The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Color Ferrari Should I Buy? (I Have Twenty Bucks)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have twenty bucks … what color Ferrari do I buy when I succeed?

ferrari.jpg
(Image @biophase)

Ridiculous statement, often equivalent to a ridiculous question quite often found here at the forum.

The poker-face for the WANTREPRENEUR are the hypothetical questions about things that are months, perhaps years away, and that’s assuming you get off your a$$ and do something, and do it right!

I can’t count how many times someone asks a question that is so far into the f*cking future, something that may or may not happen, that asking it is pure mental masturbation. An excuse not to move forward. A reason to say “Eh, I don’t know how so I’m just going to keep my job.

Folks, entrepreneurship is not easy. Its a journey of problem solving and learning.

If you’re trying to invent a new product, your only focus should be creating a great product and it's utility. If you haven’t designed a prototype or found a manufacturer yet, and choose to instead focus on whether to package the product with self-stick plastic labels over paper, you’re jerking off. If you’re asking about logos and business cards, and again, you don’t have a product prototyped, you’re jerking off. If you’re asking tax questions, cuz you know, you’re going to be making millions next month, you’re jerking off.

My answer to these questions ... Quit jerking off.

If you want to buy a Ferrari, don’t ask what color to buy, ASK what you need to do TODAY to afford it in a future TOMORROW. Asking anything else that won’t get you from STEP 1 to STEP 2 is a waste of energy. Worrying about STEP 32? You’re wasting energy. Time. Jerking off. If you don’t get to STEP 32, you won’t have a STEP 32 to worry about, so why bother?

If you are looking for the answers to every step along the journey before starting in any endeavor, you WILL NEVER START. That scenario doesn’t exist and it never will.

For those of you who are not engaged in some type of process (yet), there is only one step to understand, conquer, and solve… and that’s STEP ONE to STEP TWO. That step when you choose the color of your Ferrari? That’s step 1,500 and sorry friend, you have 1,499 more steps to solve. Focus on solving them when they become a part of your TODAY.

Start solving. Start learning. Start doing.

And start seeing results.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Hi I have read all the Gold threads and none of them help explain which color Ferrari I should get. Perhaps you should set up an INSIDERS Call to help all of us having trouble choosing our color... ;)

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You guys are a regular riot! :D

6honeymooners.jpg

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Also: being able to afford a Ferrari isn't 'success'. You can lease a 360 (yes, a red one) for $2k a month and have the owner cover all needed repairs and what not for a little extra. If you're comfortable with what you currently have and just wanna swing your dick around, build (or buy) a business that can make you a passive $2k a month.

It's just a car.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
But wait.

Before you tell me what color I should get.

Can you tell me which MLM I should join?

You know.

The one that will make me the most money.

You know, cause all I want is money, cause I have bills you know.

:hilarious:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Funny, I clicked on this thread, and immediately thought - shit who's wasting our time now? I was pleasantly surprised by a great post.

I used to be like what you described. Thinking, dreaming, etc. At some point, something changed early last year and I forgot about the color of the Ferrari. All I could focus on was business. I noticed that a couple of "wantrepreneur" friends I had could only talk about the "high life" and Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc. That's when I noticed that "Hey, I used to do that, too!"

It was pure mental masturbation.

Now, all I can think about is how I can get to the next level, that next step? The Ferrari si completely forgotten, for now.

When I see one, I'm like, oh yah, I remember I want that. Then, I think, how do I get there and forget about it again.

Great post. Rep transferred.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I admit that I had a mindset similar to this.

I was a Wantrepreneur.

Always thinking about material things, money, easiness, events.

Things that had absolutely NOTHING to do with building a successful business or providing value to consumers. Sure, a successful business can fund these things, nothing wrong with that. But look at the process of building a successful business and you will find that none of these things have anything to do with it. Do you really think that your customers care if you drive a 5 series BMW vs a 1992 Toyota Corolla?

Focus on the boring and difficult. And you will succeed.

I started to become successful when I focused on BORING and DIFFICULT business opportunities.

Why? Because your chances of success go up when your entrepreneurial process is more f*cked up and difficult(PARADOX).

I also started making money when I actually stopped giving a F*ck about money.

You should get excited when your entrepreneurial journey is difficult because it means your chances of success are high. Likewise the easier your journey the less chances of success you have.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
This is a video of a 60 minutes special on Nick Saban, head coach of Alabama football. It had a big impact on me when I first saw it. IMO, it greatly sums up where one's focus should be. Keep in mind, this is a guy who could just "dial it in" and cruise, but he refuses to.

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
LOL. funny thread. but yea....

i got my blinders on to those kinds of threads now - it's almost usually the same thing contextually anyway..

These stories usually go...

1. be broke
2. read tmf
3. brain starts to fizzle with wishful thinking and then suddenly... lighting strikes (the idea)
4. start having fantasies about being 'rich'
5. visit tmf forums to circle jerk while simultaneously forgetting about the entire process of achieving said fantasy/dream/idea.

Honestly, i think this is just the natural bell curve to the cycle of entrepreneurship. The serious ones will stick it out and make something happen. We've already had some successes bred on this forum.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1. be broke
2. read tmf
3. brain starts to fizzle with wishful thinking and then suddenly... lighting strikes (the idea)
4. start having fantasies about being 'rich'
5. visit tmf forums

Ya forgot...

6. Post excited intro and proclaim how you''re going to make $10M in 10 months.
7. Disappear next day, go back to your job, and never return.

G

GuestUser113

The more one emphasizes winning, the less he or she is able to concentrate on what actually causes success. Like little kids in the back seat "Are we there yet?" Get where you’re going 1 mile-marker at a time. Success doesn’t come from pie-in-the-sky thinking. It’s the result of consciously doing something each day that will add to your overall excellence. I love Nick Saban! I'm also reading Ryan Holiday - The Obstacle Is The Way

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I only clicked on this because I was 90% sure it would be one of MJ's threads.

What do you know.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Also: being able to afford a Ferrari isn't 'success'. You can lease a 360 (yes, a red one) for $2k a month and have the owner cover all needed repairs and what not for a little extra. If you're comfortable with what you currently have and just wanna swing your dick around, build (or buy) a business that can make you a passive $2k a month.

It's just a car.

Funny story...

I knew a girl in high school, real bitchy/snooty type. Her parents had an Audi and an Infiniti sedan. Big house. When she turned 16, they leased her a brand new BMW SUV (later crashed.) Somewhere in the middle of our junior or senior year, I forget now, her father declared bankruptcy. Literally all of those years it was about showing off the wealth, when in reality they had very little.

Likewise, I was friends with someone whose parents owned a car dealership, winery, and bus company. Yet if you ever saw this guy or his family you would have no idea. They all did their clothes shopping at Wal-Mart (no joke, everything.) And literally everyone in his family drove a 15-year-old-starting-to-rust pickup truck.

I hadn't read TMF at the time, but even then I remembering realizing just how ironic and polar opposite these 2 situations were. The broke family going out of their way to show people they have cash. And the affluent family going out of their way to avoid showing off money.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL I am exited for the new book.

@Kak, I'll pull a quote out just for you. I know you'll like it...

Educational institutions are now manufacturing an entire generation of brain-dead millennials who have never failed in their entire life, and have a wall of participation trophies to show for it. They’re groomed to believe that hard work is optional. Competing, optional. Going above the call, optional. Born rockstars, these kids think they can just show up and win all that life has to offer.

Of course, the millenials here are the exception. The millenials I see working at In-and-Out Burger through the plate glass window are the exception. These youngsters have the huge advantage over the consensus.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Educational institutions are now manufacturing an entire generation of brain-dead millennials who have never failed in their entire life, and have a wall of participation trophies to show for it. They’re groomed to believe that hard work is optional. Competing, optional. Going above the call, optional. Born rockstars, these kids think they can just show up and win all that life has to offer.
Wow, that is SO true. I'm salivating at the release of this book. After reading the first one like four times now, it'll be AWESOME to have more Fastlane insights.

I feel compelled to make a side note...Looking at that book excerpt, this is part of the reason the ghostwriting model doesn't work for me. A voice like that can't be duplicated for any price. Just sayin'...

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.