The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO From Technician To Business Owner

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

tolmanmedia

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 25, 2020
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 years ago I was a wedding videographer with a dream. I wanted to be rich, I wanted to be financially free. I had absolutely no idea where to start, but I knew that weddings made good money so I kept shooting.

One of my mentors introduced me to The Millionaire Fastlane, and though it took me a few months to finally pick it up, it changed my life. I've always hated math, but the equations in that book made me realize I needed to get myself out of shooting weddings and instead own a business that shot hundreds of weddings a year while I sat around collecting checks.

I slowly implemented change after change, and made a hell of a lot of mistakes. But I'm proud to say that today my company Tolman Media has expanded across the nation. We have hired a president to run the company, and I've finally hit a point of incredible passive income and financial freedom. I'd like to sell next year, but to be honest am terrified of doing so because I know nothing about it.

Weirdly enough, the hardest part of living a Fastlane life has been how awkward social interactions with my family and close friends have become. I don't relate to them anymore. They complain about their 9-5 jobs, corporate ladder stuff and I don't even know how to respond. As my company has done better, I've bought nicer things for myself and it's become a weird friction point between me and my family. I know they are happy for me, but obviously my Tesla Model X is nicer than any car my dad has ever or will ever own.

I've been really struggling lately to find purpose in life and to keep strong relationships with family, even though I'm wealthier than any of them at this point. I'm hoping to find answers on how to navigate these uncomfortable situations and how to live my best life while also retaining those relationships. I'm new at all this and am looking forward to the community here.

@MJ DeMarco THANK YOU for writing these books and making my dream life possible. Without your knowledge I wouldn't have been able to do what I've done.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Congrats.

obviously my Tesla Model X is nicer than any car my dad has ever or will ever own.
Today is the two year anniversary of my dad passing away.

You've just reminded me of how much he enjoyed looking after my brand new Boxster between 2006 and 2008. I was living in Ireland and left it in his garage in the UK. I put him on the insurance and asked him to take it for a spin every week to keep it ticking over.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
TEOTWAWKI SALE!! The apocalypse is here and the end is near! Unstoppable viruses, corrupt...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock