The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Landing Page - What we need to know

Rudgerus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 28, 2020
Germany
Hi Guys

It’s my second post on this forum so hello!

I’m thinking about my own business and I’ve been reading a lot about Landing pages. I have to admit that I read a lot about Robinhood and Harry’s landing pages in the past which were a huuuge success!

I tried to read more about it and here is what I learned so far

Feel free to add something, what worked for you, your ideas or what I forgot to mention about!

1. How landing page should look?
  • Should be simple (around 3 colors)
  • High quality graphic
  • Should have links to your Instagram or Facebook
  1. What it should contain?
  • CTA (ex. Leave your email to have an early access to additional bonus, of 10 % discount etc) Here stuff like MailCheat(Chimp) should work, I heard its enough to start!
  • VIDEO – its really important to have a video on your landing page where you explain your idea or how your business solves a problem. It should be around 60 seconds long. It can be animated video or it can be you. Public Goods had a guy just sitting on a sofa explaining his idea!
  • Create a Referral program! – This is the most important step (in my opinion). You can gather a lot of emails or already customers, exited to buy your product before you start! I read a lot about Harry’s or Robinhood. They nailed it! You can prepare it in 2 ways
  • Discount to your product for X referred users
  • Free product for X referred users
  • If you have other ideas, please let us know J
I heard Viral Loops is pretty good to start with referral program. If you have other favorite programs, let us know J

• Make it simple. Just space for an email is fine. You can add name if you want, but its not mandatory.
  • Add a thank you message
  • Hire some influencers. It’s a good idea to start things moving. They can me small influencers. Like 5-7k and see where things are going. Offer them a free product or a discount. Small influencers will cooperate cuz they are too small to be picky. Especially if you target customers from local community, influencers are pretty good!
  • If they like you on Facebook, let them know about cool discounts or make them excited via messenger. Maybe something like “Only 5 days left and we are going live, check out our updates” I’m not saying this message is perfect, just an idea of messenger is pretty cool

Here is my list. What do you think guys?

I haven’t tested it yet. I want to have a landing page for my business in May. Hopefully virus won’t messed up my plans!

If you have experience with a landing page, have an ideas, you know what worked for you or know websites that can help, please share! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
You're way to deep into thinking about actual tactics instead of getting to know the needs and desires of your sites visitors (at least that seems to be the case).

No one would opt in their email if the product isn't what they need or if the landing page isn't able to convey in a meaningful way how the product or service improves the "life" of the customer.

Don't think about actual tactics for now. Get an understanding on how you can convey your most compelling benefits -- and in which way.

Just wanted to give you heads up in case if this is your first "landing page" and to save you time and money from running in the wrong direction.

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
My only suggestion is measure, measure, measure and test, test, test! Think of your landing page as an active experiment, come up with hypotheses, and constantly evolve your landing page. Use an A/B tool or a landing page tool that comes with A/B testing built in. Good luck!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Nice list, thanks for sharing it!

Combine it closely with what r6203 said.

Will give it a try, too.

Rudgerus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 28, 2020
Germany
You're way to deep into thinking about actual tactics instead of getting to know the needs and desires of your sites visitors (at least that seems to be the case).

No one would opt in their email if the product isn't what they need or if the landing page isn't able to convey in a meaningful way how the product or service improves the "life" of the customer.

Don't think about actual tactics for now. Get an understanding on how you can convey your most compelling benefits -- and in which way.

Just wanted to give you heads up in case if this is your first "landing page" and to save you time and money from running in the wrong direction.

Thanks for the comment!
You're right. I wanna make it sooo good, that I'm actually overthinking...

I have to tell the people how its gonna improve their life or make the life easy!
But here comes to 1 of the feature that I mentioned.
Videos - Its a great way to convince the customer, in 60 seconds how it will help them.
Good point, thanks!

Rudgerus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 28, 2020
Germany
My only suggestion is measure, measure, measure and test, test, test! Think of your landing page as an active experiment, come up with hypotheses, and constantly evolve your landing page. Use an A/B tool or a landing page tool that comes with A/B testing built in. Good luck!

Thanks!
I didn't think about it. I mean, I would ask for opinions about my my landing page, but I didn't know A/B tool exists.
Much appreciated!

Rudgerus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 28, 2020
Germany

Thanks Andy!
I saw and I read this thread before and its super useful.
Definitely I'm gonna study it more before I'll go live.

The reason why I created this thread is to focus more on technical aspect of the landing page.
Like you said, landing page doesn't convert, but we can use some tools to make it look better, or we have to keep in mind about do's and don'ts .

Thanks!
Adam

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks Andy!
I saw and I read this thread before and its super useful.
Definitely I'm gonna study it more before I'll go live.

The reason why I created this thread is to focus more on technical aspect of the landing page.
Like you said, landing page doesn't convert, but we can use some tools to make it look better, or we have to keep in mind about do's and don'ts .

Thanks!
Adam
My suggestion is to start by getting people who want to buy to the page and then get out of their way (have as little as possible on the page).

MarkT525

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 16, 2020
Landing pages imply a lot of stuff that's already been done before you create a landing page.

1. Market Research - will someone buy it?
2. Knowing who you re selling to. Be very specific and create a customer avatar. You need to understand a lot about them before you can effectively create a landing page that speaks to them. Be specific.
3. Make sure you know your numbers and what you need to do to cover all costs.
4. If you are trying to get a name and email, do you have something directly related to your product/service that they will find valuable enough to give you that information? This is your lead magnet.
5. If you are collecting emails for remarketing, do you have an autoresponder with emails set up ready to go? Note that these should be valuable content/stories as well as offers.

This is just scratching the surface, but its something to be aware of. I'm not sure how much of this you have thought out, and it may not all be needed.

Mark

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.