The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Stuck with more books and podcasts rather than taking action..HELP!!!!!!!!!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

random_9492

Contributor
Jan 2, 2021
I have been following a lot of (CHARLATAN) gurus like Tom Bilyeu, Lewis Howes, Jay Shetty, etc for an unhealthy amount of time until December when I replaced following those gurus with Tim Ferriss, Jordan Harbinger, Jocko Willink,Gary Vaynerchuk Etc. Now, these guys aren't gurus and to be frank, their advice is quite useful sometimes(Tim Ferriss' Tools of Titans is an amazing book). But the problem is, I've been procrastinating too much, just to listen to their podcasts, watch their videos,etc without actually doing anything worthwhile. If I have any problem that I'm going through, I look through the internet rabbithole and search for solutions(in the form of podcasts, books, audiobooks etc) and have completely lost control over my independent thinking, to the point where I actually don't take any action. My plan for starting my own digital marketing agency has been on hold for a long time because of this. How do I stop looking for solutions elsewhere and get my thinking back on track? Any advice would be fine. Thank you in advance :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, Husband, Inbound Marketeer
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have been following a lot of (CHARLATAN) gurus like Tom Bilyeu, Lewis Howes, Jay Shetty, etc for an unhealthy amount of time until December when I replaced following those gurus with Tim Ferriss, Jordan Harbinger, Jocko Willink,Gary Vaynerchuk Etc. Now, these guys aren't gurus and to be frank, their advice is quite useful sometimes(Tim Ferriss' Tools of Titans is an amazing book). But the problem is, I've been procrastinating too much, just to listen to their podcasts, watch their videos,etc without actually doing anything worthwhile. If I have any problem that I'm going through, I look through the internet rabbithole and search for solutions(in the form of podcasts, books, audiobooks etc) and have completely lost control over my independent thinking, to the point where I actually don't take any action. My plan for starting my own digital marketing agency has been on hold for a long time because of this. How do I stop looking for solutions elsewhere and get my thinking back on track? Any advice would be fine. Thank you in advance :)
“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

Your job is to be a producer not a consumer.

At the risk of giving you more to consume:

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@random_9492

A good step to moving from team consumer to team producer is to reply to responses, give feedback, ask questions, offer support, help folks, give thanks, expand on replies, etc. Kind of how you’d do when chatting to someone.

I’m curious if you checked out any of the links above. If you did, then what were your takeaways? What will you do different?

random_9492

Contributor
Jan 2, 2021
@random_9492

A good step to moving from team consumer to team producer is to reply to responses, give feedback, ask questions, offer support, help folks, give thanks, expand on replies, etc. Kind of how you’d do when chatting to someone.

I’m curious if you checked out any of the links above. If you did, then what were your takeaways? What will you do different?
I have to be honest here, the biggest takeaway from all the articles that you mentioned was the fact that I don't need to know my business top to bottom( I mean, sure I need to know some basics at least to get started). You just have to be looking for opportunities actively instead of HOPING something would fall of the wagon, directly into your lap. You have to be putting in the work, and at least give your business a start, and learn and go deeper, along the way as you scale your business. Thanks Andy, your reply has provided some perspective on what I should(and shouldn't) be doing. :)

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have to be honest here, the biggest takeaway from all the articles that you mentioned was the fact that I don't need to know my business top to bottom( I mean, sure I need to know some basics at least to get started). You just have to be looking for opportunities actively instead of HOPING something would fall of the wagon, directly into your lap. You have to be putting in the work, and at least give your business a start, and learn and go deeper, along the way as you scale your business. Thanks Andy, your reply has provided some perspective on what I should(and shouldn't) be doing. :)
Just remember:

“Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don’t have.”

Solve the first thing first.

Who will you help this week?

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom