The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Technician To Business Owner

tolmanmedia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Feb 25, 2020
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 years ago I was a wedding videographer with a dream. I wanted to be rich, I wanted to be financially free. I had absolutely no idea where to start, but I knew that weddings made good money so I kept shooting.

One of my mentors introduced me to The Millionaire Fastlane , and though it took me a few months to finally pick it up, it changed my life. I've always hated math, but the equations in that book made me realize I needed to get myself out of shooting weddings and instead own a business that shot hundreds of weddings a year while I sat around collecting checks.

I slowly implemented change after change, and made a hell of a lot of mistakes. But I'm proud to say that today my company Tolman Media has expanded across the nation. We have hired a president to run the company, and I've finally hit a point of incredible passive income and financial freedom. I'd like to sell next year, but to be honest am terrified of doing so because I know nothing about it.

Weirdly enough, the hardest part of living a Fastlane life has been how awkward social interactions with my family and close friends have become. I don't relate to them anymore. They complain about their 9-5 jobs, corporate ladder stuff and I don't even know how to respond. As my company has done better, I've bought nicer things for myself and it's become a weird friction point between me and my family. I know they are happy for me, but obviously my Tesla Model X is nicer than any car my dad has ever or will ever own.

I've been really struggling lately to find purpose in life and to keep strong relationships with family, even though I'm wealthier than any of them at this point. I'm hoping to find answers on how to navigate these uncomfortable situations and how to live my best life while also retaining those relationships. I'm new at all this and am looking forward to the community here.

@MJ DeMarco THANK YOU for writing these books and making my dream life possible. Without your knowledge I wouldn't have been able to do what I've done.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Congrats.

obviously my Tesla Model X is nicer than any car my dad has ever or will ever own.
Today is the two year anniversary of my dad passing away.

You've just reminded me of how much he enjoyed looking after my brand new Boxster between 2006 and 2008. I was living in Ireland and left it in his garage in the UK. I put him on the insurance and asked him to take it for a spin every week to keep it ticking over.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.