The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’m tired of people

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

future8938

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 6, 2020
I’m tired of being so alone in my mindset of winning and getting what I want. My old peers from hs have all given up on their dreams. I feel so alone honestly. I guess this is why they say it’s lonely at the top. Where do you guys meet like minded people addicted to where their going in life and not satisfied with their life and want more? I’m tired of friends Turnint into haters when I’m doing better than them or flakey people not serious about their goals. God F*ck this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
I’m tired of being so alone in my mindset of winning and getting what I want. My old peers from hs have all given up on their dreams. I feel so alone honestly. I guess this is why they say it’s lonely at the top. Where do you guys meet like minded people addicted to where their going in life and not satisfied with their life and want more? I’m tired of friends Turnint into haters when I’m doing better than them or flakey people not serious about their goals. God f*ck this
I've had the same problem, it is lonely as you say. Every once in a while I wonder that instead of worrying about a business problem, I could be chilling out getting drunk with old school friends if I hadn't moved away and essentially cut contact with them. Deep down there's no doubt that it was the right decision though.

When I started out I thought that networking events would be a good place to meet like minded people but I found they were full of people trying to sell you something. It's the same with Linkedin.

I started renting a warehouse for my business a few years ago and have become great friends with 2 neighbours on the same industrial estate. They both run their own businesses and have a similar mindset to me. I think a key reason we've become friends is that I'm not trying to sell them something and vice versa. Instead it begun when we started doing favours for each other (you scratch my back, I scratch yours). I've met a couple of people on (free) business courses too who have become good mates.

All of them are much more reliable than my old school friends and I have a lot more in common with them. They've given me a lot of business wisdom and we've helped each other out staying up to date with coronavirus restrictions and finding opportunities. While it is a small support group, as time goes by I'll meet more people.

I don't know what your situation is like but I bet there are business owners local to you that you would get on well with. Networking can be useful - rather than networking events you could join a local business group, chamber of commerce or attend courses (find free courses or business support that may be run by your local government). I joined a local mastermind group for a while but felt like it wasn't for me but others might suggest this is another way of meeting people. Also, my friends are much older than me. I find that I have more in common with people older than me. Hope these suggestions help.

Last edited:

MaxinVegas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 3, 2018
Sin City, NV
Go find business owners and gather where they gather...they tend to congregate together. Take a job working for them, even if for the social interaction.

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
This forum is a good start and online there are communities of entrepreneurs.

Face to face instead I think your best options are
- meetup groups and gathering
- entrepreneurs workshop
- personal and business development intensive courses

If you are in a not highly populated area of course it is harder than in a big city

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ferrari track days are usually a good bet or at the yacht repair shop

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.