The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did YOU find "Fastlane"?

StarKodomo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jan 4, 2015
Ann Arbor, Mi
Was going to start my own thread, then found this (using the search! Shocker!)

BTW, how did this thread ever die? I find this really interesting!

Found it while I was looking up ways to make passive money online. Found a blog article about passive money, nothing too important or surprising with the article itself, just a bunch of the same old regurgitated stuff, but it was in the comment section where I heard about it. One of the commenters was basically calling out the article/blog (wish I remember what it was) and was saying the only real way was through process and value creation and then mentioned MJ's book. Was so thrown off and amazed by what he said I had to check it out. Name and cover was a bit cheesy but had to go for it.

May have "obtained" my first copy online, was so impressed I purchased a copy right away. Then got the audio book too. Changed my life!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I never look at the Google Analytics for my blog. For some reason I did one day and found some visitors had come from some forum.

It turned out a member here had found my blog and linked to it in his progress thread. I followed the bread-crumbs back, introduced myself, and found my new home online.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't know why, but I remember this pretty vividly. I was golfing with @SteveO and while we are putting on a green he said to me, MJ is starting his own forum because nobody no longer goes to the RDPD forum.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
It was probably the fourth or fifth book I read whilst on a business trip. I had little internet connectivity and was desperate to fill my time constructively whilst I was waiting for a customer to get their act together. Therefore it was really chance (or good SEO) - it was the only book of the tranche I read that caught my imagination and that I could relate to!

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Wow, thanks guys for letting me know how you "found" Fastlane. This really helps me!

The problem with Amazon is you're always shooting in the dark. There is NO WAY to uncover how sales are made. That means, I could sell 100 books from a video I did and have NO CLUE that the vid was responsible. Or this forum. Or some post. Or somewhere else.

It really sucks that authors have no idea how they are getting conversions that port to Amazon. ("it really sucks" -- can ya say, "need?")

I saw the picture of the Fastlane title at the end of an Italian book on good sales of "Venditore Vincente" Frank Merenda. I do not like the Italian translation of the title: "Motorway to wealth." Those who see a title like that, may be misled and not be enticed to read the book. Fortunately, I thought that if Frank had reported it to be a good book. So I read it passionately and I always carry with me.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
I got the ebook together with my ebook reader as a present from my family.
After reading on the Worrior Forum for a long time and there were serveral mentions of the book, I rediscovered it on my ebook reader.
After I finished reading it, I went straight to the forum. :)

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Interesting thread.

I was looking up "how to make money on Instagram" and found some Youtuber who made a video about one of the threads here.

The video left out so much information, no fault to the Youtuber, that I had to read the rest of the posts myself.

Value provided - I signed up

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
I found the book on amazon. I was searching for books on money, wealth and entrepreneurship. I read the introduction, read the reviews and ordered it. And I finished reading the book in 2 or 3 days. I still regularly read small sections from the book whenever I need it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't know why, but I remember this pretty vividly. I was golfing with @SteveO and while we are putting on a green he said to me, MJ is starting his own forum because nobody no longer goes to the RDPD forum.

Ha, actually it wasn't because no one visited RDPD any longer, it was the quality of those visitors: Most of them were MLMers, "free-report" sig pimpers, and "the rich aren't paying their fair share" types.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
"Tai Lopez scam"

I got really tired of his damn ads and wanted to see if he was legit (I have a distrust of most self-improvement gurus). Found that thread. Looked around. Saw the book and bought it.

Then bought the ebook cuz I couldn't wait for shipping. Then read it before I got the physical copy.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I found the book on amazon. I was searching for books on money, wealth and entrepreneurship. I read the introduction, read the reviews and ordered it. And I finished reading the book in 2 or 3 days. I still regularly read small sections from the book whenever I need it.

Same exact way for me! Amazon recommended it to me after reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and Rework. I currently have the e-book, but am planning on getting a hard copy so i can lend it to people.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
Some redditor said it was a must read and the title made me think it was bullshit but I decided to read it. Greatest decision I've ever made as I will never work for a boss and my goal is to buy a penthouse in chicago ;). I'm very glad I read TMFL because I see that if you work hard as possible long enough and follow the criteria it takes to be fastlane you will make it.

G

Guest34764

I wanted to learn more about business but had no clue where to go to learn about it.

So I went to 4chan's /biz/ board, which in case you don't know is literally the worst board to learn about business.

But anyways, someone posted a picture of book recommendations that's commonly posted on the board to show newcomers.

I looked at it and saw the very last book (because I'm rebellious and like starting at the end) and that book was The Millionaire Fastlane .

It piqued my interest and eventually read the book, whoever posted that picture is a hero and he doesn't even know it since everyone on the board is anonymous.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
from a random post of a random member of biggerpockets.
found that forum and passing my time watching flip photos of houses (before and after) for two days
reading through the comments and i saw it. a comment about this forum.
i came to this forum to check it out. that was 4 months ago.
still here. this forum is a real life changer for me.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Like so many before me, I was google searching for info on starting a business and related forums. Found this forum and then the book.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
I found this forum when I was in Google searching for another Entrepreneur forum and read a couple of posts and automatically saw the quality and now I am here. I think I'm the only that hasn't read the book lol but I have like 3 other books pending I want to read. But I will eventually read it. I'm just hoping is as great as everyone said, because I have in fact read other books.

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
I was researching Money Management books, slowlane mentality at the time. This LINK was the first I heard of the book. I was taken aback by the quote provided in the synopsis, and that was the first time I started to question the road I was on.

"Show me a 22-year-old who got rich investing in mutual funds. Show me the man who earned millions in three years by maximizing his 401k. Show me the young twenty-something who go rich clipping coupons. Where are these people? They don’t exist."​

Went to Barnes and Noble, grabbed this book and one other money management book. Literally 50/50 on which book to buy first, that quote kept picking at my brain and I went with The Millionaire Fastlane . Read the book in a week (now listening to it), joined the forum, started changing my direction, and never looking back.

http://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/top-10-personal-finance-books-of-all-time.html

StraightLPER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 27, 2016
I found TMFL on a reddit page called TheRedPill as a suggested book to read and I decided to give it a try. After hearing MJ say he graduated from Northern Illinois University (I just graduated from NIU with a Finance degree last December) and moved to Phoenix, Arizona (my dream location) I was completely hooked on the mentality that if he could do it, I could too (and I couldn't believe it was just a coincidence that these things lined up out of all things). I quit my job 2 weeks ago, put a 3 month forbearance on my student loans and have committed all my time to being a student of the fastlane and the abundance mentality. I plan on moving to Phoenix within the next year and generating enough passive income where I am no longer enslaved by my student loans.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Whoa I made this thread years ago... nearly 5 years ago to the day. So much has changed. No more job, bigger expectations, and bigger challenges.

I'm very glad that I got to be a part of this. I'm VERY far from where I want to be, but I can honestly say: this forum has set the course for my life.

I'm kinda getting emotional here lol

Bump. How did YOU find Fastlane?

G

GuestUser450

Might have been the RD forum, but didn't make the connection until much later.

I think it was the Mixergy interview when I really got into the book and then the forum. I remember the interview being kinda awkward, like neither Andrew or MJ knew what Andrew was trying to ask.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Oh shit...I don't think I found this thread when I first came in!
This forum just gives me pleasant surprises now and then! Thanks @The-J !

How did I find Fastlane?
I have mentioned several times that I was desperately looking for ways to save my girl from the horrific suckages of a Slowlane education and career. In other words, I had to prevent the catastrophe and unmake the SCRIPT before it could take effect fully.

The first things I read on financial freedom, which was a 'mythical substance' not restricted to even the uneducated and the 'rejects of society was unashamedly Rich Dad. Bought lots of stuff. RDPD, Cashflow Quadrant, Guide to Investing, Retire Rich Retire Young.

But I never got anywhere. They were just motivationals (even Kiyosaki claims so in one interview!) which were designed to give you food for thought. I don't want food for thought! I wanted food for action, the only damnit life changing thing I need! I was miffed when I finally realised it, and even more incensed when later TMF validated it. No matter how many times I read those books again and again, nothing bloody happened. No miraculous spark of nirvana or eureka which would propel me to riches. Not a single shred of resulting action.

Anyone new reading this, I beg you. Please don't spend your time reading over and over again at the cost of taking meaningful action. Even if it's a good read, you didn't live to read. You live to succeed in creating VALUE.

So I went out to find new answers. One of the few gems I did take from RDPD was to continuously get new answers and increase my financial intelligence. While I never really got around the finance part, at least the technicals (and still am working on it!), I found a bunch of books on stock investing and real estate. But they also never led me anywhere.

Finally, I checked out Amazon (for the first time in my life embarassingly) and voila, TMF was one of the recommended bestsellers. I checked his website, the samples and the book. I spent WEEKS on that book. Digesting its content, everything! The scams of get rich gurus, the real suckage of jobs that RDPD didn't explain in detail, the true mechanisms behind successful businesses (which RDPD AND many other business books fail to explain well) and the Law of Effection. Till doay, TMF is on my top list of 'OMG! What a read!' books. My gut had been telling me similar things all along, but TMF made those voices grow louder, freeing them from the SCRIPT.

To speak metaphorically, it was as if MJ DeMarco marched into my SCRIPTED cell with the TMF sledgehammer, knocked out the guards of mediocrity and smashed the chains of ignorance.

But I didn't officially joined the forum until a bit later when I was starting my college life around August last year. I saw I had some time, so I thought, why don't I start now. MJ's basically given me what I needed to start. I could start working to save my girl. I could start making my mistakes, creating value and going further from the SCRIPT. I could begin to live, so why not now? So I joined the forum, found many new friends, learned new things and visited new worlds (read: copywriting, sales and marketing)....

If there was an event in my life in which I feel to be the most significant, this would be it. Not my graduation or reaching of adulthood. This.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Found it while googling some dude who made a few million off apple store apps. Think it was a police scanner thing. He had a AMA thread here. Then I started browsing the forum..rest is history.

ROI for MJ for the AMA thread just from me? 2 book purchases + lifetime membership dues to fastlane INSIDERS...worth it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...