The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Choose Between Multiple Business Ideas?

Idea threads

connorkennxdy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jun 25, 2022
United Kingdom
I've recently had an idea for a SaaS business which satisfies CENTS. I have been mind-mapping it out to figure out how I'll go about starting & building it.

However, I've also had another idea whilst thinking of problems I can solve via a business. It also satisfies CENTS but I don't want to get hung up deciding which one to go for because I'm not going to split my efforts 50/50 with no one working on it, aside from myself.

Do I carry on mapping out my original idea & taking action or sit down and go through all my options (I'll probably end up thinking of more ideas in the future based on the way I'm thinking at the moment).

I'm 17-Years-Old so I have time to figure everything out and I understand I will mature. I'd just like some advice from some experienced entrepreneurs and business-people to help focus on ONE thing/idea without constantly looking for the next best option. (Searching for the next best thing seems to be a recurring theme based on past experiences.)

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Connor

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

connorkennxdy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jun 25, 2022
United Kingdom
I've recently had an idea for a SaaS business which satisfies CENTS. I have been mind-mapping it out to figure out how I'll go about starting & building it.

However, I've also had another idea whilst thinking of problems I can solve via a business. It also satisfies CENTS but I don't want to get hung up deciding which one to go for because I'm not going to split my efforts 50/50 with no one working on it, aside from myself.

Do I carry on mapping out my original idea & taking action or sit down and go through all my options (I'll probably end up thinking of more ideas in the future based on the way I'm thinking at the moment).

I'm 17-Years-Old so I have time to figure everything out and I understand I will mature. I'd just like some advice from some experienced entrepreneurs and business-people to help focus on ONE thing/idea without constantly looking for the next best option. (Searching for the next best thing seems to be a recurring theme based on past experiences.)

Connor
Some notes to add onto this, I feel as if I can be easily swayed by people presenting other opportunities (could be a maturity thing).

I can also have sprees of a few weeks/months being extremely productive, hit a roadblock, then everything tanks (could be a self-worth/self-reliance issue). I will educate myself on these topics.

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic

Connor
Validate them. Ideas mean mostly nothing unless people are willing to pay for them. And trust me, not every idea is a winner. If you have ideas, the first step should be validating whether they are good. Aka. people are willing to pay for that.

How do you do that?

The best way is to talk with potential customers about their struggles. Way easier said than done. But it is the best way.
However much more approachable method of validation (especially for a SaaS) is making a landing page presenting the SaaS with a good offer and trying to get pre-orders or at least waitlist sign-ups. You just drive traffic to that in whatever way suits you and see what happens.

You just need to find customers before building anything. You don't want to waste time building something for months or maybe even a year or two to find out that it was a wasted time.

connorkennxdy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jun 25, 2022
United Kingdom
Validate them. Ideas mean mostly nothing unless people are willing to pay for them. And trust me, not every idea is a winner. If you have ideas, the first step should be validating whether they are good. Aka. people are willing to pay for that.

How do you do that?

The best way is to talk with potential customers about their struggles. Way easier said than done. But it is the best way.
However much more approachable method of validation (especially for a SaaS) is making a landing page presenting the SaaS with a good offer and trying to get pre-orders or at least waitlist sign-ups. You just drive traffic to that in whatever way suits you and see what happens.

You just need to find customers before building anything. You don't want to waste time building something for months or maybe even a year or two to find out that it was a wasted time.
This is really insightful, thank you.

I will make a landing page with a simple ‘customer count’ button with an option to put details down.

At least this way I’ll be able to easily view numbers and validate both ideas (which I’ve never tried before).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
This is really insightful, thank you.

I will make a landing page with a simple ‘customer count’ button with an option to put details down.

At least this way I’ll be able to easily view numbers and validate both ideas (which I’ve never tried before).
Nah don't. Showing that you have 0 customers really would not attract people. Don't be afraid to lie a little by saying something like "37 people signed up in the last 48 hours". Count these people in your database, not on the website. That website will need a form that will store the data somewhere. I recommend using Tally. (not affiliated with them, just saying) It's free, super user-friendly, and allows you to build pretty advanced multi-step forms with ease. You just place a button that will serve as a link to this form and you are set.

connorkennxdy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jun 25, 2022
United Kingdom
Nah don't. Showing that you have 0 customers really would not attract people. Don't be afraid to lie a little by saying something like "37 people signed up in the last 48 hours". Count these people in your database, not on the website. That website will need a form that will store the data somewhere. I recommend using Tally. (not affiliated with them, just saying) It's free, super user-friendly, and allows you to build pretty advanced multi-step forms with ease. You just place a button that will serve as a link to this form and you are set.
I wouldn’t show the customer how many clicks the button has got but something like I’m interested’ text over it.

I’ll definitely have a look at that database. Thank you so much!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.