The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building an eBook Writing & Publishing Business (Best Strategy to Reach US/UK/Canada Clients)

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
Greetings Fastlaners,

I hope you are all doing well during these turbulent and unprecedented times.

2021 has been learning, stretching and challenging one for my team and me. By the close of the year, I had a couple of opportunities to build other businesses besides my web design and digital marketing agency. One of them is creating ebooks to help businesses to generate leads via landing pages, opt-in-pop-ups, build thought leadership, or even generate passive income sources via Amazon.

Over the last four years, I noticed that my core expertise has been in content writing and had done over 6,000 articles (along with my content team) and multiple ebooks for clients in USA, UK, Canada, India, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana. During these times, most of the deals came from agencies we work with abroad.

Well, I started a new business of writing and publishing ebooks.

Need: Business coaches, academic professionals, digital marketers and technical professionals want to write a book to chronicle their expertise, but they seem to be very busy, procrastinating a lot, feeling lazy to write, do not have the time and or the writing skills to get the job done. Some folks even want to write a biography about their life and publish as an ebook, published material or feature on popular platforms such as Forbes, New York Times, Wikipedia etc. Others want to write kids/children fiction storybooks, short stories, TV movie story series and short novels. But it never gets done.

Problem: Looking for better ways to reach out to target customers, close deals and serve more people in 2021.

Below is a preview of our plan to generate leads and grow the business:

Target Market
  1. Consultants
  2. Life/Business Coaches
  3. Tech Professionals
  4. Health Professionals
  5. Pastors/ Spiritual Leaders
  6. Business Executives
  7. Academic Professionals
  8. Marketing Agencies (Optin-eBooks)
Current Scenario of Target Customers
  1. I’m procrastinating writing my book
  2. I’m not good at writing
  3. I’m a speaker but not an effective writer
  4. I’m very busy and do not enough time to write
  5. I can write but I just feel lazy to sit, research and write the book
  6. I need expert help to review, create and write my book
  7. I am often exhausted, stressed and wired
  8. I am so much distracted and need help
  9. I find it challenging to research and put my content together
  10. I think getting published will be a bit of a challenge

How We Help Target Customers

1. Done For You >> From Ideation to Creation (Ghost Writing)
  2. Done With You >> Transcribe, Raw Data and Creation (Joint Writing)
  3. Get Published in 30 Days or Less
  4. Opt-in-eBook to Generate Leads
  5. eBook to Publish on Amazon and other distribution channels,
  6. eBook to Print ( Print Books)
  7. eBook to Serve as a Blog/ Web Resource/ e-Guide to help others

Improved Scenario After We Help

1. Faster Turnaround in 30 Days or Less
  2. Sell in eBook, Audiobook or Print Version
  3. Build Authority in Your Field of Practice
  4. Promote, Market and Sell Faster
  5. Gain Credibility and Authorship Reputation
  6. Support, Guide and help through Process
Operations Process

1. Prospecting​
2. Follow-Up​
3. Closing Deals​
4. Placing Orders​
5. Project Delivery​
6. Submission for Review​
7. Corrections Where Necessary​
8. Submissions for Approval​
9. Completion​

Sales Messaging/Communication Channels

1. Facebook Messenger​
2. Linkedln Messenger​
3. WhatsApp Messenger​
4. Email Communications​
5. Forum Messengers​
6. Craigslist Communications​
7. Cold Calls​
QUESTIONS: Please, looking for fresh new ideas on how we can reach out to target customers across Africa, USA, UK, and Canada.....helping them to publish their ebooks in 30day or less at very affordable prices. I also created a one-page website to run operations: https://myebookwriter.expandgh.com
I currently have three projects: Wikipedia Biography, 250-page book edit and a fresh new book from a client in the USA. But this came from a referral. Looking to explore ways to reach out and help more people with their ebook projects.... doing excellent work and serving them the best way possible.​

Kindly review and let me know your thoughts. I really appreciate it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Nice landing page. I used to be in a similar business (actually in the process of shutting down operations).

I have no idea how you can make it work with these prices. Can you really ensure high quality with $1000 for 30,000 words AND editing, cover design, and publishing? High quality cover alone costs at the very, very least $200.

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
Nice landing page. I used to be in a similar business (actually in the process of shutting down operations).

I have no idea how you can make it work with these prices. Can you really ensure high quality with $1000 for 30,000 words AND editing, cover design, and publishing? High quality cover alone costs at the very, very least $200.

Thanks for your input. Well, I am still working on it and comparing prices from others. I guess cover design and publishing are the key part that I am trying to figure pricing for me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thanks for your input. Well, I am still working on it and comparing prices from others. I guess cover design and publishing are the key part that I am trying to figure pricing for me.

Then this is your #1 focus for now. Figure out the pricing or it will kill your business as it has mine (in addition to other stuff that wasn't as easy to solve as raising prices).

For what you want to offer, I think that the lowest sensible price to make it work for a 30,000-word bundle of services (and 1.5 months of your work) would be at the very least $5,000 for something solid. Otherwise you'd have to cut corners for sure.

Editing alone, done by an average editor, will cost you at least $300 for 30,000 words. And you should do two rounds of editing - copyediting and then final proofreading.

The time factor is incredibly important here. If it's 6 weeks of your time, you can't make $50 in profit on a project. You need to have much higher margins. Also, note that when working with clients on such projects, often it will take more time than the 6 weeks. I'm STILL working with a client with whom I started working half a year ago. And that was for a project that was supposed to be finished in a month.

Don't forget about future costs. You'd want to hire someone to find clients for you or a project manager to take care of each project. Will you be able to cover their salaries?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
Then this is your #1 focus for now. Figure out the pricing or it will kill your business as it has mine (in addition to other stuff that wasn't as easy to solve as raising prices).

For what you want to offer, I think that the lowest sensible price to make it work for a 30,000-word bundle of services (and 1.5 months of your work) would be at the very least $5,000 for something solid. Otherwise you'd have to cut corners for sure.

Editing alone, done by an average editor, will cost you at least $300 for 30,000 words. And you should do two rounds of editing - copyediting and then final proofreading.

The time factor is incredibly important here. If it's 6 weeks of your time, you can't make $50 in profit on a project. You need to have much higher margins. Also, note that when working with clients on such projects, often it will take more time than the 6 weeks. I'm STILL working with a client with whom I started working half a year ago. And that was for a project that was supposed to be finished in a month.

Don't forget about future costs. You'd want to hire someone to find clients for you or a project manager to take care of each project. Will you be able to cover their salaries?

I perfectly agree with you. I did this while freelancing in 2018 and somewhere in 2019... I only did a couple of ebooks for some few people and agencies.

But I am yet to do this as a business/company.
With your advice, it means I have to work on:

1. Timing of Delivery
2. Pricing (looking at future expansion and employment of other professionals)

I really appreciate your input and insights. I guess you are saving me years of tears, misery and struggle. I'm so much grateful.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.