don't waste time and live your life"

WHO ARE YOU CHOOSING?

So be it...

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Yes indeed. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

the game played by gurus is well thought out. you can't be immature in this guru game otherwise reality will kick you out quickly

which means, the gurus we watch on youtube are masters in psychology

it can't be otherwise

one of the strategies is not caring what people think of them

again,

back to yin yang tension in life

if you don't care what people think of you ( Tai Lopez and other gurus)

then the haters have no ground to stand and fight . it is yin

because there is nothing to fight ! no opponent reacting at the fight

you must have a ground to fight , physicaly of mentally = yang

you can't fight against emptyness

care.png

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa

Edit: Also, I don't think IQ is a good measurement it would better to call it "Entrepeneurial Quoficient", but yes those in the middle of the Whatever Quoficient curve bell are the ones being screwed by gurus because they're looking for shortcuts.

Also also, can we just stop talking about this guy and giving him unearned attention?

unfortunately this is only your perspective. value is subjective and biased. whats good to you is bad to others and vice versa. this is true for all products in business. for example, I hate junk food and Soda. I eat both in moderation as im a healthy eater. However, some other guy may love pepsi and junk food, but hate healthy food. Nothing changed with the product, only the perception. *cue MJ demarcos perception of what im explaining that I currently cant recall right now.* This is how Tai Lopez and *Pepsi* succeed.

Me personally, I like Tai Lopez. VERY inteligente guy. Are his products bullshit? I dont know, I never puchased one. But I do know the masses are crazy and irrational. most are filled with hate etc and not psychologically healthy. this is why I am very careful with who I rely on for info and viewpoints i accept online because most people dont think nor think about there thinking. So idk, trusting random youtube reviews and forum reviews would have me skeptical and wanting to see for myself. in life N=1 is the ultimate decider. Like come on, have you read youtube comments? think outsider our bubbles, a solid portion of people are screwed up individuals.

Do I think hes scamming? No. Game is not free everywhere. Information cost and I see no problem with one charging $900 or more for info if they choose to do so. the law of free will. the matrix manipulates psychologically but it can never MAKE you do anything. Applys to marketing used by Tai and every other corporate company, small business etc. Color psychology, copy writing, symbolism, numbers, all of these tools and more are used in marketing to influence your mind. to be a slave to anothers will.

Last edited:

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa

Edit: In other words "learning" from gurus is action faking.
Well why are we here? Whats the difference between Tai and MJ DeMarco? You said "followers dont learn..." well how are we so busy on our path that we know who MJ DeMarco is? ......Ay?

Isnt every minute spent listening, reading, or spending time on this forum a form of action faking? im following the logic of *listening to others opinions<trying shit out and taking action for yourself learning from trial and error* .....?

Another thing, you seem to be speaking from a place of ignorance to Tai Lopez. He is more than just about *reading books* or the marketing tactic he annoying does like that tv commercial or radio ad that just wont go away and stop repeating. Have you followed him on snap chat? have you saw his youtube videos? Listened to his podcast? this is why...
“I never allow myself to have an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do.” - Charlie munger

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Well why are we here? Whats the difference between Tai and MJ DeMarco? You said "followers dont learn..." well how are we so busy on our path that we know who MJ DeMarco is? ......Ay?

Isnt every minute spent listening, reading, or spending time on this forum a form of action faking? im following the logic of *listening to others opinions<trying sh*t out and taking action for yourself learning from trial and error* .....?

Another thing, you seem to be speaking from a place of ignorance to Tai Lopez. He is more than just about *reading books* or the marketing tactic he annoying does like that tv commercial or radio ad that just wont go away and stop repeating. Have you followed him on snap chat? have you saw his youtube videos? Listened to his podcast? this is why...
“I never allow myself to have an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do.” - Charlie munger
See? You wrote all of this instead of doing what?

You're paying with minutes of your life defending a guy you don't personally know and giving him your attention instead of what matters, which is YOU.

Tai Lopez and gurus give awful generalistic advise to become more valuable at the expense of ingenuous people who waste time and money on them because they think they'll get a shortcut to success.

YOU. DON'T. NEED. GURUS.

And honestly this is my last post here, if you're going to give more value to Tai's life than yours, OK, your choice, you'll have to excuse me if I don't want to be part of that.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
the game played by gurus is well thought out. you can't be immature in this guru game otherwise reality will kick you out quickly

which means, the gurus we watch on youtube are masters in psychology

it can't be otherwise

one of the strategies is not caring what people think of them

again,

back to yin yang tension in life

if you don't care what people think of you ( Tai Lopez and other gurus)

then the haters have no ground to stand and fight . it is yin

because there is nothing to fight ! no opponent reacting at the fight

you must have a ground to fight , physicaly of mentally = yang

you can't fight against emptyness

View attachment 21786

what lol

i have no idea what just happened

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.