The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Intro- Employed in a Job I Hated To My Exit To Freedom!

Lynx1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 31, 2023
Hi Everyone! Firstly, thanks to MJ and to all of the contributors who make it a great place to share ideas and experiences. I would like to share my story (so far) with you all. By no means am I already in the Fastlane, but at least I'm not on the sidewalk anymore. My husband and I have our own business supplying doors (yes, you heard that right, doors!). It's not something I had ever imagined doing even a few years ago. Our company is 2 years old and we turned over 250k in our second tax year, forecast to turnover a minimum of £500-£600 k in current year. While this is definitely not Fastlane living, we are so thankful that we no longer have a boss and this has given us freedom we never had before. We are able to work from anywhere in the world and we sometimes do (we have school age children so we are limited to term ends and summer). Work doesn't feel like work at all- we wake up excited and the Friday feeling is a thing of the past!

Let's rewind 2 years. We both worked in sales and hated our jobs. It was unfulfilling and stressful. For me, it was a toxic environment full of over inflated egos and unrealistic demands. Everyday passing day seemed like our lives were wasting away. We were working ourselves to death or at least it felt that way. Even on a "good" salary, money was tight (cost of living in the UK and crippling personal taxes mean that a lot of your take home pay is gone before you've seen it). We started the business while both still employed. By the next year I was fired from my job as I had been caught out (I laughed my way out of that meeting). Let me tell you- being fired never felt so good! Apparently, having dreams and aspirations were in breach of my contract (they want you on the sidewalk, and they want to keep you there). My husband quit his job shortly after.

We set the business up with around £500. I learned to build a website and SEO. We studied the trends, the market and laws around building regulations- just to mention a few things among many many others. Not coming from the industry meant that essentially we needed to learn everything from scratch and we're still on that journey. It has really made me think! For so many years I was torturing myself, trying to think of something unique, which hadn't been done before. My experience could not be further from the truth. Actually what we needed to do something that was already being done, just do it better! Now were exploring possibilities of scaling the business and take this to the next level.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading through the posts in this forum

A

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, great introduction and story of unfolding success! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on paving your own path.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...