The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your best strategies for promoting a book

Marketing, social media, advertising

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello,
I published a book three years ago, it is rather appreciated by the public and sells itself even if I do not advertise it.
I would like to generate more income each month, and therefore increase my sales. Currently, I have already tried to promote by responding to tweets related to the theme, or on specialized facebook groups, by creating backlinks on other site. I tested Facebook Ads and Google Ads and had very few conclusive results to continue.
I would like to know if you know of other techniques that I can perform daily to promote my work more?
I specify that it is already available in French and English.
Thank you for your precious help, have a nice day everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Hello,
I published a book three years ago, it is rather appreciated by the public and sells itself even if I do not advertise it.
I would like to generate more income each month, and therefore increase my sales. Currently, I have already tried to promote by responding to tweets related to the theme, or on specialized facebook groups, by creating backlinks on other site. I tested Facebook Ads and Google Ads and had very few conclusive results to continue.
I would like to know if you know of other techniques that I can perform daily to promote my work more?
How to promote your book will depend on where and how you are selling it.

If you are only selling through your own website you will need to generate additional traffic to your site. Perhaps try selling on some of the book retailers for additional visibility. The likes of Amazon will literally generate customers for you but you will need more than one book to make that work well.

Do you have another book or perhaps a shorter book you can sell cheaply on Amazon to gain visibility?

I sell through my own website, Amazon, Google Books, Apple Books, Barnes & Noble. Approximately 60% of my sales come through Amazon and I have a lot of people tell me that they then buy directly from me.

Also if you are selling through your own site have you optimised the sales/conversion process? A small improvement there could increase your sales with your existing traffic.

As I say, it depends where and how you are selling your book.

D

Deleted85763

Hello,
How many books have you sold so far and for how much?

Have you looked into Amazon and other online platforms?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Could you write and publish a second book that would hook in new readers maybe even some sort of follow-up to the 1st one and than they would discover the 1st one?

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Try IG ads, Twitter ads, giveaways, book deal sites, etc. In other words, there's 127 other strategies you haven't experimented with yet - so no one can really tell you what will work for your specific book until you try them all.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Thanks a lot for your answers !
To answer you, my book is published by Amazon Kdp and sold only on this platform, and it is true that selling it by myself could be interesting I will think about it.
In terms of sales, I have passed 1000 in three years.
The idea of following and / where free sample is indeed very interesting too! I note :)
It is true that I have not tried these last strategies, thank you for presenting them to me SEOGuy.
Thank you all for your help and your leads, it will help me a lot! :)

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Thanks a lot for your answers !
To answer you, my book is published by Amazon Kdp and sold only on this platform, and it is true that selling it by myself could be interesting I will think about it.
In terms of sales, I have passed 1000 in three years.
The idea of following and / where free sample is indeed very interesting too! I note :)
It is true that I have not tried these last strategies, thank you for presenting them to me SEOGuy.
Thank you all for your help and your leads, it will help me a lot! :)
Now that I know you are selling on Amazon I would also suggest using Amazon Ads. They can make a big difference to your level of sales.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I will try, thank you ! ;)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Publish sections or all of it for free online?

I bet this online book got shared loads:
I’ve not read it even though it’s free online. I’d buy it as a paperback if one existed - because of all the feedback the free online version got in this forum.

My podcast host has published a book. I suggested he put it online for free, formatted like the book above. He loves that idea.

What about turning some of the content into YouTube videos, podcasts, blog articles on your website, Medium, LinkedIn, etc?

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
It is true that it is a superb idea, I like it a lot! I went to see JotForm, it's amazing all the content that is offered for free, it's crazy. Thank you very much for sharing and ideas !! :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.