The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In need of some tough love

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
When I joined this forum, I found a thread with a link for a personality test on 16personalities.com and found out that I am an ENTP. I didn't go further besides reading the info on that website. Last couple of days I noticed that @Mattie knows quite some stuff about personalities so I asked her and she gave me a couple of links to books and articles about ENTPs.

I found also some funny things like ENTP problems and one of them is as follows: "You go on your laptop to check your email. You read one email. 3 hours later your email tab is still open alongside 15 others. Your email still hasn't been fully checked but you now know 4 new Portuguese words and have 20 additional books added to your reading list."

Right now, I have two different instances of Google Chrome, with 8-9 tabs each, 4 books next to me, 6 books on my desktop, Android Studio opened, 7 Excel sheets with ideas, resources, websites etc. I multitask often as possible but this has led me to think about it profoundly. I can't do one thing and that thing only. When I do dishes, I listen to a podcast or watch something on my cellphone next to me. When I was in college, I used to watch a movie while studying. I eat only if I have something productive to do at the same time. While this can be good, it can be pretty bad also. I have certain knowledge and interest in writing, psychology, Photoshop, different programming languages like Java, C#, VB, PHP, mobile development, website building, hacking and I tried a lot of things; martial arts, dance, photography, just to name a few but I mastered nothing. My problem is not that I am not doing, it's that I'm overdoing it. That's why we start a lot of things, but don't finish them; we want to do everything.

I never had a startup business, I have no experience. So if I start 3 things at the same time, I am destined to fail. I just can't seem to pick ONE idea and proceed with it. Need some advice and you as a community give very useful advice to everyone, from beginners to experts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When I joined this forum, I found a thread with a link for a personality test on 16personalities.com and found out that I am an ENTP. I didn't go further besides reading the info on that website. Last couple of days I noticed that @Mattie knows quite some stuff about personalities so I asked her and she gave me a couple of links to books and articles about ENTPs.

I found also some funny things like ENTP problems and one of them is as follows: "You go on your laptop to check your email. You read one email. 3 hours later your email tab is still open alongside 15 others. Your email still hasn't been fully checked but you now know 4 new Portuguese words and have 20 additional books added to your reading list."

Right now, I have two different instances of Google Chrome, with 8-9 tabs each, 4 books next to me, 6 books on my desktop, Android Studio opened, 7 Excel sheets with ideas, resources, websites etc. I multitask often as possible but this has led me to think about it profoundly. I can't do one thing and that thing only. When I do dishes, I listen to a podcast or watch something on my cellphone next to me. When I was in college, I used to watch a movie while studying. I eat only if I have something productive to do at the same time. While this can be good, it can be pretty bad also. I have certain knowledge and interest in writing, psychology, Photoshop, different programming languages like Java, C#, VB, PHP, mobile development, website building, hacking and I tried a lot of things; martial arts, dance, photography, just to name a few but I mastered nothing. My problem is not that I am not doing, it's that I'm overdoing it. That's why we start a lot of things, but don't finish them; we want to do everything.

I never had a startup business, I have no experience. So if I start 3 things at the same time, I am destined to fail. I just can't seem to pick ONE idea and proceed with it. Need some advice and you as a community give very useful advice to everyone, from beginners to experts.

You've spent a lot of time understanding your strengths and weaknesses, but seemingly no time playing your strengths and more importantly mitigating your weaknesses.

I equate your post to someone who has studied for 2,000 hours about entrepreneurship, but never done a damn thing with what they learned. The information is only valuable if it is backed in action. In your case, you shouldn't read another single thing about ENTP. You know what it is now. You know where you excel, and where you don't. Now you have to do something. Now you have to stop reading, and start doing.

Stop using "we" to describe yourself as part of a larger group. You're just giving yourself excuses, and room to continue. You're giving yourself permission and cover. It's YOU, not YOU and other people like you. For all you know, they've solved the riddle and you haven't. They've overcome the shortcomings, and you haven't. Seemingly you give yourself permission to use the ENTP as a reason that you don't get the shit done that you want to get done. You shouldn't find comfort in the diagnosis, as the diagnosis and the cure are two different things.

Why are you here? (This is not a rhetorical question... it is a serious question.) Why are you here?

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
You've spent a lot of time understanding your strengths and weaknesses, but seemingly no time playing your strengths and more importantly mitigating your weaknesses.

I equate your post to someone who has studied for 2,000 hours about entrepreneurship, but never done a damn thing with what they learned. The information is only valuable if it is backed in action. In your case, you shouldn't read another single thing about ENTP. You know what it is now. You know where you excel, and where you don't. Now you have to do something. Now you have to stop reading, and start doing.

Why are you here? (This is not a rhetorical question... it is a serious question.) Why are you here?

I did read and study quite a lot since I joined since I didn't know a thing. Then I decided to take action, I started creating an app, but then switched to a website, then to another app so I'm currently designing 3 different things and I want to drop two of them but having trouble dropping, that is why I created this post. And I am reading at the same time since all of my free time goes into this (I have no girlfriend, stopped going out and have only small circle of good friends I want to spend time with)

I am here to learn, to contribute, to find like-minded people, to read about truly impressive experiences, struggles and human strength, to ask for advice, to start a business and then one day hopefully share my practical knowledge and experience with others who will be needing help, like you guys do. Why do you ask?

Konilim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Aug 19, 2015
Stop using "we" to describe yourself as part of a larger group.

Agree. The people who find it easier to motivate themselves and get up in the morning are the people who got up yesterday. Finding your personality type is like visiting a cold reader, dangerous and stupid.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Stop using "we" to describe yourself as part of a larger group.

Agree. The people who find it easier to motivate themselves and get up in the morning are the people who got up yesterday. Finding your personality type is like visiting a cold reader, dangerous and stupid.

We as in ENTPs. I have no problems with motivation. My personality type says a lot about me. I just reflect on it and my experiences and see how I can better myself.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I did read and study quite a lot since I joined since I didn't know a thing. Then I decided to take action, I started creating an app, but then switched to a website, then to another app so I'm currently designing 3 different things and I want to drop two of them but having trouble dropping, that is why I created this post. And I am reading at the same time since all of my free time goes into this (I have no girlfriend, stopped going out and have only small circle of good friends I want to spend time with)

I am here to learn, to contribute, to find like-minded people, to read about truly impressive experiences, struggles and human strength, to ask for advice, to start a business and then one day hopefully share my practical knowledge and experience with others who will be needing help, like you guys do. Why do you ask?

More for your benefit than my learning. To see where your focus is.

You have enough intensity that you should harness it into picking one thing and seeing it all the way through, thick or thin. Win or lose. You have to finish something. It may not be a home run, it may not even be successful. But it likely will set up the next thing. A series of hands on learning for you will probably bring you where you want to go.

Multitasking sometimes is simply an excuse for an escape from doing the heavy lifting of making something happen. When it gets hard, abandon it and switch to something more fun? Easier? Less daunting?

Oh look. A butterfly.

Put a stake in the ground and bring something to life.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We as in ENTPs. I have no problems with motivation. My personality type says a lot about me. I just reflect on it and my experiences and see how I can better myself.

Some people are too hard on themselves. I bet you are the opposite. Speaking in third person about "we" allows you to project your lack of traction on an external factor.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
More for your benefit than my learning. To see where your focus is.

I was just curious.

Multitasking sometimes is simply an excuse for an escape from doing the heavy lifting of making something happen. When it gets hard, abandon it and switch to something more fun? Easier? Less daunting?

Oh look. A butterfly.

Put a stake in the ground and bring something to life.

Yeah I was thinking about same thing, but no, it's not that, since I am still pursuing all of them simultaneously.

I wouldn't say that action is lacking, I would say I am defining it pretty badly. The way I see it now, it's like as if I wanted to water flowers with a hose which has holes. Water will go everywhere but never truly reach it's destination.

Asking for advice is a part of taking action, that sets in right direction if you are willing to take action or currently doing it.

You have enough intensity that you should harness it into picking one thing and seeing it all the way through, thick or thin. Win or lose. You have to finish something. It may not be a home run, it may not even be successful. But it likely will set up the next thing. A series of hands on learning for you will probably bring you where you want to go.

I can't agree with you more, one thing will set up the next thing. Thank you, this was very nicely said.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's why I just dropped you some forum rep speed. You listen. You're honest.

A lot of entrepreneurs have entrepreneurial ADHD. You just have to decide not to let it be a reason any more.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Here's why I just dropped you some forum rep speed. You listen. You're honest.

A lot of entrepreneurs have entrepreneurial ADHD. You just have to decide not to let it be a reason any more.

Thank you very much! I am really grateful for your advice and the rep speed. Will give my best.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
I'm also an ENTP and half the time I'm all over the place. There's not a special system or cure for this thought process other than sucking it up and getting shit done.

Figure out what you want to do and do it. Are you going to check your emails? Cool. Check em. The second you press CTRL+T and open up a new tab for your favorite psychology blog, call yourself out on your shit and get back to the emails.

At first you'll probably get that feeling in your gut that a five year old gets when they have to do something they don't want. Your inner little bitch will kick and scream and say "I DONNNN'T WANNNAAA.. I WANT TO LOOK AT THE BLLLOOGGG".. Too bad. Man up and finish reading the damn E-mails.

It's just discipline - and discipline is like muscle. The more you work on it the stronger it becomes.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
One of the things I teach people is mental toughness. Bottom line it becomes fear and choking. Enfp is your personality type. It doesn't define your identity, and really just tools to help your grow and become your full potential. Where your focus is, your focus will go. This is very simple: If your thoughts are drifting away from one goal, you have to divert your thoughts back that one goal.

I have many projects I work on myself. I spend four hours a day on dutch because I have to take an exam and stay in Europe. I spent another four hours writing 10,000 words and created a book. I came on the forum now and a few minutes earlier when I'm on my breaks. I researched for an hour earlier that was relevant to the book I was writing to back up my facts. I spent another hour editing the book. When I got to bed in a few minutes, I'll spend an hour meditating and visualizing, as in seeing myself succeed, taking action, and that just maybe focused one day tomorrow. What does that look like when I visualize? It means I finished editing, make a cover, get it on Amazon, than also go to another template and do the work necessary for create space. It means four more hours with dutch. Since I created one book this week that's great. Now it's time to focus on something to do with fiction writing since that was non-fiction which may be learning a certain skill for two hours. I know how long it takes me to do what I do. So, it's easy to write out a time block for different things every day. Do you have a calander or organizer on your pc. And before M.J. had a to do list. I suppose when I meditate I come up with that list block it out and take action.

Get rid of the clutter of books etc. It sounds like a messy situation. One book at a time. One blog at a time. Clarity and precision is focused on one thing at a time and not allowing any distractions. Stop thinking about what you have to do. What is the number one priority? What is number 2. What is number 3. I just told you my first priority was dutch, because that one choice effects my business in multiple ways. You must have one.

I have lots of ideas, I write them down in a notebook. I want to do everything. Realistically it doesn't happen that way. I take notes and go back to it when I finished what I'm already working on. When I study personality types it has to two do with coaching other people, and it also has to do with creating 3 dimensional characters that are believable in a fiction novel. So I have multiple purposes of why I study personality.

You have seven days of the week, and if you write down what you do every hour of the day, you will find you waste a lot of time sometimes like I have in the past. You'll see what to cut out, what to do next, and what is a huge priority versus what is not. There is so much to learn about a business, but it is usually using your time effectively. Like I say to my son, do you need to be punished or can I just teach you and you take action and self-discipline yourself. After that he took action.

Thoughts again have everything to do with it. If you're drifting off to the past or future you're not focused right now. Set a timer, or something to alert your attention every half hour and observer what you're doing with your thoughts. I know personality is exciting, but you have to turn the weaknesses into strengths. I think the difference was, I already had learned everything about most stuff before I got to personality.

Instead of getting upset about failure or what you need to make strengths, just be neutral about it and understand it isn't the outcome. It's a specific point in the process of learning to discipline yourself and making it a strong point. If you make a mistake, it's a mistake. No big deal. Move on to the next thing.

Ha ha...well I'm to tired at 4:32 a.m. after writing 10,000 words already. Hope this much helps anyway.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
@SeanyHang Thanks for the advice, will do my best to work on my discipline.

@Mattie As usually, your words are gold. And yeah me too I want to do everything. Actually one of the reasons I want to have money is not just to have money but to have time to do everything or as much as I can. I want to die one day knowing that I learned, I experienced, I did, and I helped. With no regrets.

@Vigilante I listened to what you said and logged off and started working seriously. However I came back because I am looking for some HD quality images that can be used freely. I know that there is a website unsplash.com but I think (or I am crazy) that I saw a thread in here with a lot of these sites. I can't seem to find it and if you know what I am talking about it would be reaaally helpful. Thanks.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I listened to what you said and logged off and started working seriously. However...
Normally I spend 20 minutes typing a detailed post helping people who ask the same question....but you asked for tough love, so I'll play your game.

This is you. The one on the right. Or the left. Whichever one looks the most pathetic.

upload_2015-9-10_21-4-27.png

You are the kid who ate too many pixie sticks.

Seriously. Look at what you're doing. Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

upload_2015-9-10_21-15-12.png

Is THAT the type of person who's going to have success with business?

You live off of the dopamine rush of 'the next thing' that can stimulate you, with no direction.

Will you ever arrive at your destination if you keep switching to the next highway?

Do you know where that ends up? Right where you are now.

You're going to look like the kid on the left...when you're 40 years old. But you won't have that much energy left, and you'll be sitting alone...depressed...broke...because you kept going for the next immediate hit that entertains you now, and never put energy into ONE thing for the long run.

What a shitty future. I feel sorry for you. You eyes aren't even the same size.

WAKE UP....*reaches through computer and slaps your face to shock the system*

That is literally how you sound....like a kid who is looking for those magical words from someone else, and goes back and falls back into your old ways after five seconds of motivation.

Once you put down the Pez Dispensers, stop giving into the cravings for that immediate high, and focus on one thing...you'll finally start to see some progress.

Oh, and nobody else can change you. You have to change yourself. You already know what to do. You have to change yourself!

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-10_21-14-54.png
    upload_2015-9-10_21-14-54.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 16

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
^first time with the tough love thing...I'll up my game next time :D

That was the kindest tough love post I've ever seen. Haha - But I liked it! Don't up your game, I dig your style. You got the point across and seemed really genuine while you did it.
200.gif

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Normally I spend 20 minutes typing a detailed post helping people who ask the same question....but you asked for tough love, so I'll play your game.

This is you. The one on the right. Or the left. Whichever one looks the most pathetic.

View attachment 10562

You are the kid who ate too many pixie sticks.

Seriously. Look at what you're doing. Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

View attachment 10564

Is THAT the type of person who's going to have success with business?

You live off of the dopamine rush of 'the next thing' that can stimulate you, with no direction.

Will you ever arrive at your destination if you keep switching to the next highway?

Do you know where that ends up? Right where you are now.

You're going to look like the kid on the left...when you're 40 years old. But you won't have that much energy left, and you'll be sitting alone...depressed...broke...because you kept going for the next immediate hit that entertains you now, and never put energy into ONE thing for the long run.

What a shitty future. I feel sorry for you. You eyes aren't even the same size.

WAKE UP....*reaches through computer and slaps your face to shock the system*

That is literally how you sound....like a kid who is looking for those magical words from someone else, and goes back and falls back into your old ways after five seconds of motivation.

Once you put down the Pez Dispensers, stop giving into the cravings for that immediate high, and focus on one thing...you'll finally start to see some progress.

Oh, and nobody else can change you. You have to change yourself. You already know what to do. You have to change yourself!

I'm the male kid. Because me neither, I ain't got much hair left.

True, I have to change myself. #1 reason why this is the first forum I joined in the last 7 years. You guys have something to say, I have the ears ready to listen. Just one little thing tho, I feel like I am not explaining it right: I don't abandon one thing to go to the another. I hit pause on one thing, then go to another, then to another, then come back etc. Instead of doing 1-2-3-4-5, then A-B-C-D-E, I do 1-C-3-E-2-5-B-4-A-D. Thanks for the tough love and the direction and you just proved what Jesus said: Ask, and it shall be given to you :)

I read a lot of things you said to others, so now I am curious: If I wasn't asking for tough love, what would you have said? (even tho you nailed the tough love thing)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
If I wasn't asking for tough love, what would you have said?
"It's not what you get, it's who you become."

This is honestly something I wouldn't have even been able to comprehend when I was just getting started...It took me 2.5 years to realize it, and it made all the difference.

The basis behind the quote is that most people try to 'get' things without changing themselves first. But when they become the type of person who has those things, that is when they finally get what they want...when they least expect it.

Have you seen people transform before? Rags to riches, fat to thin? It all started with who they became. They had to go to the gym and put down the chips before they got the weight loss (through their beliefs, mental programming, and actions). You're no different.

Your personality test is not a fixed trait, that is a common myth.

You can change, and you must change if you want to get new results in your life. Your previous actions are no longer serving you...even if they did at some point in the past.

Our lives are a series of habits which result from the actions we take. Think of the person you want to be (successful entrepreneur). Take the actions of that person: focus on one thing, work when you dont feel like working...etc.

Attach enough pain to the actions you don't want to take anymore. Reward yourself immediately after taking those uncomfortable new actions.

Literally "Act as if..." you're that person already.

The habits of the "future you" will develop over time. Keep forcing those actions until they become natural.

And when you take new actions, you will get new results.

You're going to have to give up the actions that no longer serve you. Start taking the actions that do. Get rid of the mental self talk, talking you out of it. And you will transition into this new person.

So what actions ARE you going to start taking? And which ones are you going to stop taking?

Nobody can do any of this for you, you're on your own with that part.

Or you can continue to do what you've been doing...but that old version of you who used to do those things is not you anymore.

EDIT - I would have passed over this thread if you didn't ask for tough love, and would have said none of that. Im just trying to practice different writing styles for my books so the tough love thing seemed like fun practice :D

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada

This is honestly something I wouldn't have even been able to comprehend when I was just getting started...It took me 2.5 years to realize it, and it made all the difference.

The basis behind the quote is that most people try to 'get' things without changing themselves first. But when they become the type of person who has those things, that is when they finally get what they want...when they least expect it.

Have you seen people transform before? Rags to riches, fat to thin? It all started with who they became. They had to go to the gym and put down the chips before they got the weight loss (through their beliefs, mental programming, and actions). You're no different.

You can change, and you must change if you want to get new results in your life. Your previous actions are no longer serving you...even if they did at some point in the past.

Our lives are a series of habits which result from the actions we take. Think of the person you want to be (successful entrepreneur). Take the actions of that person: focus on one thing, work when you dont feel like working...etc.

Attach enough pain to the actions you don't want to take anymore. Reward yourself immediately after taking those uncomfortable new actions.

The habits of the "future you" will develop over time. Keep forcing those actions until they become natural.

You're going to have to give up the actions that no longer serve you. Start taking the actions that do. Get rid of the mental self talk, talking you out of it. And you will transition into this new person.

So what actions ARE you going to start taking? And which ones are you going to stop taking?

Or you can continue to do what you've been doing...but that old version of you who used to do those things is not you anymore.

EDIT - I would have passed over this thread if you didn't ask for tough love, and would have said none of that. Im just trying to practice different writing styles for my books so the tough love thing seemed like fun practice :D

Even though you had fun, to be honest, I like more what you said now ;)

The quote, something to dwell on before sleep. I know that change is possible despite the results on personal tests, heck I change drastically every six to eight months. In the last 3 months, my whole mindset changed more than once. First when I read MJ's book. Then I came to this forum, started looking for information on the Internet; things were harder than I imagined plus I had some crap in personal life so I took a break for 3-4 weeks (didn't had a break or vacation or anything since 2013). After coming back to the forum, the picture was much clearer. I started tracing things that block everyone in the beginning, asking myself do I have that problem and what can I do to overcome it. I found couple of things, changed them. If not by myself, came here asking like I did this time.

My point is: When I ask something, you guys give me advice and I accept it, I will act accordingly because the last thing I want to do is waste your time (I am aware that it is something you more experienced entrepreneurs deal with quite often) or my time. They told me: pick one thing and set a goal to do for tomorrow. I liked the approach. I accepted the advice. I started acting accordingly. I am almost done with what I said I would do.

Sometimes we need a little eye opener, sometimes we need a little push. That being said, thank you.

P.S. Your thread on deconstructing success - splendid!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany

This post alone is absolutely gold worthy :)

I used to google for hours and looking around for how to lose weight, how to eat right to lose weight, what diets are the best to lose weight, talking to people who lost weight how they did it. I never lost any weight. I was so hyped to do this and that while reading it, but an hour later I was sitting in the kitchen with a jar of nutella in my hands.

You know how silly I sounded when I told all my friends that Im going to lose weight and am looking the same for 2 years now?

All this reading of blog posts on how to lose weight were just one simple thing: searching for an easy way out.

I know, and EVERYBODY who wants to lose weight knows how to lose weight: do sport and eat healthy.

It is as simple as that! But people dont want to do that, because it is not fun to do, because you cant eat your favorite burger at Chilli's when you are committed to lose weight. So they search around for a magic pill, a magic training formula or a magic diet plan to lose weight.

I know how this works, because I did it too. Subconsciously I always knew what I have to do to lose weight, but I just dont wanted to forgo the tasty food. And it is not easy to do, but everything that is worth pursuing is not easy to do.

Now that I realized so many things on my journey, I finally committed to REALLY TAKE ACTION TO LOSE WEIGHT. and it feels awesome, it is still hard but I know that it will get easier over time.

There is no easy way out, no shortcut, neither to a great body, nor to a life on the Fastlane.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
This post alone is absolutely gold worthy :)

I used to google for hours and looking around for how to lose weight, how to eat right to lose weight, what diets are the best to lose weight, talking to people who lost weight how they did it. I never lost any weight. I was so hyped to do this and that while reading it, but an hour later I was sitting in the kitchen with a jar of nutella in my hands.

You know how silly I sounded when I told all my friends that Im going to lose weight and am looking the same for 2 years now?

All this reading of blog posts on how to lose weight were just one simple thing: searching for an easy way out.

I know, and EVERYBODY who wants to lose weight knows how to lose weight: do sport and eat healthy.

It is as simple as that! But people dont want to do that, because it is not fun to do, because you cant eat your favorite burger at Chilli's when you are committed to lose weight. So they search around for a magic pill, a magic training formula or a magic diet plan to lose weight.

I know how this works, because I did it too. Subconsciously I always knew what I have to do to lose weight, but I just dont wanted to forgo the tasty food. And it is not easy to do, but everything that is worth pursuing is not easy to do.

Now that I realized so many things on my journey, I finally committed to REALLY TAKE ACTION TO LOSE WEIGHT. and it feels awesome, it is still hard but I know that it will get easier over time.

There is no easy way out, no shortcut, neither to a great body, nor to a life on the Fastlane.

I used to train for almost 2 years. Then moved out, had 2 jobs and full time college so I didn't have time anymore. That was the time I started thinking about how much I had no control over my life. One of the hardest things I had to do was to stop lifting. I loved every single part of it - cutting, bulking, soreness, changing routines and exercises, even hitting a plateau - when you find a way through that was the real pleasure because the results would become even more visible. Doesn't matter if it was 3 pm or 3 am - I was ready to train.

I forgot how disciplined I was back then.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I used to train for almost 2 years. Then moved out, had 2 jobs and full time college so I didn't have time anymore. That was the time I started thinking about how much I had no control over my life. One of the hardest things I had to do was to stop lifting. I loved every single part of it - cutting, bulking, soreness, changing routines and exercises, even hitting a plateau - when you find a way through that was the real pleasure because the results would become even more visible. Doesn't matter if it was 3 pm or 3 am - I was ready to train.

I forgot how disciplined I was back then.

and exactly that feeling can be used for your business too! For me it does not matter if it is 3pm or 3am I am sitting in front of my notebook working on the website. And it is the best feeling I ever experienced!

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
and exactly that feeling can be used for your business too! For me it does not matter if it is 3pm or 3am I am sitting in front of my notebook working on the website. And it is the best feeling I ever experienced!

Same here :D I don't know where do you live, but here it's 3:30 am and I am working on my website. I never figured out why (tried to change it more than once) but I have always had more focus during the night.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.