The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Andy's AdWords Course - Get found by the people already looking for you

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Failing fast is so much better than failing ssslllooowwwlllyyy... ;-)
Indeed.

I build AdWords campaigns a certain way not only to generate leads and sales, but to also determine where the search volume is so we can build what the market actually wants rather than what we hope it wants.

This radio interview describes the first time I had that aha moment:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Private Facebook group created for course students.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
As promised here is my review:

As Andy has been an expert in this field and has posted info and content worth probably thousands of dollars for free, the moment I saw that he made a course, I was like "take my money, here, teach me the magic"

It was a process of "if he gave so much value for free, what he is charging money for must be gold."

--

Prior to signing up for the course, I didn't know how to do anything in AdWords except to check traffic for a certain keyword. I have seen some courses but It was all an information overload and you would just get lost. Plus, the most important thing, I had nowhere to use it. That is the thing I hate the most when you can't put something to practice, it fades away from your mind. Now, I had a client with a business that could benefit from it, and I am launching a new business soon that will also benefit from it.

The best way to describe his course is "short and sweet" :D

He gives you a SOLID foundation of absolutely everything you need to know on how to make your ad, ad extensions, keyword research, what options to use when setting up a campaign, how to get around in the AdWords. Only the things you NEED. As he describes it "no fluff". It is around 1 hour of content give or take and after that you will have your ad up on google, and it will be ahead of 80% of other ads because he shows stuff that most other people don't use.

One of the more important things he taught me is how NOT to waste your money, you can get a CPC(cost per click) as low as 0.5$, which is great. To me, prior to the course, that wasn't really how it went, I thought you needed to spend min 1.5$ per click, even more. (that might be the case for other industries, but what I am trying to say is, you don't need to spend as much as I thought.)

You won't be sitting there wondering if you did this or that right, or how to do this, everything is clear and to the point. And even if you did, as he is such a great guy, I'm sure he will go out of his way as always to help and explain everything.

Almost forgot to mention, I have been testing this on my client with her business and for the cost of around 20$ in adspend, she got a client for around 150$. So that's a nice return.

--

In my opinion, if you plan on swimming in the entrepreneurial waters for the rest of your life like me, then you should learn how to use google ads. It is such a valuable thing to know.

And I think the absolutely best way to do this is by getting his course.

10/10

:thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As promised here is my review:

As Andy has been an expert in this field and has posted info and content worth probably thousands of dollars for free, the moment I saw that he made a course, I was like "take my money, here, teach me the magic"

It was a process of "if he gave so much value for free, what he is charging money for must be gold."

--

Prior to signing up for the course, I didn't know how to do anything in AdWords except to check traffic for a certain keyword. I have seen some courses but It was all an information overload and you would just get lost. Plus, the most important thing, I had nowhere to use it. That is the thing I hate the most when you can't put something to practice, it fades away from your mind. Now, I had a client with a business that could benefit from it, and I am launching a new business soon that will also benefit from it.

The best way to describe his course is "short and sweet" :D

He gives you a SOLID foundation of absolutely everything you need to know on how to make your ad, ad extensions, keyword research, what options to use when setting up a campaign, how to get around in the AdWords. Only the things you NEED. As he describes it "no fluff". It is around 1 hour of content give or take and after that you will have your ad up on google, and it will be ahead of 80% of other ads because he shows stuff that most other people don't use.

One of the more important things he taught me is how NOT to waste your money, you can get a CPC(cost per click) as low as 0.5$, which is great. To me, prior to the course, that wasn't really how it went, I thought you needed to spend min 1.5$ per click, even more. (that might be the case for other industries, but what I am trying to say is, you don't need to spend as much as I thought.)

You won't be sitting there wondering if you did this or that right, or how to do this, everything is clear and to the point. And even if you did, as he is such a great guy, I'm sure he will go out of his way as always to help and explain everything.

Almost forgot to mention, I have been testing this on my client with her business and for the cost of around 20$ in adspend, she got a client for around 150$. So that's a nice return.

--

In my opinion, if you plan on swimming in the entrepreneurial waters for the rest of your life like me, then you should learn how to use google ads. It is such a valuable thing to know.

And I think the absolutely best way to do this is by getting his course.

10/10

:thumbsup:
A 10/10 and a thumbs up? Thank you!

Also... you've hit the nail on the head. For those with more time than money - you can read all my posts and try and work out how to get campaigns up and running and beat the competition. It'll likely take you 18+ hours to read everything.

For those that want to just get results and spend a minimum amount of time and only a little bit of money, the course is the "no fluff" route.

My favourite bit in your post though was the bit your nearly forgot to mention:

BOOM!

How does it feel to have this skillset at your finger tips now?

Do you see why I don't offer a money back guarantee? I can't take this ability away from you now.

Thank you for implementing.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
How does it feel to have this skillset at your finger tips now?

Definitely great, and I know that the return for this will be huge in the future.

Do you see why I don't offer a money back guarantee? I can't take this ability away from you now.

In my opinion, The only reason someone would like their money back is their lack of inaction with all the things you provided. It's all simple and laid out.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
A note for those looking at possibly purchasing the course!

If you buy the course as a standalone, it's $399.

However, if you're a Fastlane INSIDERS, it's only $299! You can become an INSIDERS for as little as $20/mo. for three months!

If you sign up as an INSIDERS before your purchase, not only do you save ~10% on the course, but you also get three months of high-level content from the forum you all know and love. I'll be joining and signing up myself soon!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Is there a point where you go revise search terms after a campaign has been successfully running for months/years? Maybe people changed their search behavior?"

For some accounts I review the search terms just once a year. What people search for and how they search just doesn't change.

"washing machine repairs dublin" has been a top search term for years for my Dublin Washing Machine Repairs client.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Why did you decide not to go down the ecommerce route? I believe with your skills, you could sell any product like crazy."

Say I'm selling red Nike shoes online, in the UK. I only need 7 other good advertisers on Google to have a full compliment of good competing ads. That means there only needs 7 good AdWords competitors in the whole of the UK. And eCommerce businesses are more likely to be decent at online advertising - since they're an online business.

If I took on a client selling red Nike shoes and nailed the campaigns for them, then I can't take my knowledge to another client and run ads for them too without competing with my first client.

Say instead I get a Family Lawyer in Edinburgh as a client. Are there 7 other good AdWords advertisers competing with my Edinburgh Family Lawyer ads? Probably not. The competition is a lot softer for local lead gen.

If I nail the campaigns for the Family Lawyer in Edinburgh, I can then take my learnings to other cities in the UK, without competing with my first client. I can sell the widget more than once. I can scale.

On top of that, people who search with a location in their search term are much more likely to convert than those that don't. So it's easier to get better converting visitors via local lead gen anyway.

Why am I managing campaigns for clients and not just running them for myself in the first place?

I get paid, to learn a business vertical, from a business person in that vertical, with their ad spend.

One day (and it's getting nearer), I'll run campaigns to my own products, and ease out of providing a service.

I quite like clients paying me to build my business though.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hi Andy,

Thanks for this course; I would definitely recommend anyone who wants to learn about paid advertising to take this. A lot of the examples are geared towards local businesses, however I am looking to become a superstar online seller and I believe it's invaluable.

The big thing for me was getting the $99 call and going through what I had been doing; there were plenty of aha! moments which I've pasted below.

ADWORD AHA MOMENTS

1. Finding the search term tab and linking that to the concept of broad match keywords – finally understand the difference between search terms and keywords.

2. Understanding the impression share metrics and what that means regarding overall amount of impressions for the day.

3. Understanding how to tweak the budget, using the Impression Share Lost Through Budget metric.

4. Understanding the ‘holy trinity’ of keyword, ad and landing page – all have to be congruent with each other.

5. Understanding the reason for putting one keyword per ad group in order to attain the ‘holy trinity’.

6. Using the plus sign gives a modified broad match, not an exact match. Meaning that the words with plus added to them, have to be used in the term. However this means close variants will still be caught, for example +handle can produce the word handling within a search term (which may or may not be a good thing with that particular word).

7. If you do not check your search terms and filter out irrelevant ones, then your CTR (click through rate) will go down. If that goes down too much then Google will penalise you. They will penalise you by not showing your ad for the most relevant search terms. Pushing you further and further to the side.

8. CTR can be improved by removing needless search terms and increasing click bids.

9. By concentrating on the correct search terms you increase your sphere of influence.

I'm sure there will be more; however these will keep me going for a while :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy,

Thanks for this course; I would definitely recommend anyone who wants to learn about paid advertising to take this. A lot of the examples are geared towards local businesses, however I am looking to become a superstar online seller and I believe it's invaluable.

The big thing for me was getting the $99 call and going through what I had been doing; there were plenty of aha! moments which I've pasted below.

ADWORD AHA MOMENTS

1. Finding the search term tab and linking that to the concept of broad match keywords – finally understand the difference between search terms and keywords.

2. Understanding the impression share metrics and what that means regarding overall amount of impressions for the day.

3. Understanding how to tweak the budget, using the Impression Share Lost Through Budget metric.

4. Understanding the ‘holy trinity’ of keyword, ad and landing page – all have to be congruent with each other.

5. Understanding the reason for putting one keyword per ad group in order to attain the ‘holy trinity’.

6. Using the plus sign gives a modified broad match, not an exact match. Meaning that the words with plus added to them, have to be used in the term. However this means close variants will still be caught, for example +handle can produce the word handling within a search term (which may or may not be a good thing with that particular word).

7. If you do not check your search terms and filter out irrelevant ones, then your CTR (click through rate) will go down. If that goes down too much then Google will penalise you. They will penalise you by not showing your ad for the most relevant search terms. Pushing you further and further to the side.

8. CTR can be improved by removing needless search terms and increasing click bids.

9. By concentrating on the correct search terms you increase your sphere of influence.

I'm sure there will be more; however these will keep me going for a while :)
Thanks for that write up @Roli. Rep+

Good to see so many things clicking for you.

Did you make any changes after the call, and what effect have they had on campaign performance?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks for that write up @Roli. Rep+

Good to see so many things clicking for you.

Did you make any changes after the call, and what effect have they had on campaign performance?

No problemo!

The main changes I made after the call were, making multiple ad groups in single campaigns rather than multiple campaigns each with a single ad group.

Also highlighting the negative keywords and adding those to another identical campaign.

Created a couple of shared budgets to run a few campaigns at once.

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Quick review:

I actually joined the INSIDERS just to learn more from Andy and his no-fluff super simple way of teaching powerful principles and concepts.

When I notice he had a course it was a no-brainer to me, i have 4 local clients paying me good for facebook marketing, but want to learn to use adwords as a trip wire to acquire new clients

I have one chiropractic adwords client but I dont charge him much since he only get 1 customer/m from it (my town is small as f***)

Going through the course I catch myself "was this all?!". I had a skype with Andy a while back and he talked like it was a rabbit hole.. but this was just too easy.

I dont know what I expected but the fact that I know how easy it is makes me much more confident talking to clients, and now I have a step by step model I can teach future employees.

In the end of the course it is a video for over 1 hour that makes the whole course clearer in terms of the "overall overview" and you will learn small settings insights that will save you the price of the course with only one campaign active !

This is no fancy graphics, get rich copy or strategies that will be banned in 2017, this is a timeless course for using search ads for maximum results!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Quick review:

I actually joined the INSIDERS just to learn more from Andy and his no-fluff super simple way of teaching powerful principles and concepts.

When I notice he had a course it was a no-brainer to me, i have 4 local clients paying me good for facebook marketing, but want to learn to use adwords as a trip wire to acquire new clients

I have one chiropractic adwords client but I dont charge him much since he only get 1 customer/m from it (my town is small as f***)

Going through the course I catch myself "was this all?!". I had a skype with Andy a while back and he talked like it was a rabbit hole.. but this was just too easy.

I dont know what I expected but the fact that I know how easy it is makes me much more confident talking to clients, and now I have a step by step model I can teach future employees.

In the end of the course it is a video for over 1 hour that makes the whole course clearer in terms of the "overall overview" and you will learn small settings insights that will save you the price of the course with only one campaign active !

This is no fancy graphics, get rich copy or strategies that will be banned in 2017, this is a timeless course for using seach ads for maximum results!
Thanks for the review @eekern.

"It's easy when you know how."

I consider this mission accomplished.

You're at the top of the rabbit-hole, but you don't need to descend to be able to create great ads and beat the vast majority of AdWords users out there.

May I ask how long it took you to go through the core lessons (before the 1 hour video audit that solidified it for you)?

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
May I ask how long it took you to go through the core lessons (before the 1 hour video audit that solidified it for you)?

I just run through it in one sitting I guess... while implementing what I learn, I will for sure go through it 10 more times once I get a new adwords client ;)

Locomote

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Feb 10, 2017
Canada
Just finished Andy's Adwords Course.

I had no prior experience with Google Adwords, and was able to have my first ad campaign set up within hours.

By taking the Adwords course I saved a massive amount of time searching and researching for info about Adwords, well worth the price tag!

Great course and I would recommend it to anyone! (10/10)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I had no prior experience with Google Adwords, and was able to have my first ad campaign set up within hours.

By taking the Adwords course I saved a massive amount of time searching and researching for info about Adwords, well worth the price tag!
^^^ This is what it's all about folks...

Thanks for the review @Locomote

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Alright guys. I bit the bullet, purchased the course, and finished it two days ago. Here's my review.

So here's what you get with the course. Straightforward information, very clear, very well-explained walkthroughs through everything that you need to know in order to get your ads going.

The course is presented in an over-the-shoulder style fashion in which we get to watch our good friend Andy create an ad, explaining the what and the why with every step as he goes along.

There is ZERO fluff in this entire course. It's an actionable guide that you can use to get started and get ads going within one/two-hours time.

The day after finishing this course, I got inspired to take some massive action and just start cranking out ads and see what came of it. Within 30 minutes, using the wonderful tools Andy provides in his course, I had four beautiful, high-quality ads up and running. This morning, I woke up out of bed to see that a few people have already seen the ads, and sent me an email inquiring about one of the services they found!

The Forum is all about taking action, and Andy has given us a phenomenal guide on how to do exactly that.

10/10,

☆☆☆☆☆

Would recommend to everyone interested in Local Lead Gen.

As I posted earlier, there's also a 10% discount on the course! Join the INSIDERS for $60, and you will be able to purchase the course for only $299!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Alright guys. I bit the bullet, purchased the course, and finished it two days ago. Here's my review.

So here's what you get with the course. Straightforward information, very clear, very well-explained walkthroughs through everything that you need to know in order to get your ads going.

The course is presented in an over-the-shoulder style fashion in which we get to watch our good friend Andy create an ad, explaining the what and the why with every step as he goes along.

There is ZERO fluff in this entire course. It's an actionable guide that you can use to get started and get ads going within one/two-hours time.

The day after finishing this course, I got inspired to take some massive action and just start cranking out ads and see what came of it. Within 30 minutes, using the wonderful tools Andy provides in his course, I had four beautiful, high-quality ads up and running. This morning, I woke up out of bed to see that a few people have already seen the ads, and sent me an email inquiring about one of the services they found!

The Forum is all about taking action, and Andy has given us a phenomenal guide on how to do exactly that.

10/10,

☆☆☆☆☆

Would recommend to everyone interested in Local Lead Gen.

As I posted earlier, there's also a 10% discount on the course! Join the INSIDERS for $60, and you will be able to purchase the course for only $299!
Great stuff @TheDillon__

Getting that first enquiry for a new project never gets old.

Getting your first ever via an ad *you* created is like a new world suddenly opening up in front of you.

Well done on implementing, and well done on getting that enquiry.

Oh, and thanks for such a great review.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
View attachment 14804

Results of my Adwords campaign after 6 days.

I had ZERO AdWords experience before this.

I HIGHLY recommend this course! Andy certainly knows his stuff!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great to see you're in the thick of it now @MidwestLandlord. The real learning begins now. ;)

You can join the Facebook group and get additional support for questions you may have. I'm pretty responsive in there... much more so than aome in Google that's for sure.

Thanks for a great review and your recommendation.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I was one of the beta testers for this course. I JUST NOW got to actually finish the thing.

First of all, it's worth every penny. What it does is explain a rather complex software system as if it's a no brainer, then shows you exactly how you can get found.

There's hours of material, including an actual account audit on an actual client. However, if you just want the Adwords tutorial, that's enough to get started generating some leads.

This course combines the technical aspect with the marketing aspect and teaches it in an accessible, jargon-free manner. Adwords is VERY technical, but Andy shows you how to get through it despite the complexity of Adwords.

Andy said somewhere before that Adwords is a tool built by nerds, for nerds, which is why it's relatively complex and difficult to use if you don't know how to navigate it. Not a nerd? Now you can be as smart as one.

Second of all, it's worth every penny. It explains thoroughly what a business needs to do in order to advertise locally and to people that signal purchase or call intent. This is big.

Imagine if you could be in front of the people, in your town, who want what you offer right now. That's what Adwords does... if you do it right.

A BIG PART that Andy goes over is how you can actually BEAT the competition, especially if you're local.

Not only do I recommend you buy this course, I recommend you USE what you learn. Build a campaign and test it.

For those who are deep into Internet marketing learning, you'll know that the secret of profitability lies in the data you collect. Andy shows you how to buy data and analyze it using the system that he created himself.

In other words, this gives you the framework to FIND people who want what you offer, GET IN CONTACT with these people, and, ultimately, PROFIT.

I can't recommend this course enough.

tl;dr It's worth every penny.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was one of the beta testers for this course. I JUST NOW got to actually finish the thing.

First of all, it's worth every penny. What it does is explain a rather complex software system as if it's a no brainer, then shows you exactly how you can get found.

There's hours of material, including an actual account audit on an actual client. However, if you just want the Adwords tutorial, that's enough to get started generating some leads.

This course combines the technical aspect with the marketing aspect and teaches it in an accessible, jargon-free manner. Adwords is VERY technical, but Andy shows you how to get through it despite the complexity of Adwords.

Andy said somewhere before that Adwords is a tool built by nerds, for nerds, which is why it's relatively complex and difficult to use if you don't know how to navigate it. Not a nerd? Now you can be as smart as one.

Second of all, it's worth every penny. It explains thoroughly what a business needs to do in order to advertise locally and to people that signal purchase or call intent. This is big.

Imagine if you could be in front of the people, in your town, who want what you offer right now. That's what Adwords does... if you do it right.

A BIG PART that Andy goes over is how you can actually BEAT the competition, especially if you're local.

Not only do I recommend you buy this course, I recommend you USE what you learn. Build a campaign and test it.

For those who are deep into Internet marketing learning, you'll know that the secret of profitability lies in the data you collect. Andy shows you how to buy data and analyze it using the system that he created himself.

In other words, this gives you the framework to FIND people who want what you offer, GET IN CONTACT with these people, and, ultimately, PROFIT.

I can't recommend this course enough.

tl;dr It's worth every penny.
Thanks for going through the course and the fine review @The-J.

Just to be clear to anyone considering the course:

There's a 1 hour optional (but recommended) podcast prior to taking the core lessons. This will get your mindset right.

Then there's 1 hour of video for the core lessons.

Then a 1 hour audit of an account that will make more sense after you have a campaign running and are wondering what to look at to dial it in.

And I link to another 1 hour podcast that talks more about freedom, motivation, and grow what you know.

If you just wanted to get an ad running then there's only 1 hour of video in the core lessons. You could be up and running in a couple of hours.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How do you pause campaigns if a client (or you) goes on holiday?

Normal ways:
  • Select each campaign and change the green button to paused.
  • OR select all campaigns, or a few campaigns, then click "Edit > Pause".

Minor problems:

• The AdWords algorithm likely rechecks campaigns that were paused and unpaused. Not what we want if campaigns have been built years ago and are maybe non-compliant with current policies.
  • There might have already been campaigns that are paused and supposed to stay paused. How will we know which ones to unpause later on?

Simple solution:

• This works if we're using a shared budget(s) across all the campaigns.
  • Name the Shared budget as "Shared €xx" where xx is the size of the daily budget.
  • When you want to "pause" the campaigns, just set the shared budget to €0.01 (you can just click the amount and make the change).
  • When you want to "unpause" the campaigns, set the shared budget back to xx.

upload_2017-7-12_9-57-12.png

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Andy Black - How did I miss you had a course. Quick question - would this course work well to train up a complete newbie? I'm training up a new staff member in social and paid advertising and so would be great if I could just hand the Adwords part over to "you"!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black - How did I miss you had a course. Quick question - would this course work well to train up a complete newbie? I'm training up a new staff member in social and paid advertising and so would be great if I could just hand the Adwords part over to "you"!
Yep. Newbie friendly. Check out some of the reviews in the comments.

It's also for people who've been doing AdWords a while. Just because I've summarised it down to an hour doesn't mean it's not powerful stuff. :)

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Just because I've summarised it down to an hour doesn't mean it's not powerful stuff. :)

Never doubted that for a moment! The more bulked out a course is, the more I'm convinced it's not that good and packed with filler content!!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Never doubted that for a moment! The more bulked out a course is, the more I'm convinced it's not that good and packed with filler content!!
My thinking is: an 18 hour course for $10 means 18+ hours of my time to get through it. What's 18 hours of my time worth?

I've deliberately created a short and no fluff course to appeal to people who value their time.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
How do you pause campaigns if a client (or you) goes on holiday?

Normal ways:
  • Select each campaign and change the green button to paused.
  • OR select all campaigns, or a few campaigns, then click "Edit > Pause".

Minor problems:

• The AdWords algorithm likely rechecks campaigns that were paused and unpaused. Not what we want if campaigns have been built years ago and are maybe non-compliant with current policies.
  • There might have already been campaigns that are paused and supposed to stay paused. How will we know which ones to unpause later on?

Simple solution:

• This works if we're using a shared budget(s) across all the campaigns.
  • Name the Shared budget as "Shared €xx" where xx is the size of the daily budget.
  • When you want to "pause" the campaigns, just set the shared budget to €0.01 (you can just click the amount and make the change).
  • When you want to "unpause" the campaigns, set the shared budget back to xx.

View attachment 15503

Hey Andy, great post. What do you think about the old ads format and new expanded text ads format? A bit vague question, but do you think now the newer expandable text ads might perform a little better, or worse?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.