The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro, Tough time choosing the right vehicle need some guidance

Toni Hara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 31, 2023
Croatia
Had my FTE event months ago and decided to share

A little bit of backstory:

i am 29y old and live in a small European country Croatia (strong tourism)

For the past 7 years i have been working in the military professionally and
have decided recently that i am going to quit in a few months
(i have saved 5k Euro)

For my education I finished crafts school for photography and also for web design but that was years ago,
recently by reading the books my spark for enterpreneurship ignited.
i figured i always was a creative person and a problem solver but all of this information and fast changing world is leaving me very ovewhelmed.
Bacically my compas is out of whack.

Since web design and photography are closest skills i have i figured maybe start in those fields, but doing the research myself i figured photography is kinda dying and cellphones have taken over nowadays and professional equipment is very expensive to risk in this field.
Web design is becoming dominated by web builders and web agency startups... very saturated basicaly im just lost where to start as a freelancer do i learn new skills upgrade old ones how would i sell these services when smallbuisiness emails are filled with bunch of these kinds of offers. Also i taught myself some basic 3d modeling skills. any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Web design is becoming dominated by web builders and web agency startups... very saturated
There's millions of businesses that need better websites. If you've already got that skill then next figure out how to sell it.

Toni Hara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 31, 2023
Croatia
There's millions of businesses that need better websites. If you've already got that skill then next figure out how to sell i
Thanks, thats inspiring :D will give it a test ride for 6 months see how it goes, also there is a tourist season during the summer here i also have a few ideas about that any suggestions how i could help out there with photography maybe?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks, thats inspiring :D will give it a test ride for 6 months see how it goes, also there is a tourist season during the summer here i also have a few ideas about that any suggestions how i could help out there with photography maybe?
Get out there and get known by local businesses? Walk around with your camera?

"Hey restaurant owner. I'm Toni from <countyname> online. We'd like to add a free listing of your restaurant onto our local business directory to help promote the town. We'll also give you the photos to go on your website or social media pages.

What's your opening hours and contact details? What page should people go to to see your menu? Do you have a Facebook page we can link to?"

Toni Hara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 31, 2023
Croatia
Get out there and get known by local businesses? Walk around with your camera?

Hey restaurant owner. I'm Toni from <countyname> online. We'd like to add a free listing of your restaurant onto our local business directory to help promote the town. We'll also give you the photos to go on your website or social media pages.

What's your opening hours and contact details? What page should people go to to see your menu? Do you have a Facebook page we can link to?
Wow great idea! Thanks Andy!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow great idea! Thanks Andy!
Try to stack all your skills and experience on top of each other to make your "high ground".

You're local. You served your country. You can take photographs. You can build websites.

Lean into it.

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020
Years ago, when I was still interested in photography, i did a lot of photos and posted them on Facebook just for fun. Then out of the blue I started getting requests from local business owners (hotels etc) asking me if they can use my photos for their marketing purposes.
So you might try similar route.
Best fotos are made early in the morning and just before sunset (warm light). Being a crazyass cyclist helps also :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Years ago, when I was still interested in photography, i did a lot of photos and posted them on Facebook just for fun. Then out of the blue I started getting requests from local business owners (hotels etc) asking me if they can use my photos for their marketing purposes.
Best fotos are made early in the morning and just before sunset (warm light). Being a crazyass cyclist helps also :)
Imagine going to a hotel with a professional camera round your neck saying you're from croatiaonline.com and wanted to take some photos to go on their free listing. And that they'd get copies if they wanted them for their website or social media.

It's not something I've done but I imagine you could figure out quick enough how to get to speak to managers and schedule a photography session.

It's like making your own local newspaper and telling businesses you'd like to run an article about them.

Toni Hara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 31, 2023
Croatia
I also had the idea to make a photo boot named "sunset photo" or something and photogrpah portraits of tourists and sell them photos digitaly or printed on the spot?

Toni Hara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 31, 2023
Croatia
Imagine going to a hotel with a professional camera round your neck saying you're from croatiaonline.com and wanted to take some photos to go on their free listing. And that they'd get copies if they wanted them for their website or social media.

It's not something I've done but I imagine you could figure out quick enough how to get to speak to managers and schedule a photography session.

It's like making your own local newspaper and telling businesses you'd like to run an article about them.
Yeah it sounds awesome, how would i monetise this?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yeah it sounds awesome, how would i monetise this?
That's for you to figure out. : )

At a guess, you'll create better looking directory listings/pages than their websites and some will ask you to update their site.

And maybe they'll start referring you to other businesses?

Maybe you'll get some local PR in a local newspaper?

Step 1: Start. Get out there and help people/ add value.

Step 2: Figure out what people will pay you for.

Start.

Toni Hara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 31, 2023
Croatia
That's for you to figure out. : )

At a guess, you'll create better looking directory listings/pages than their websites and some will ask you to update their site.

And maybe they'll start referring you to other businesses?

Maybe you'll get some local PR in a local newspaper?

Step 1: Start. Get out there and help people/ add value.

Step 2: Figure out what people will pay you for.

Start.
Just got a sudden surge of high motivation, thanks Andy thats more advice than i could ask for!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just got a sudden surge of high motivation, thanks Andy thats more advice than i could ask for!
Good to hear.

What will you do this week?

Also, turn this into a progress thread. Keep updating it with actions taken, results, and learnings.

Act. Assess. Adjust.

Act. Assess. Adjust.

You titled this thread "Intro, Tough time choosing the right vehicle". What would be an appropriate title for a progress thread? Something that will attract people doing similar things and that can help you find your own support group.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...