The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey of running a B2B Agency

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Kaiwentsolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 15, 2023
So in my last post, which was months back, I mentioned being in a group of other high schoolers with the same mindset of achieving freedom in life through providing value. So one friend and I have started a b2b agency that is focused on helping smaller businesses. I've had to discuss with him that we're trying to show how much value we can provide to the market, and that this isn't entirely about the zeros that we can earn. The definite hard part will be trying to stand out, but after reading Unscripted . I'm prepared.

Currently we're in the process of making our cold email and calling scripts. I took the initiative to call a small gym after a small panic attack from fear of messing up. The call ended up not getting answered, I plan on trying again tomorrow. My friend and I plan on calling tonight to discuss the process of us calling small companies and businesses to ask what problems they may have besides marketing.

That's all for now, see you next time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

larryous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 12, 2021
If you have a hypothesis to start with, these businesses may be more inclined to share their struggles if you have something specific to reference. Start with an assumption - their software is outdated, they don't engage with their social media, or they manage their own bookkeeping. You can then open up the conversation and they can either agree with you and confirm that's their problem, or they'll disagree and say they're doing fine and instead are struggling with something else.

The first couple cold calls will typically feel like nervous rambling for anyone. Do your best to speak slowly and clearly! It gets easier once you can get a feel for how these prospects react and reply to your script.

Enjoy the process and let us know how things go!

Kaiwentsolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 15, 2023
If you have a hypothesis to start with, these businesses may be more inclined to share their struggles if you have something specific to reference. Start with an assumption - their software is outdated, they don't engage with their social media, or they manage their own bookkeeping. You can then open up the conversation and they can either agree with you and confirm that's their problem, or they'll disagree and say they're doing fine and instead are struggling with something else.

The first couple cold calls will typically feel like nervous rambling for anyone. Do your best to speak slowly and clearly! It gets easier once you can get a feel for how these prospects react and reply to your script.

Enjoy the process and let us know how things go!
I'll try for minimum a weekly post on how things are going. Thank you for the advice on assuming possible solutions to struggles they may need help with.

Kaiwentsolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 15, 2023
Unfortunately my partner got into an accident. But I have finished a good comfortable script to start calling more businesses asking for problems, or challenges they face that they wished they had fixed.

I'm still having some trouble finding a niche, but I think that will come along the way when it does.

Kaiwentsolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 15, 2023
Alright, apologies for the long break. The ending of the school is nothing but rough. But I've started the makings of my own idea aside from the one I'm helping my friend with.

Mine is going to help out cafes, especially smaller ones. With specific problems that I've learned through studying the market as MJ tells us to in Unscripted . In the future, maybe expanding outside of cafes to other types of businesses with the same problems could yield more solutions to more people. I think it's a good idea especially since it has some scalability.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Alright, apologies for the long break. The ending of the school is nothing but rough. But I've started the makings of my own idea aside from the one I'm helping my friend with.

Mine is going to help out cafes, especially smaller ones. With specific problems that I've learned through studying the market as MJ tells us to in Unscripted . In the future, maybe expanding outside of cafes to other types of businesses with the same problems could yield more solutions to more people. I think it's a good idea especially since it has some scalability.
What are you going to help cafes with?

Kaiwentsolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 15, 2023
What are you going to help cafes with?
With collaboration with nearby businesses, hotels, or offices to provide exclusive offers, discounts, or cross-promotion opportunities. Hopefully I could work with bigger companies in the future, but I'll stay focused on building the small stuff first.

Kaiwentsolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 15, 2023
It's been a while again, but I am committed to at least returning consistently.

So far it's been setting calls by sending an email first. It helps me to get in touch with the owners especially if I call and say that it's about an email that was sent to them last week. (Little tip for those who are also calling, and don't know that already).

The idea right now is just to ask if any of the business's I'm reaching out to are interested in the service. Then once I have the right image of how many people actually need the assistance with the problem. I'll go off from there onto my next steps.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.