The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rant: I'm Tired of Recruiters, Applications, Interviews

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
My origin story into the FastLane forum (INTRO - Underemployed Dropout That Never Quite Fit In (Did I Mention That I Was Diagnosed with MS?)...And Even More Fun )...I'll wait because it's an essay....

But in my move back to Atlanta...I've been through so many applications, interviews, assessments, recruiters (I get like 20-30 emails and texts) that I am tired of the process.

Yes, I got hired and finishing up the process with 2 of the 4 jobs I was hired for...but I'm just sickened of the process. I'm trying not to, but I'm getting more and more rude to recruiters because they had spinning around in circles for the "job that is a perfect fit". I'm getting tired of the same interview questions. I'm getting tired of seeing the fake "employment culture" pages...It's just tiring, frustrated, and exhausting

A part of me will probably go back to Indeed until I complete the hiring process for two of the jobs (though I'm not thrilled with any of the jobs), but a larger part of me just wants to quit, never apply again, and just build my own business.

I know that is rash and I only fit the "customer service" for most employers (even though I can do a lot more) as an almost graduated college dropout (120 of 125 credits) with call center, writing, and technical support experience....but the things that have happened to me over the last 2 years (4 layoffs, etc.) have really undermined my confidence in the job market...even if it's just a temporary ride

Hence "Fastlane".....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My origin story into the FastLane forum (INTRO - Underemployed Dropout That Never Quite Fit In (Did I Mention That I Was Diagnosed with MS?)...And Even More Fun )...I'll wait because it's an essay....

But in my move back to Atlanta...I've been through so many applications, interviews, assessments, recruiters (I get like 20-30 emails and texts) that I am tired of the process.

Yes, I got hired and finishing up the process with 2 of the 4 jobs I was hired for...but I'm just sickened of the process. I'm trying not to, but I'm getting more and more rude to recruiters because they had spinning around in circles for the "job that is a perfect fit". I'm getting tired of the same interview questions. I'm getting tired of seeing the fake "employment culture" pages...It's just tiring, frustrated, and exhausting

A part of me will probably go back to Indeed until I complete the hiring process for two of the jobs (though I'm not thrilled with any of the jobs), but a larger part of me just wants to quit, never apply again, and just build my own business.

I know that is rash and I only fit the "customer service" for most employers (even though I can do a lot more) as an almost graduated college dropout (120 of 125 credits) with call center, writing, and technical support experience....but the things that have happened to me over the last 2 years (4 layoffs, etc.) have really undermined my confidence in the job market...even if it's just a temporary ride

Hence "Fastlane".....
What about contracting or freelancing? I used to live interviews and doing 3-18 month gigs.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
What about contracting or freelancing? I used to live interviews and doing 3-18 month gigs.
I've freelanced ever since 2011 when I stumbled online and just started doing surveys and lucked up and got a gig on Upwork and some content mills. Some of those opportunities turned into longer opportunities (6 months). I also did contract work in Atlanta (the first time, before MS).

I currently "gig", but am looking to become a grown up freelancer.

Definitely open to contracting work

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've freelanced ever since 2011 when I stumbled online and just started doing surveys and lucked up and got a gig on Upwork and some content mills. Some of those opportunities turned into longer opportunities (6 months). I also did contract work in Atlanta (the first time, before MS).

I currently "gig", but am looking to become a grown up freelancer.

Definitely open to contracting work
I used to love* interviews.

Anyway, maybe this might help:
And the inbound/sales thread in my signature.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.