The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing the Andy Frisella "75 Hard" Challenge

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
How many days are you in? It isn't meant to be overtly that hard. If you're in physical shape the 2 workouts isnt so much physically demanding it is more mental. Keep in mind this isn't a physical challenge.

I thought it was really easy up until about day 63. Thats when it got hard. I'm like F**K is this ever going to be over...

It teaches you to stick with things when they are boring, suck or just don't simply want to do them. 99% of people won't do this challenge and if they do it, they aren't actually doing it and they are half assing it.

Those who put forth the effort to put 100% in everyday and complete the challenge with conviction and not just going through the motions will reap the most benefits.
Thank you. That helps. Today is only day 7.

Side note I almost slipped up twice yesterday. First one, I went to this dinner thing & they only had sweet tea and lemonade. I poured myself lemonade and sat down before I realized, whoops I can't drink that.

The second time someone gave me a mint. I had it in my hand headed to my mouth before my brain screamed, "You can't do this!!!"

Whew.

Unexpected side benefit. I've been talking more about this challenge now that I am doing it, at networking events, at church, at the barber shop, and such. People come over to join the conversation. It's helping me meet new people and make new friends.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox 's post got me to thinking philosophically about this challenge. Forgive me if this was already discussed. 19 pages is a lot.

So, there is the letter of the challenge and the spirit of the challenge.

I can't find it now, but I thought Fox said he started over if he felt he was slacking. Or something like that. (Much respect)

I've been wondering if I am "going hard enough", really. So far I've drank at least 1.2 gallons of water every day. I've read 12 pages a day. My diet is 16/8 IF, but so far I exceeded that all but one day, including a 24 hr fast.

I go for a morning run, but I can't run 45 minutes straight (yet), so I'll run, speed walk, run, walk, sprint home. I often collapse on my lawn. I love the beat of my heart.

At night I do an assortment of bodyweight exercises depending on the day. I go to bed exhausted, I like the full body ache. I like the feeling of being in proper alignment after sitting poorly much of the day.

The thing is, I feel like this all is easy.

I can drink more water. I can fast longer, maybe go OMAD. I can read more (and do, just not books). I could go harder at my workouts.

So far, I'm maintain this pace because some people said it gets harder a few weeks in and this is just my first week. I don't know if this is all new bravado. I don't have perspective, so I'm trusting those who have done it before.

So that isn't really my issue. I mean it kinda is. My bigger philosophical conundrum is this:

To accomplish this I've cut out a lot of distraction in my life.

I've structured this to make it easy.

Like I say no to the friends at the bar. Part of it is saving time, but part of it is avoiding temptation.

Is that really going hard? Isn't it harder to show up and not drink?

Is avoiding temptation really building grit?

If love to get your feedback, because this topic had crept up in my life so much recently. I'd especially like to hear from those who finished.

I don't get quite your questions tbh.

"Is avoiding temptation really building grit?"

Yes.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I don't get quite your questions tbh.

"Is avoiding temptation really building grit?"

Yes.

Maybe I poorly worded that when taken out of context.

Which builds grit more... Saying no to seeing friends at a bar or going and not drinking.

For me, it is way way easier to say to my friends nope, I can't go.

So is that taking the easy way out? See what I mean?

Anyways, @TTG SS pointed out Andy addressed that in the podcast, which I had forgotten. I still think the second way is harder, (actually showing up) but I am staying true to the spirit of the challenge by taking the easier way.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Maybe I poorly worded that when taken out of context.

Which builds grit more... Saying no to seeing friends at a bar or going and not drinking.

For me, it is way way easier to say to my friends nope, I can't go.

So is that taking the easy way out? See what I mean?

Anyways, @TTG SS pointed out Andy addressed that in the podcast, which I had forgotten. I still think the second way is harder, (actually showing up) but I am staying true to the spirit of the challenge by taking the easier way.

If you put yourself in scenarios with a lot of temptation it's way more likely you will eventually fail.

It isn't grit to try to quit smoking for example but still hang out with a lot of smokers - it's just dumb.

So I would say try to cut back on any activities or environments that are high risk and find replacements instead. I haven't been in a nightclub or bar since I started - it would be an unnecessary temptation.

If my friends want to come hang out there are dozens of other things I can do with them instead.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
If you put yourself in scenarios with a lot of temptation it's way more likely you will eventually fail.

It isn't grit to try to quit smoking for example but still hang out with a lot of smokers - it's just dumb.

So I would say try to cut back on any activities or environments that are high risk and find replacements instead. I haven't been in a nightclub or bar since I started - it would be an unnecessary temptation.

If my friends want to come hang out there are dozens of other things I can do with them instead.

I hear what you're saying @Fox and I appreciate it. And you're right, of course. I do feel like you are still missing my point. Like I said in my first post, you inspired me to think a little more philosophically about the challenge, because I believe you build grit by pushing past your perceived limits. I had to ask myself am I going hard enough in this challenge? The temptation question was one way to "go harder" at this thing. For me. Not saying I recommend it for anyone else.

But @TTG SS reminding me this is a discipline challenge and will become a mental grind kind of solved my issue for me.

Thanks guys for the help.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I started phase 1 yesterday super confident that the hardest part would be the cold showers.

I still think 5min of freezing water is the hardest part but it isn't why I failed on day 1.

I was walking through Costco to get dog food and they had a sample stand with Oreos and vanilla ice cream. Yum, I like both of those things, so I ate one. Didn't even hesitate.

After a late gym session, drinking a liter and a half of water, and eating my 160th gram of protein, my gf offered me a cupcake. "No I can't have refined sugar", I said.

"What about the Oreo you ate at Costco." She said looking at me sideways.

Damnit. Phase 1 starts again today.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
I just came across this. I'm in.
I don't dig the podcast with the swearing - just cut the BS and give me the rules - but I found this one Day 1 of 75 Hard - 75 Hard Challenge : I'll just do that. I'm a girl.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Welcome!

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
I started phase 1 yesterday super confident that the hardest part would be the cold showers.

I still think 5min of freezing water is the hardest part but it isn't why I failed on day 1.

I was walking through Costco to get dog food and they had a sample stand with Oreos and vanilla ice cream. Yum, I like both of those things, so I ate one. Didn't even hesitate.

After a late gym session, drinking a liter and a half of water, and eating my 160th gram of protein, my gf offered me a cupcake. "No I can't have refined sugar", I said.

"What about the Oreo you ate at Costco." She said looking at me sideways.

Damnit. Phase 1 starts again today.

Nah gotta start at phase 0 again because of Oreos. ;) jks

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm 16 days in. Definitely got harder. The big thing is finding enough time in the day to do everything. I've had a couple times where I stayed up later to get a workout in or finish the reading. Then I don't feel like running first thing in the morning. Since I've only been getting 6 hours a night, I've slept in a couple times too and that just sets everything else back. By the grace of God I am still in this.

Build a routine. Stick to it.

I hate the days I forget my measured water bottle at home.

Part of my goal is to drop some weight at the outset of this. Lost 5 lbs so far. That's cool. :rofl: Tightening another notch on the belt feels even better. :)

I wonder what I'd be if I cut water weight too. Have to wait 2 more months to find out...

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Going to have to wait 74 days to find out :rage:

Started over today...

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What happened?

I identified a lack of discipline. My lack of sleep led to lack of focus. It's little things.

One morning I went out for a run, didn't check my watch until I was a little bit into it. I ran an extra 5 minutes that day. For water, I drink 5 32oz containers a day. One day I am 96% sure I did at least 4, but I'm not 100%. For reading, I had to admit I've been skimming through 12 pages just to get to sleep, not really reading them for improvement. And I chose my diet to shed pounds, but it leads to dogging it through my 2nd workout. Technically, I was probably still "ok".

Friday morning I decided this probably attitude isn't good enough. I decided to take a 2 day break, regroup, change up the routine, catch up on sleep, and start again renewed and invigorated.

I'm not in this to just check boxes on my mirror everyday. I'm in this to overcome. :bolt:

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've been meaning to chip in for a while but things in my business have been going crazy. I wouldn't give 100% credit to 75 Hard for this bumper performance because the business is only two years old and growing rapidly anyway but September, October and November have all been record months in terms of turnover and profitability. The clarity of mind and increased focus have made it seem quite easy and 75 hard has definitely helped a lot, especially due to the Power List and sobriety.

I wonder what I'd be if I cut water weight too. Have to wait 2 more months to find out...

This is quite a popular misconception and one that is commonly accepted perhaps because of the tactics used by boxers and racing drivers to make weight. We don't actually carry around a load of water weight, we carry what we need and you can crash your weight by becoming dehydrated but that should be a temporary status for a weigh in. You shouldn't dehydrate yourself so that you can tell people you've lost 10 lbs instead of 5 lbs.

Bodybuilders will drink up to 6 litres of water per day whilst cutting and the simplified science behind this is that when your body burns the fat in your fat cells for fuel, the cells then fill with water. You will still appear to be carrying the fat but you actually aren't. Provided that you remain in a calorie deficit (so that the fat cells don't refill with fat), the cells will gradually shrink and release the stored water.

The body will store more water if it is not abundantly available. Therefore the theory that the bodybuilders use is that by supplying their body with all the water that it needs on a daily basis and at equal intervals, the body will stop storing as much water in it's cells and despite loading up on water, you will actually store less overall and thus weigh less. Even the day before a show, bodybuilders will still drink 2.5 litres of water despite supposedly dehydrating.

In your personal case, whilst you have lost 5lbs (congratulations), you have probably lost more like 7 or 8 lbs in fat and you just need to stick to the diet and water before this eventually shows on the scales. Keep up the good work and make sure that you get some resistance training in.

I might post my before and after pictures at some stage but I'm not a massive fan of sharing such things.

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Finished up this past Sunday. Feels damn good to have completed something like this that you set out to do. Towards the end, it became habit and got easier. You don't even have to think about it much once it becomes your lifestyle.

I did it with my girlfriend, and we got it on the first time through, but I can tell you if I was flying solo on it my chance of restarting would've been way higher. So my biggest piece of advice is to get a teammate/accountability partner to do it with you (for the right reasons). It will make all the difference. And preferably you want to find someone in close proximity to you - whether it's a significant other, roommate, co-worker, someone who goes to the same gym, etc.

And whether you do it fully solo or not, some of the things that helped were:
  • For the progress pic, do it first thing in the morning. Set an alarm on your phone so you don't forget
  • For the gallon of water, GET THIS . This helps immensely with staying on track throughout the day
  • For the reading, no tricks really. Just try to do it in the morning if possible
  • For the diet, meal prep is hugely important. When you only have healthy, prepared foods in the house, diet becomes 10x easier. Also, I would focus on getting the right foods (we chose paleo) and not so much on calorie restriction. When you're in a major caloric deficit all the time, your cortisol levels go up and your willpower goes down, so eat clean but eat enough
  • Overall, make yourself a Microsoft Word checklist (see attached) of all 6 tasks and check it off every day. It keeps you on track and gives you nice little motivational dopamine hit each time you check off a task

• Tell your friends and family you are doing it. For most of them, a challenge like this is somewhat foreign to them so they will take interest and ask you how it's going every so often. It feels a lot better to tell them you're sticking to it/made it than that you failed. This just helps a little extra motivation/accountability-wise.
Congrats to everyone who's made it through and best of luck to everyone going through it right now!

Attachments

• 75 HARD Checklist.docx
    12 KB · Views: 6
  • 75 Hard Progress Doc.docx
    282.3 KB · Views: 3

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Finished up this past Sunday. Feels damn good to have completed something like this that you set out to do. Towards the end, it became habit and got easier. You don't even have to think about it much once it becomes your lifestyle.

I did it with my girlfriend, and we got it on the first time through, but I can tell you if I was flying solo on it my chance of restarting would've been way higher. So my biggest piece of advice is to get a teammate/accountability partner to do it with you (for the right reasons). It will make all the difference. And preferably you want to find someone in close proximity to you - whether it's a significant other, roommate, co-worker, someone who goes to the same gym, etc.

And whether you do it fully solo or not, some of the things that helped were:
  • For the progress pic, do it first thing in the morning. Set an alarm on your phone so you don't forget
  • For the gallon of water, GET THIS . This helps immensely with staying on track throughout the day
  • For the reading, no tricks really. Just try to do it in the morning if possible
  • For the diet, meal prep is hugely important. When you only have healthy, prepared foods in the house, diet becomes 10x easier. Also, I would focus on getting the right foods (we chose paleo) and not so much on calorie restriction. When you're in a major caloric deficit all the time, your cortisol levels go up and your willpower goes down, so eat clean but eat enough
  • Overall, make yourself a Microsoft Word checklist (see attached) of all 6 tasks and check it off every day. It keeps you on track and gives you nice little motivational dopamine hit each time you check off a task

• Tell your friends and family you are doing it. For most of them, a challenge like this is somewhat foreign to them so they will take interest and ask you how it's going every so often. It feels a lot better to tell them you're sticking to it/made it than that you failed. This just helps a little extra motivation/accountability-wise.
Congrats to everyone who's made it through and best of luck to everyone going through it right now!

View attachment 29065

Amazing - great work man. Congrats!

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I never thought I would read so many people crying about water. LOL

Before I stopped I would buy 7 gallons of water at the beginning of the week. At the end of each day, the gallon should be gone.

This has motivated me to start again. I failed several times before. The cold shower (Wim Hof turned me on to that), reading, and exercise has been my daily for a few years.

It's a bs excuse but having a pregnant wife who is from Louisiana and cooks like she is from there does NOT help with the diet portion which is the part I've failed on. LOL

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

Man, this has been a big problem for me. I've been away from friends for a fair few years and tried to start 75 hard just before moving back to where most of my friends live. Really made me realise how much alcohol has to do with socialising in Australia lol. At least with my mates.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
What is everyone's thoughts on the end of the MFCEO podcast?

I'll agree with some other entrepreneur friends of mine that it may be a bit too macho a lot of the time, but I'll be damned if this wasn't a hard hitting podcast for me. I'm not doing 75 hard at the moment as per the rules for a few reasons (I have some opinions on that) but really, not a day goes by that I don't think about it. I wouldn't be back in the gym doing weights 3 to 4 days a week if it weren't for Andy Frisella and the podcast.

It's a shame but I'm really looking forward to what he moves on to after this.

It actually reminds me a little bit of Jerry Seinfeld retiring at his peak. I mean, I've hard a few things about 1st phorm not doing so well every now and then, but holy crap, in relation to what exactly. The dude's a beast.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ

I'll agree with some other entrepreneur friends of mine that it may be a bit too macho a lot of the time, but I'll be damned if this wasn't a hard hitting podcast for me. I'm not doing 75 hard at the moment as per the rules for a few reasons (I have some opinions on that) but really, not a day goes by that I don't think about it. I wouldn't be back in the gym doing weights 3 to 4 days a week if it weren't for Andy Frisella and the podcast.

It actually reminds me a little bit of Jerry Seinfeld retiring at his peak. I mean, I've hard a few things about 1st phorm not doing so well every now and then, but holy crap, in relation to what exactly. The dude's a beast.

I love MFCEO podcast. Listen to it every day on my 75 hard workouts. Andy is one of my role models.

They just started a new podcast called 'REAL AF'. MF CEO podcast is complete, if it isn't in there its not relevant according to him.

As far as his company not doing well.... Have you seen the new building they are building? Its like 250k Sq. feet. As far as I can see his companies seem insanely successful, I know he has mentioned a few times it will become a billion dollar brand soon.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX

Shoutout to the MFCEO podcast because it has helped me a lot the last few years and also aligns with Fastlane thinking.

So I actually listened to the 1st episode of his new podcast last night "Real AF". Not too bad but the discussion is more focused towards society and popular topics; less business focus so it may not be for everyone now. I think he more so wants to avoid the entrepreneur "guru space" altogether, hence why the new podcast is not about business and is in a completely different category in Podcasts.

But I do agree that everything you need to hear is in MFCEO Project, it feels complete at this point.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
I never thought I would read so many people crying about water. LOL

Before I stopped I would buy 7 gallons of water at the beginning of the week. At the end of each day, the gallon should be gone.

This has motivated me to start again. I failed several times before. The cold shower (Wim Hof turned me on to that), reading, and exercise has been my daily for a few years.

It's a bs excuse but having a pregnant wife who is from Louisiana and cooks like she is from there does NOT help with the diet portion which is the part I've failed on. LOL

The water part is easy lol. 2nd nature to drink a gallon for me.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Shoutout to the MFCEO podcast because it has helped me a lot the last few years and also aligns with Fastlane thinking.

So I actually listened to the 1st episode of his new podcast last night "Real AF". Not too bad but the discussion is more focused towards society and popular topics; less business focus so it may not be for everyone now. I think he more so wants to avoid the entrepreneur "guru space" altogether, hence why the new podcast is not about business and is in a completely different category in Podcasts.

But I do agree that everything you need to hear is in MFCEO Project, it feels complete at this point.
Oh yeah I just saw he was starting something else. Yeah, you are right, and he mentioned himself a few times that everything he has to say about business is in the hundreds of episodes already there.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Done.

Full write up soon.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GYM BEAST!!

I know you did it for yourself but.. the rest of us are jumping up and down for your skeletal looking a$$!! Woooohoooo!!

Eat something. Please. Anything. LMFAO

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Okay, so a proper post (multiple topless pics incoming :clench:)...

6th May 2018...

I felt and looked quite rough. Had lost a lot of focus and drive.
I think this pic was my fitness low point - it is quite embarrassing to post here tbh.

24th May 2019 - Day #1, Attempt #1 of challenge

Not much better than above. I had been back in the gym here and there from mid-2018 to mid-2019 but hadn't made a whole lot of progress. Probably my diet/sleep being off was still holding me back a lot.

Day #216, attempt 16 of the challenge...

This was on the Swiss/Italien border just a few days ago. I was having a bit of fun with my daily progress pic but it was a cool moment also - got to snowboard in amazing conditions for a week with my brother and it was probably one of my coolest vacations yet.

Final day pic...

I flew back to Poland on my final day and did my walk in some light snow and my final workout here in the house (got a nice basic home gym set up for days I don't want to go to the real day).

My final reading was Unscripted which I have now nearly fully reread. It has been hitting me quite hard this time and was the perfect book to finish this challenge on. Thanks @MJ DeMarco as always.

---

Overall I am glad to be finished but it has actually been a little bit of down moment too.

Looking at these pics it is great to see the physical progress but I feel like I now see how much progress I could have been potentially making in other areas - and haven't.

So my finishing feeling with this challenge is that of satisfaction but also some regret. I regret I didn't start being this focused a long time ago in fitness but also in business and life in general.

I am coming into 2020 with a determined mindset - apply what I learned here to everything and step up my game. I want to look back at my whole life at the end of 2020 and see the same kind of progress I made above.

Any challenge questions let me know but those are my main thoughts for now.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Okay, so a proper post (multiple topless pics incoming :clench:)...

6th May 2018...

View attachment 29403

I felt and looked quite rough. Had lost a lot of focus and drive.
I think this pic was my fitness low point - it is quite embarrassing to post here tbh.

24th May 2019 - Day #1, Attempt #1 of challenge

View attachment 29404

Not much better than above. I had been back in the gym here and there from mid-2018 to mid-2019 but hadn't made a whole lot of progress. Probably my diet/sleep being off was still holding me back a lot.

Day #216, attempt 16 of the challenge...

View attachment 29405

This was on the Swiss/Italien border just a few days ago. I was having a bit of fun with my daily progress pic but it was a cool moment also - got to snowboard in amazing conditions for a week with my brother and it was probably one of my coolest vacations yet.

Final day pic...

View attachment 29406

I flew back to Poland on my final day and did my walk in some light snow and my final workout here in the house (got a nice basic home gym set up for days I don't want to go to the real day).

My final reading was Unscripted which I have now nearly fully reread. It has been hitting me quite hard this time and was the perfect book to finish this challenge on. Thanks @MJ DeMarco as always.

---

Overall I am glad to be finished but it has actually been a little bit of down moment too.

Looking at these pics it is great to see the physical progress but I feel like I now see how much progress I could have been potentially making in other areas - and haven't.

So my finishing feeling with this challenge is that of satisfaction but also some regret. I regret I didn't start being this focused a long time ago in fitness but also in business and life in general.

I am coming into 2020 with a determined mindset - apply what I learned here to everything and step up my game. I want to look back at my whole life at the end of 2020 and see the same kind of progress I made above.

Any challenge questions let me know but those are my main thoughts for now.

Are you able to share your workout routines for Monday - Sunday (gym wise). Usually workouts have rest days in them, so I’m curious to see how you scheduled it.

Would like to start the challenge as soon as my replacement card comes in and I can buy a gym membership.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.