The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Breo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 9, 2019
Hello fastlane community,
I thanked a lot about my situation and I hope that some comments on this thread can help others and me in my "new" beginning. Very short introduction, i am a nearly 22 years old mechanical student in Germany and my Journey started one year ago when I first saw a video about dropshipping. After that I've watched many videos about self development and I think I have grown a little bit, but I see myself as a naive starter and that's the reason for this Thread. Know back to my situation.
I just started to learn about Amazon Fba and I kinda neglect my studying. I have learned 2 month about Fba in a very slow way, cause I had to study and the results were that I
failed 3 exams and never started Fba.
I understood that I can't succeed in 2 full time works, so I decided to complete my study first. Was that a right decision?
Even if I have decided for my Education, I want to start some smaller Businesses, just to not lose my hunger for self development and success. Which small Business can I start for my new beginning?
And also I have some anxiety, because I break up Fba before I even started it. I don't want to be some one who jumps from Businesses to Businesses. Are there any Entrepreneurs, who broke up some Businesses and still succeed in other Businesses?
I would be very thankful for all answers :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
It's a false choice: school vs. business. You can do both, but it means prioritizing your time. For example, school full-time and starting your business by working on it 1-2 hours per day.

Like anything, consistency is key: the more consistent you are, the more results you'll see.

And don't expect to earn $1 million on your first business. You'll likely have to try a few different businesses before you find what works best for you.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Breo - welcome to the forum. Your question, or something like it, has been asked by most on this forum. You're not alone here. But as @Strategery said, only you can answer that question for you. Any answer you get from us would be filtered and massaged through our life's experiences. Some on this forum, maybe many, have dropped out of (didn't even start) higher education and are very successful. Others have advanced degrees and have also been successful (maybe not in the field of their education). For some it was a conscious decision. For others, that's just how it turned out.

I agree with @NMdad - you can do both. Treat your entrepreneurial activities as just another set of classes. Here in the US, it is not uncommon for a student to major in a degree such as electrical engineering and "minor" in business. In your case, the minor would be entrepreneurship and there'd be no formal classes - but lots of experiential learning.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Perfect example of someone following trends and channels, not need.

Why FBA? It's like focusing on a nail and a hammer, but having no clue what you want to build.

I suggest starting over and finding a solution you aim to solve. If it requires the nail and a hammer, then yes, focus on it.

Welcome to the forum.

Breo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 9, 2019
It's a false choice: school vs. business. You can do both, but it means prioritizing your time. For example, school full-time and starting your business by working on it 1-2 hours per day.

Like anything, consistency is key: the more consistent you are, the more results you'll see.

And don't expect to earn $1 million on your first business. You'll likely have to try a few different businesses before you find what works best for you.
Thank you for you're answer!

Breo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 9, 2019
Perfect example of someone following trends and channels, not need.

Why FBA? It's like focusing on a nail and a hammer, but having no clue what you want to build.

I suggest starting over and finding a solution you aim to solve. If it requires the nail and a hammer, then yes, focus on it.

Welcome to the forum.
yes I thought of it. It is just like I would follow the trend.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
Have you read MJ's books? They're pretty great... His weighted average decision matrix might give you some clarity in the future.

Breo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 9, 2019
Breo - welcome to the forum. Your question, or something like it, has been asked by most on this forum. You're not alone here. But as @Strategery said, only you can answer that question for you. Any answer you get from us would be filtered and massaged through our life's experiences. Some on this forum, maybe many, have dropped out of (didn't even start) higher education and are very successful. Others have advanced degrees and have also been successful (maybe not in the field of their education). For some it was a conscious decision. For others, that's just how it turned out.

I agree with @NMdad - you can do both. Treat your entrepreneurial activities as just another set of classes. Here in the US, it is not uncommon for a student to major in a degree such as electrical engineering and "minor" in business. In your case, the minor would be entrepreneurship and there'd be no formal classes - but lots of experiential learning.
yeah you're right. I will try to find the solution. First I want to end my higher Education and maybe start some smaller Businesses.

Breo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 9, 2019
Have you read MJ's books? They're pretty great... His weighted average decision matrix might give you some clarity in the future.
Hey, I've bought it but not read yet. Know im reading rich dad poor dad and after that I wanted to start fastlane.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
...when I open a thread and have to like every reply...

Hey, I've bought it but not read yet. Know im reading rich dad poor dad and after that I wanted to start fastlane.

RDPD is sooo 2001. Skip straight to MJ's books and the GOLD threads here. Would've saved me 13 years of F*cking around trying to rent and flip houses (and ultimately losing my shirt) if I had that option.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
RDPD is sooo 2001. Skip straight to MJ's books and the GOLD threads here. Would've saved me 13 years of F*cking around trying to rent and flip houses (and ultimately losing my shirt) if I had that option.
I agree 100%. The only reason I read RDPD is MJ had written TMF yet. Stop wasting you time reading RDPD and start TMF .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...