The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Biz Opp Victim to Local Service Provider

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Hello Fastlane Forum!

My profile looks kind of empty, but MJs Books and the Forum aren't new to me.

I was looking up and asking things for about a year now(in the past with another forum name).

Online Marketing, Network Marketing and many hyped online programs were tried until I noticed, that I was just "hoping" for something to change instead of doing "real execution".

2017 I started a service business after reading the carpet cleaning thread in this forum to get a solid foundation.

It was and still is a challenge for myself to crush it in a local market.

So me and my business partner started out 2017 with a mobile car cleaning business.

Which mistakes did we make?

For the first 6 months we had no revenue, because we waited for many business owners to "reply" for our business requests.

Even when we followed up after the meetings they would always come up with another excuse why they couldn't work with us now.

We managed to close one of the biggest hotel companies in the world to provide our service to their clients.

But even after that(we thought they'll bring us some profit)...

NOTHING.

We wasted time on waiting for things to come instead of pulling the customers to our offer.

The second half of 2017 brought a change:

We focused more on B2C Clients and started with Flyers.

We got the first people on the phone, BUT...

...We couldn't close, because we had no sales experience in this particular area.

Are you sometimes afraid to do something without having the knowledge?

Let me tell you something here:

I started out 2014 in Network Marketing, thought I know many things from reading books etc.

thats bullshit!

Most people learn from executing and doing things the wrong way.

Back to our journey:

After we got the sales mode on, we optimized our B2C efforts and achieved a good ROI.

Short question: Is it recommended to always market with a "discount" or does it make sense to make the service more appealing?

We worked with vouchers until now.

Both of us are still working corporate jobs(ends in february 2018), so it is hard sometimes to get the appointments set up properly.

Currently we are working 18 hours a day and are acquiring a new customer nearly every day.

Selling licenses to earn "great" income is our long term plan.

Local Service Businesses are a great way to achieve a stable income, right?

But lemme tell you:

Only if you know how to properly SELL your services.

Your marketing needs to be better than your competitors.

Until now, we are doing the dirty, hard work like flyer/direct mail delivery, cleaning floors to get more budget for adwords and doing cold calls.

To talk numbers we will do 3k-4k in revenue this month and always try to optimize our marketing strategies.

We would love to exchange ideas here.

Marketing and Sales Advice is much appreciated!

Greetings from Germany :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Update!

We managed to win 3 new clients today.

Good start this week :)

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Back on here guys,

first of all: From 2017 till now I had the best time of my life.

I am not a millionaire yet, but I am getting healthier financially month after month.

After 1 1/2 years of doing car cleaning successfully, me and my partner switched paths to become realtors in Germany.

Our marketing efforts from the car cleaning biz just paid off better in the real estate world (we are still improving).

Quit my job in January '18, earned more money than ever before and traveled to lots of different cities/countries this year.

I wanted to say thanks to the forum for all the wisdom and remind some people on this forum:

You may know everything you need to know to become successful, so stop reading and start helping people to get your money right.

I don't know if I come back online before I reach my next stepping stone, so I wish everybody the best. Most of the time I am a silent watcher of the forum.

Next month is my 23rd birthday and for sure I will continue to step my game up year after year.

DW

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Wow, congrats!

OK, now that you've tasted some wins, what are you working on to go bigger?

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Wow, congrats!

OK, now that you've tasted some wins, what are you working on to go bigger?

Thank you. If I maxed out our efforts in this city, we will go to other cities as well. It is fun for me to sell real estate and it is a solid source of income. Mentor of mine is building commercial real estate, renting it out or selling it with tenants. Probably I will start something like this in the future with him.

DW

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Update after 2 years:

Partner and I decided to continue with 2 separate businesses after 3 1/2 years, because we had different views on personal and business finance.

After saving up nearly 5 years of living expenses, I have the feeling that I hit a plateau in terms of building the business.

It feels like I hunted deal after deal for 3+ years now and I don't want to pursue this the way I did in the past, because I see no light at the end of the tunnel doing the things I did in the past.

Because commission checks were in the 10k - 30k range, we started testing several strategies with facebook ads and google ads, but nothing turned out to be a solid lead generation source yet.

To have savings in this situation is a blessing and a curse.

I learned a lot of things on my way until now, but I think I underestimated the step from hustling / making some cash solo to creating a real business and separating my time from income.

This is a very short summary of the last 2 1/2 years - just wanted to give a life sign in this thread.

DW

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Year is almost coming to an end and I started a real estate related business on the side (fully digital). So I currently have 2 ways to generate income, but both related to each other.

This lead to the biggest year in earnings I had so far. The income alone won't make me a millionairy but it turns a profit of 5000€ - 10000€ per month at the moment.

I hope to reach 15000€ profit in December and keep scaling things up over the next few months.

I stop playing safe from now on and invest way more back into the business to build a real company around it.

Major learning was being more action oriented instead of thinking this year.

Now I can delegate more work onto others because the money is coming in.

I hope to post good news again in 6 to 12 months.

I wish you all a happy ending of this crazy year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.