The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rising from the Ashes: A Third World Teen's Pursuit of the American Dream (Seeking Guidance)

itsjun

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 9, 2022
Context: Over the past two years, I have worked hard to secure a full scholarship at a university in the USA, which is extremely difficult for international students as many universities do not offer financial aid. I will be studying Economics.

Goal: I aim to accumulate capital and eventually establish my own business or invest in small startups. To achieve this, I plan to join the Rat Race for a brief period, securing a high-paying job after graduation and working in a company there for 3–4 years. During that time, I aim to live frugally and save as much of my earnings as possible to build up the necessary capital.

You might wonder why I am not taking the FASTLANE approach and starting small businesses immediately. The reason is that I want to fully take advantage of my university experience, which I can do at a much lower cost due to my scholarship. I want to network, develop life skills, and challenge myself, and I believe that university is the ideal place to do so.

Problem #1: I had intended to run a business while studying, but I have discovered that my F1 visa prohibits international students from working off-campus or being self-employed. The options for F1 visa holders to earn money are limited to on-campus jobs, which pay around $7–$8 per hour and have weekly hour restrictions. After taxes, there is not much left for me to cover my living expenses. My parents will be paying for my living expenses, but I want to do my best to reduce their expenses. My primary focus remains academic success and building connections––networking at different conferences, but I also want to learn as much as possible about doing business while in college.

What steps can I take to earn more money during my college years? Is it feasible to register an LLC in another country and use their payment system? I believe it is legal, but I am uncertain if it is a viable solution.

I am new to these matters, so I would appreciate any advice you may have. Please also suggest ways to make my goal more attainable.

Thank you so much for reading.
Sincerely,
An ambitious kid

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
I think your solution is viable.

Since you seem hesitant about your own creative solution, set upon excelling in education, and then working a career to save up capital -- I'd advice not to lean too much on this 'defensive' / 'safe' path, versus taking some risk, being offensive, believing in yourself, testing your ideas etc.

You may be overestimating the amount of capital needed to start your business. If you toil for capital, you may find that when you have it, you will be scared of losing it. It will be easier to just continue the slow accumulation. If you can't deploy $1000 in a profitable way, how will you be able to deploy a much greater sum?

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I think your solution is viable.

Since you seem hesitant about your own creative solution, set upon excelling in education, and then working a career to save up capital -- I'd advice not to lean too much on this 'defensive' / 'safe' path, versus taking some risk, being offensive, believing in yourself, testing your ideas etc.

You may be overestimating the amount of capital needed to start your business. If you toil for capital, you may find that when you have it, you will be scared of losing it. It will be easier to just continue the slow accumulation. If you can't deploy $1000 in a profitable way, how will you be able to deploy a much greater sum?
This sounds like AI or am I been paranoid? I ran this text through an AI classifier and it says it's most likely AI generated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...