The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing failed companies the right way?

Idea threads

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
I'm currently watching this video
View: https://youtu.be/nXcz6CHDtwo
and assuming it'll end in how Open Door failed as a company due to sketchy stuff. Reminds me of Carvana and how questionable their practices are as well. Wouldn't a great business idea be to do as these companies did but actually do it for good and without shady practices? It's the idea of not having to come up with a brand new idea but just doing things better than competitors. They both seem to be genuinely good concepts but execution was poor. Just a thought.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
The only issue I can currently come up with is if they were somehow able to patent or otherwise retain their business concept... ? But seems silly but idk lol

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
Ok I'm realizing as I finish watching the video that you need a lot of starting capital or investors

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Are you enjoying this conversation with yourself?

3 posts before you finish the video?

TL;DR (didn’t watch), but I’ll say this: ideas are worth shit, execution is everything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
Yes I am. Finished watching and yeah it seems like the open door idea isn't even viable at this stage so no point in execution as a copycat company tried it and had similar results. Carvana though, actually seems like a good idea so the issue is does seem to be with the execution.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.