The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stuck with more books and podcasts rather than taking action..HELP!!!!!!!!!

Anything related to matters of the mind

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I have been following a lot of (CHARLATAN) gurus like Tom Bilyeu, Lewis Howes, Jay Shetty, etc for an unhealthy amount of time until December when I replaced following those gurus with Tim Ferriss, Jordan Harbinger, Jocko Willink,Gary Vaynerchuk Etc. Now, these guys aren't gurus and to be frank, their advice is quite useful sometimes(Tim Ferriss' Tools of Titans is an amazing book). But the problem is, I've been procrastinating too much, just to listen to their podcasts, watch their videos,etc without actually doing anything worthwhile. If I have any problem that I'm going through, I look through the internet rabbithole and search for solutions(in the form of podcasts, books, audiobooks etc) and have completely lost control over my independent thinking, to the point where I actually don't take any action. My plan for starting my own digital marketing agency has been on hold for a long time because of this. How do I stop looking for solutions elsewhere and get my thinking back on track? Any advice would be fine. Thank you in advance :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have been following a lot of (CHARLATAN) gurus like Tom Bilyeu, Lewis Howes, Jay Shetty, etc for an unhealthy amount of time until December when I replaced following those gurus with Tim Ferriss, Jordan Harbinger, Jocko Willink,Gary Vaynerchuk Etc. Now, these guys aren't gurus and to be frank, their advice is quite useful sometimes(Tim Ferriss' Tools of Titans is an amazing book). But the problem is, I've been procrastinating too much, just to listen to their podcasts, watch their videos,etc without actually doing anything worthwhile. If I have any problem that I'm going through, I look through the internet rabbithole and search for solutions(in the form of podcasts, books, audiobooks etc) and have completely lost control over my independent thinking, to the point where I actually don't take any action. My plan for starting my own digital marketing agency has been on hold for a long time because of this. How do I stop looking for solutions elsewhere and get my thinking back on track? Any advice would be fine. Thank you in advance :)
“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

Your job is to be a producer not a consumer.

At the risk of giving you more to consume:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@random_9492

A good step to moving from team consumer to team producer is to reply to responses, give feedback, ask questions, offer support, help folks, give thanks, expand on replies, etc. Kind of how you’d do when chatting to someone.

I’m curious if you checked out any of the links above. If you did, then what were your takeaways? What will you do different?

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
@random_9492

A good step to moving from team consumer to team producer is to reply to responses, give feedback, ask questions, offer support, help folks, give thanks, expand on replies, etc. Kind of how you’d do when chatting to someone.

I’m curious if you checked out any of the links above. If you did, then what were your takeaways? What will you do different?
I have to be honest here, the biggest takeaway from all the articles that you mentioned was the fact that I don't need to know my business top to bottom( I mean, sure I need to know some basics at least to get started). You just have to be looking for opportunities actively instead of HOPING something would fall of the wagon, directly into your lap. You have to be putting in the work, and at least give your business a start, and learn and go deeper, along the way as you scale your business. Thanks Andy, your reply has provided some perspective on what I should(and shouldn't) be doing. :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have to be honest here, the biggest takeaway from all the articles that you mentioned was the fact that I don't need to know my business top to bottom( I mean, sure I need to know some basics at least to get started). You just have to be looking for opportunities actively instead of HOPING something would fall of the wagon, directly into your lap. You have to be putting in the work, and at least give your business a start, and learn and go deeper, along the way as you scale your business. Thanks Andy, your reply has provided some perspective on what I should(and shouldn't) be doing. :)
Just remember:

“Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don’t have.”

Solve the first thing first.

Who will you help this week?

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
I like what Alex Hormozi say's. He doesn't read lots of books, he reads the same book lots of time.

You won't get the same information you need from 1 person, but we can break down what information we are receiving.

For example I listen to Brad Lea, Ed Mylett, Alex Hormozi, and Ryan Daniel Moran.

The books I read are (business-wise) are MJ's and Dotcom Secrets.

Brad Lea & Ed Mylett I kinda use for entrepreneurial entertainment. Alex I use to get frameworks and insights into building a big empire. Ryan I get blueprints and actionable steps to getting to 6 & 7 figures. MJ's books (TMFL) I get the valuable CENTS framework and Unscripted I get a mixture of entrepreneurial entertainment, mindset, and how to build a brand not a business and a similar to why I listen to Ryan. The great rat race escape is motivational and again used for entrepreneurial entertainment and actionable steps. Dotcom secrets I get even granular with actionable steps towards the marketing, leadership and traffic side of business.

So when I mash them all together I get what I need and understand the importance of all of them to me.

I've also noticed with this strategy that information seems to flow into perfect sync. Like Brad Lea will say the same shit Alex does and Alex says the same shit MJ does and MJ says the same shit Russell says etc

I don't advise listening to too many people, it's a waste of mental ram and you naturally avoid going deeper with just a few people.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
It's very simple. Close the book. Turn off your computer. Pick up your pencil and write down your first baby step to start your business. Lay down your pencil. Go do your first baby step. Sit down. Pick up your pencil. Write down your second baby step. Lay down your pencil. Go do your second baby step. Sit down. Pick up your pencil. Write down your third step. Lay down your pencil. Go do your third baby step... I think you can get the idea... It is just that simple!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.