The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Advice: Best Keyword Evaluation Strategy for SaaS Landing Page

Marketing, social media, advertising

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 5, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'm in the early stages of developing a SaaS product and I'm eager to validate my idea before diving into development. I'm currently exploring the best approach to drive traffic to my landing page and gather meaningful insights. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding how to evaluate and select the most effective keywords to target for this purpose.

A little context: I already have a good understanding of my target audience, and I'll be primarily targeting users in Colombia and Argentina.

Here are a few questions I have:

1. What tools or methods do you recommend for keyword research and analysis?
  2. How can I identify high-potential keywords that are relevant to my SaaS product and audience in these specific countries?
  3. Should I prioritize long-tail keywords over broader terms, or vice versa, considering the cultural and linguistic differences in Colombia and Argentina?
  4. Are there any specific metrics or indicators I should focus on when evaluating keyword competitiveness and potential traffic in these countries?
  5. Any tips or best practices for optimizing keyword selection for a SaaS landing page, given my knowledge of the audience and target countries?
Additionally, I'm planning to launch a Google Ads campaign for a week to test the waters. My goal is to attract 20-30 users to click on a fake purchase button on the landing page. Do you have any recommendations on how I can achieve this within the specified timeframe and with the chosen keywords?

I'd greatly appreciate any insights, experiences, or advice you can share. Thanks in advance for your help! @Andy Black

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey everyone,

I'm in the early stages of developing a SaaS product and I'm eager to validate my idea before diving into development. I'm currently exploring the best approach to drive traffic to my landing page and gather meaningful insights. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding how to evaluate and select the most effective keywords to target for this purpose.

A little context: I already have a good understanding of my target audience, and I'll be primarily targeting users in Colombia and Argentina.

Here are a few questions I have:

1. What tools or methods do you recommend for keyword research and analysis?
  2. How can I identify high-potential keywords that are relevant to my SaaS product and audience in these specific countries?
  3. Should I prioritize long-tail keywords over broader terms, or vice versa, considering the cultural and linguistic differences in Colombia and Argentina?
  4. Are there any specific metrics or indicators I should focus on when evaluating keyword competitiveness and potential traffic in these countries?
  5. Any tips or best practices for optimizing keyword selection for a SaaS landing page, given my knowledge of the audience and target countries?
Additionally, I'm planning to launch a Google Ads campaign for a week to test the waters. My goal is to attract 20-30 users to click on a fake purchase button on the landing page. Do you have any recommendations on how I can achieve this within the specified timeframe and with the chosen keywords?

I'd greatly appreciate any insights, experiences, or advice you can share. Thanks in advance for your help! @Andy Black
Do keyword research with the Google Keyword Planner, then load up campaigns with a shared budget of, say, $5/day. Get started and you'll start getting answers to your questions.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 5, 2019
Do keyword research with the Google Keyword Planner, then load up campaigns with a shared budget of, say, $5/day. Get started and you'll start getting answers to your questions.
Thanks a lot! So at the end what I need is just to follow your video on your YouTube channel having the title "how to quickly test ideas...".

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks a lot! So at the end what I need is just to follow your video on your YouTube channel having the title "how to quickly test ideas...".
Sure, and there's a few keyword research videos on my channel, and loads on YouTube itself.

Sounds like this 90 min workshop I did might help you too:

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 5, 2019
Sure, and there's a few keyword research videos on my channel, and loads on YouTube itself.

Sounds like this 90 min workshop I did might help you too:

Thanks, I'm planning to study all of them in the next week. I've few questions:
- You suggest me to run a campaign in order to understand what keywords work better and so on. Is not possible to know the answer before running the campaign? What's the purpose of the metrics in the keyword planner so?
- Do you have any recommendations about the tools to use for the design of the landing page, to get user email and to monitor the number of visitors and clicks on a specific button?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You suggest me to run a campaign in order to understand what keywords work better and so on. Is not possible to know the answer before running the campaign? What's the purpose of the metrics in the keyword planner so?
Metrics give you estimates, but so what? You've got to run campaigns to find out how campaigns will run.

Do you have any recommendations about the tools to use for the design of the landing page, to get user email and to monitor the number of visitors and clicks on a specific button?
No recommendations for tools for the landing page. Track people clicking the button, and track people sending an enquiry.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 5, 2019
Metrics give you estimates, but so what? You've got to run campaigns to find out how campaigns will run.

No recommendations for tools for the landing page. Track people clicking the button, and track people sending an enquiry.

What I mean is: if I already know that there is very low traffic for a set of search terms, maybe it doesn't make any sense to run a campaign using them. So the question is: what are the metrics related to the keywords to look at before running a campaign in order to avoid wasting money since they will fail 90/100% of times?

Thanks for the support by the way :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What I mean is: if I already know that there is very low traffic for a set of search terms, maybe it doesn't make any sense to run a campaign using them. So the question is: what are the metrics related to the keywords to look at before running a campaign in order to avoid wasting money since they will fail 90/100% of times?

Thanks for the support by the way :)
You won't waste money on ads if no-one searches.

I use the keyword planner to find out how people search, and to get an indication of volumes and CPCs. I then load campaigns to get actual data.

You can try to model what volume you'll get, or you can load campaigns and *see* what volume you get.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 5, 2019
You won't waste money on ads if no-one searches.

I use the keyword planner to find out how people search, and to get an indication of volumes and CPCs. I then load campaigns to get actual data.

You can try to model what volume you'll get, or you can load campaigns and *see* what volume you get.
OH thank you very much and sorry for my silly questions, it's just the first time I approach this topic. Thanks and just for you to know, I share your webpage and YouTube channel with some of my friends in Italy.

PS: I just noticed that we're connected on LinkedIn

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.