The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

F*ck This Guy - Tai Lopez

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I just don't understand why anyone would want to sit through that.

Analgesic helping them survive the pain of working until they retire and can spend the last 5-8 years of their life doing what they actually wanted to do, with as many friends and family as are still alive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
I'd bet that even though younger poeple don't watch as much TV as the older ones they waste as many hours (if not more) watching stupid crap (for example some informarkeTAIrs) on YT.

Majority of their time waste will probably be in social media

KrisB

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Feb 13, 2017
San Francisco
His stuff is basic. Won't make you rich, but if you don't understand the SMM Agency model it can start you in the right direction. Like the fella above, I tor'd and FF past the fluff (lots of fluff). Same with the Sam Ovens Stuff, it's just marketing and consulting basics.

Bottom line is, if the info is new to you and you take action, it will set you on that particular road. If you do nothing, you've wasted your time and money.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
guys, a lot of people make fun of him but he has got 750,000 followers on youtube

so maybe , he is not that stupid...

what would you do with 750,000 followers ?

in case you don't understand what it means, there are close to 35, 000 users on this forum

(35,000 / 750,000 ) x 100 = 4,66 %

MJ DeMarco doesn't even have 5 % of the audience of Tai Lopez

so yes i would rather be a moron with 750,000 subscriber instead of being a smart guy with 500 subscribers like a lot of people on youtube

being smart means mastering people's psychology and Tai Lopez is a Grand Master

Grand Master Tai Lopez versus Smart experts : 1-0

checkmate

Well, then the big question is:

Are you a grand master or are you one of his puppets?

JoshA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 14, 2017
USA
He is a bit of an
Look at it this way: the bigger Tai's following grows, the less competition you'll have. I think it's comedy though that he endorses something like 60 steps to success and reading a lot of books; something that most (if not all) of his fanbase will never do. Wait until Tai releases the condensed "6 steps to success for just $6 per day!" program; that should give him enough to buy a small island.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
The funny thing is...

Everyone commenting about him here, is doing exactly what he wanted you to do for him.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, then all you are doing is helping him.

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
I have to say that the television watching, Tai Lopez infatuated coupon clipper sheep you're referring to are the same demographic who have most of the antidepressant prescriptions.

I've gone though times when I had no passion and no vision to see a way out of the mediocrity race for the slowlane. I would be willing to wager that there are a lot of people who, deep down, know they don't have the knowledge or skills to turn their lives around. That's why they fall victim to will of the sheep heard, relinquish control of the steering wheel, and let their dreams die.

I've noticed that having a clear understanding of what it takes to achieve massive success in business has helped tremendously. It's almost like a veil was lifted, and sunlight once again reached my soul. The sunlight is the dream of something better. When you don't understand how it can be done, knowing that it CAN be done and SEEING others do it compounds the withdrawal and depression.

My guess is that the massively high rates of depression in America or other developed nations is a result of two things:
1) Having life too easy, resulting in a culture of expectation and entitlement
2) Not understanding the concepts detailed in MFL

Obviously, genetics and brain chemistry play a big part for a lot of people, too. I don't mean to diminish those cases.

I believe we are part of the most massive rejection of traditional economics and the slowlane philosophies. It's currently under way, and I don't see it ending any time soon.

I truly believe that in 20 years the economy will look completely different in terms of major corporation's market share and employment numbers.

Is this the "Age of entrepreneurs"?

This is the "21st Century Slowlane Exodus"

Am I completely off base? How do you see things?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is this the "Age of entrepreneurs"?

I think there is subtle awareness taking place, and I hope both my books play a role in awakening the masses.

However that burgeoning awareness toward entrepreneurship has two huge institutional enemies, both educational and political, and they won't go quietly in the night, not with the power and money behind them. The SCRIPT is the code that runs the entire beast, and self-sufficiency is a threat to that beast.

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
I think there is subtle awareness taking place, and I hope both my books play a role in awakening the masses.

However that burgeoning awareness toward entrepreneurship has two huge institutional enemies, both educational and political, and they won't go quietly in the night, not with the power and money behind them. The SCRIPT is the code that runs the entire beast, and self-sufficiency is a threat to that beast.

Good point re: the status quo. Government and the educational industry certainly have a huge stake in kicking the can down the road. Modern politics is all about the perception of pushing for 'change' when in fact they're doing everything they can to 'control' (slow, hinder, stop) that change.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Modern politics is all about the perception of pushing for 'change' when in fact they're doing everything they can to 'control' (slow, hinder, stop) that change.

Perfect example, in order to graduate, you have to submit a plan for your future.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel: No HS diploma without a plan for graduation

No mention of being an entrepreneur, your options are to only become a drone for some other institution. Makes my blood boil as this is full blown scripted indoctrination.

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
Perfect example, in order to graduate, you have to submit a plan for your future.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel: No HS diploma without a plan for graduation

No mention of being an entrepreneur, your options are to only become a drone for some other institution. Makes my blood boil as this is full blown scripted indoctrination.

That's the /dev/null black hole that sucks down the dreams of millions of people every year I was talking about. The fact that the principles of business, such as your CENTS philosophies, are not taught in the 6th grade is the real issue. For God's sake, imagine the BLINDING speed of innovation if that were the case? Instead of a 1-5% rate of entrepreneurs maybe we'd have 10-30%? More? It really is a battle of information...

I wish my parents would have been capable of teaching me this stuff. They taught me parts of it, specifically to steer clear of the sidewalk. Still, bridging the gap from "don't be a sidewalker" to "passionately pursue the fast lane" is a huge leap and without the foundational understanding, I'm not really sure how normal people can break out of the slowlane or sidewalk mindset.

I really believe that the "drone" mentality is a huge reason our nation is struggling with depression, detachment, loneliness, etc. A person's dreams are THE BIGGEST deal! No one REALLY wants to deny themselves a extraordinary life, the problem is most of us aren't taught these philosophies therefore we quietly submit to the heard. After all, it doesn't really seem like a betrayal of ourselves when everyone is doing it and they all seem to be OK with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Enemies, and plenty of wolves in waiting ready to sell the hammock and laptop lifestyle, and the event.

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
I think for me... I would rather be broke & not violate my own ethics than to follow the example of Tai Lopez. If there is anything to learn from Tai is what not to do.. or how not to create value. Also I am not saying that in order to become wealthy you have to do unethical things, that is a false dichotomy, I would argue that the majority of wealthy people have probably achieved that through ethical means. At least all the wealthy people that I know have done so.... none of them had to resort to being a complete douche bag to achieve it either.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
You don't have to like him to learn from him

I'm not buying what he's selling (probably not his demographic), but I am certainly taking notes on the way he is selling it

It's clear that he understands human psychology, which is valuable to any marketer/entrepreneur even if you find his approach distasteful

I was ready to hate him when I sat down to listen to this podcast episode, but I actually walked away with a few gems...

Tai Lopez: Why Most Entrepreneurs Suck… PLUS… How To Build A Huge Audience, Solve Problems, And Get Paid To Do What You Love

I generally try to keep an open mind for good info until it's proven that I shouldn't...

guys, a lot of people make fun of him but he has got 750,000 followers on youtube

so maybe , he is not that stupid...

what would you do with 750,000 followers ?

in case you don't understand what it means, there are close to 35, 000 users on this forum

(35,000 / 750,000 ) x 100 = 4,66 %

MJ DeMarco doesn't even have 5 % of the audience of Tai Lopez

so yes i would rather be a moron with 750,000 subscriber instead of being a smart guy with 500 subscribers like a lot of people on youtube

being smart means mastering people's psychology and Tai Lopez is a Grand Master

Grand Master Tai Lopez versus Smart experts : 1-0

checkmate

This feels too much like I am defending the guy (lol), but he actually had other successful businesses before the flashy social media marketing/teaching people to be successful thing. Learned that from the podcast I linked to above.

Tai Lopez is definitely not stupid. He's a global celebrity, and has absolutely made >$1,000,000 in the last year, unless he's a complete fool.

But, as MJ alluded to in the early chapters of TMF , he's one of the guys who didn't get there by teaching people how he made millions.

He made millions by telling people how to make millions, before he made millions.

He's a marketing genius. I'd hire him to sell anything.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Enemies, and plenty of wolves in waiting ready to sell the hammock and laptop lifestyle, and the event.
No, they aren't even wolves to begin with.
At least wolves kill you, and that's it.
But such 'enemies' prefer to have you stay alive and milk you of money by having you buy their stuff over and over again.

It's like putting you in a coma, and they harvest energy from your cognitive functions, oh where have we heard this before in UNSCRIPTED ...lol
main-qimg-d7863c77276203a214b70c061adf9f54

The 'hammock and laptop lifestyle' isn't the only event they are selling. Where I come from, there's forex, the stock market, real estate and bitcoin....

I never realised why such so-called events were action faking until I found the action fake thread last year. Most often, such 'opportunities' never gives freedom in terms of money or time. They don't solve the problem!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Did you watch the whole thing? @Xeon Skip like 40 seconds in

Yup, I watched from 40s in and stopped at 4+ mins. Waste of time if you ask me, not sure what's the "juice" you're talking about lol. The whole video is obviously scripted, it's a collaboration between Cody and him. These gurus, YouTubers and all these guys have an inner circle where they prop each other up to get more views and fame. Is that you in the crowd, Grant Cardone?

I used to read that Tai finishes reading a book in 10 mins : How To Read A Book... A Day?! (What I Think Of Tai Lopez's Reading Routine) - Benjamin McEvoy

1. He reads the back cover and jacket.
  2. He reads the introduction.
  3. He reads the conclusion.
  4. He reads the contents page.
  5. He might read one random chapter than intrigues him.

Absolute bollocks. Tai shows us that the masses are dumb, and if you play your cards right, you can make people worship you with credit cards in hand. I'm very sure his followers are made up of mostly all wantrepreneurs.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Yup, I watched from 40s in and stopped at 4+ mins. Waste of time if you ask me, not sure what's the "juice" you're talking about lol. The whole video is obviously scripted, it's a collaboration between Cody and him. These gurus, YouTubers and all these guys have an inner circle where they prop each other up to get more views and fame. Is that you in the crowd, Grant Cardone?

I used to read that Tai finishes reading a book in 10 mins : How To Read A Book... A Day?! (What I Think Of Tai Lopez's Reading Routine) - Benjamin McEvoy

Absolute bollocks. Tai shows us that the masses are dumb, and if you play your cards right, you can make people worship you with credit cards in hand. I'm very sure his followers are made up of mostly all wantrepreneurs.
Of course it’s scripted. The beginning at least. Well what I’m pointing out is, I make fun of Tai’s corniness as much as anybody, but I just found it striking how much of a humble, cool dude Tai came off as. I think honestly Tai just knows what he’s doing.

He’s like Jay-z if you follow him. Deep down he’s a really smart, cool motherfcker. But he knows he has to be flashy to draw attention.

Tai Lopez? He shows off a Ferrari because he knows that’s what’s going to get people to listen. He mentions his TEDx talk because while it comes off as braggadocious,

Like if you watch his original In My Garage video, it’s so obvious how scripted and well thought out that was.
Step 1) show lamborghini so people are like ‘whoa maybe this guy knows how to get rich” and gain credibility
Step 2) funnel them into your 67 steps

But anyway in that video Tai just comes off as a cool dude where he usually comes off as some sleazy salesman.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
He made millions by telling people how to make millions, before he made millions.

He's a marketing genius. I'd hire him to sell anything.
Umm.. I dunno about that. I think Tai built his wealth before this stuff. Could be mistaken. And I don’t even like him particularly, just pointing that out.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Haters gonna hate. In the end, he has a dope house with exotic cars and connections to people we can dream of. And he is banging tons of hot girls in their 20s.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
But anyway in that video Tai just comes off as a cool dude where he usually comes off as some sleazy salesman.

Well, I tend to see it in a different light.

I feel the purpose of him making that video is to bring himself down to a more relatable level. He must have known that people are complaining about him, calling him a showoff and a fraud etc...

Thus, the need for this video to potray himself as a "humble, cool dude".

You can see this in the beginning of the video. Cody Ko and his friend "trespass" into Tai's home, got "caught" by Tai. But Tai, instead of taking out a gun to warn them or shout at them, is seen casually leaning against the door opening, with a drink in one hand (for added casual effect), looking chill and laid back, while he goes over to chat with the guys.

Now all those folks who are watching that video will be like " Wow, Tai is so chill man!" "Tai didn't even get angry with these guys, he's so humble AF!"

Of course, we all know the video is scripted, but either way, it still subtly conveys to the audience that he's an approachable and warm older brother, thus drawing even more fan rave and endearment to him.
The equivalent of this would be politicians carrying and kissing babies before elections.

Tai is a very intelligent guy who understands human psychology very well, and he's very good at manipulating them. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of his fans jizzed their pants everytime they watch his videos lol

Just my 2 cents. :smile:

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Well, I tend to see it in a different light.

I feel the purpose of him making that video is to bring himself down to a more relatable level. He must have known that people are complaining about him, calling him a showoff and a fraud etc...

Thus, the need for this video to potray himself as a "humble, cool dude".

You can see this in the beginning of the video. Cody Ko and his friend "trespass" into Tai's home, got "caught" by Tai. But Tai, instead of taking out a gun to warn them or shout at them, is seen casually leaning against the door opening, with a drink in one hand (for added casual effect), looking chill and laid back, while he goes over to chat with the guys.

Now all those folks who are watching that video will be like " Wow, Tai is so chill man!" "Tai didn't even get angry with these guys, he's so humble AF!"

Of course, we all know the video is scripted, but either way, it still subtly conveys to the audience that he's an approachable and warm older brother, thus drawing even more fan rave and endearment to him.
The equivalent of this would be politicians carrying and kissing babies before elections.

Tai is a very intelligent guy who understands human psychology very well, and he's very good at manipulating them. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of his fans jizzed their pants everytime they watch his videos lol

Just my 2 cents. :smile:
omg lol

yo we all know the first part of the video is scripted

i don’t even think they were trying to hide that fact

the part that shows him as being a cool regular dude is after that.. the part that’s NOT scripted, when he’s just bullshitting with hose guys and talking about books etc.. like 3:10 on

also a lot of people don’t know this but Cody graduated from Duke university

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
he knows that’s what’s going to get people to listen. .

we have to remember that most people are just average people who want to be entertained by gurus

this is the reality of life whether we like it or not. this is maths

i guess, this picture is probably right to some extent :

you get the idea anyway

audience.png

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
i never understood the psychology of paying thousands of dollars to a guru on the internet. I mean I like Tai. I think there is a lot of BS in there, but there is also a lot of value.
I just can't see how some dude out there on the net stumbles upon his stuff and says "yeah I got $2,500 to try out his program".
Maybe some shell out cash for the 67 thing he had going on. I dunno, maybe people aren't as frugal with their money as I am.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.