The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Using your own wants/needs to create a business

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C
I wrote a post on my blog about creating a business based on yourself as the market

You can read it here: Foolproof Guide to Finding Your Next Business Venture | Startepreneur or below

Don’t ever let not having an idea be your excuse for not starting a business or going ahead with entrepreneurship. First of all, ideas are everywhere and they don’t really matter. Execution is what makes a business.Businesses succeed by executing an idea that fills the needs of customers to its fullest potential and using great business models. Use this method as the first step to launching your venture.

1. List Your Problems

Most people have a bunch problems just laying around waiting to be solved and this is especially true if you’re an entrepreneur. Write down your problems. Not only will it help you start a business, but it’ll help you solve them as well — I’m not trying to be your therapist, I promise. Decide on 3–4 of your most pressing or annoying problems that are capable of being solved.

2. How can you solve this problem?

Now it’s time to delve deep into your inner self. How can these 3 or 4 problems be solved? Think of what you would need in order for your issue to be resolved. Now think of how this solution can be provided.It can be in the form of a physical product, a guide that directs you to a solution or a blog where you write on your quest to solve this issue, the opportunities are endless.

3. Would you buy it?

The first market validation should be yourself. If you were browsing around looking for a solution to your problem and came upon the product you developed, would you purchase it? If yes, skip to step 4. If not, keep developing your product, think of what you would want from a product and how it would have to be presented for you to buy it. Keep making changes and perfecting the product.

4. Roll With It

Launch your business and roll with it. Execute your idea to its fullest potential and do everything you have to to make it successful. Remember, ideas are dime a dozen, it’s the execution that matters.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
:rant:

What credentials do you have that would merit a post such as yours? You last venture failed and as far as I know you haven't mentioned a new one so either it didn't work the first time or you haven't applied your theory yourself.

What I see in this article is just a re-hashing of blog posts and information you have gathered from around the web. Where are you justified in giving out advice when you have never applied your advice to your very own business (unless of course you applied it to the one that failed)?

Also, why the hell are you blogging in the first place? Your blog is not going to generate income, it solves no need, there are a million bigger and better blogs out there with the same info and topics as yours. Does your blog even meet the standards of your "Foolproof Guide to Finding Your Next Business Venture" post?

Why does every other "entrepreneur" want to create a blog, does it make you feel more accomplished then you really are or is it just a convenient way to make it seem like your being productive when all your really doing is sitting around thinking of a new blog post while your business makes zero progress?

You can do whatever the hell you want, but I say: Abandon the fvcking blog, build a real business, gain some real credibility & experience; then when are sitting on a beach in Fiji with nothing to do and more money than you can spend, write your damn blog.

(I'm 16 as well for a couple more days, so don't take this as some adult chewing you out)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
popcorn.gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Too busy making it rain to write about making it rain...

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C

What credentials do you have that would merit a post such as yours? You last venture failed and as far as I know you haven't mentioned a new one so either it didn't work the first time or you haven't applied your theory yourself.

What I see in this article is just a re-hashing of blog posts and information you have gathered from around the web. Where are you justified in giving out advice when you have never applied your advice to your very own business (unless of course you applied it to the one that failed)?

Also, why the hell are you blogging in the first place? Your blog is not going to generate income, it solves no need, there are a million bigger and better blogs out there with the same info and topics as yours. Does your blog even meet the standards of your "Foolproof Guide to Finding Your Next Business Venture" post?

Why does every other "entrepreneur" want to create a blog, does it make you feel more accomplished then you really are or is it just a convenient way to make it seem like your being productive when all your really doing is sitting around thinking of a new blog post while your business makes zero progress?

You can do whatever the hell you want, but I say: Abandon the fvcking blog, build a real business, gain some real credibility & experience; then when are sitting on a beach in Fiji with nothing to do and more money than you can spend, write your damn blog.

(I'm 16 as well for a couple more days, so don't take this as some adult chewing you out)

My blog is a networking tool, not a business. I've met a few cool entrepreneurs that i am currently working with, as you can see there's no ads so it's not something I use to make money.

You have 1 thousand posts on this forum, just think about that...1 thousand and yet you still say I'm wasting time with my blog. And many of them are just you ranting, accusing, or otherwise insulting someone else. People like you make this forum almost cult-like. I have two main businesses I'm doing right now that are pretty profitable but they aren't something original or ingenious so I don't post about them. Once I create an amazing business that I can be proud of I'll share about.

In the meantime, I'll continue to blog. If you don't like it, I totally understand, you always have the option of not reading it. In all honesty I was just waiting for you specifically to write an angry reply because that's just who you are, your attempts to appease/please the successful entrepreneurs of this forum such as Vigilante and MJ are obvious. I'm not sure if you get some sort of gratification from this or you're just bored with your life...

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C
Oh and this is a method I use myself. Used it for a web application I'm working on getting developed in the education field, I have no where near enough to develop it though which is why I'm working on growing my 2 other ventures

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Lol, I have nothing to prove to anyone, I say what is on my mind and rarely filter what I say.

I have 1,000 posts, so? I have used the forums benefits, asked questions, found a few like minded people, and I have accomplished so much in the 9 months since I began racking up that 1,000 posts than I could have ever imagined (and continuing to kick a$$ today).

As for praising the holiest of holy MJ and his gang of successful entrepreneur disciples (lol), respect is given where respect is due, however their opinions (positive or negative) of me do not play any role into my posts.

It's too bad when advice is easily overlooked due to defensive barriers.

Have a wonderful day with your blog, I am going to go play some golf and make some money

(Edit: You know, people like you don't deserve my time; I'll take your advice and I won't post anything but business progress from now on, I encourage you to follow my upcoming posts)

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C
Lol, I have nothing to prove to anyone, I say what is on my mind and rarely filter what I say.

I have 1,000 posts, so? I have used the forums benefits, asked questions, found a few like minded people, and I have accomplished so much in the 9 months since I began racking up that 1,000 posts than I could have ever imagined (and continuing to kick a$$ today).

As for praising the holiest of holy MJ and his gang of successful entrepreneur disciples (lol), respect is given where respect is due, however their opinions (positive or negative) of me do not play any role into my posts.

It's too bad when advice is easily overlooked due to defensive barriers.

Have a wonderful day with your blog, I am going to go play some golf and make some money

Of course I'm going to be defensive, you misunderstood the purpose of my blog, taking it as a fastlane business. My blog is the same thing that this forum is to you, a networking tool, it takes up maybe 10 percent of my time. Just because I don't post about my businesses doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm not the type of person who takes feedback negatively unless the original statement was misconstrued, which it was in this case. I really do appreciate you trying to help me though (seriously). Enjoy your game of golf and good luck with your business

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Execute your idea to its fullest potential
I feel you post may need to be expanded upon. If I would buy my own product, should I execute it to it's fullest potential? Of course I would buy my own product, I thought it up so of course it is a good idea! </sarcasm>

Or should I interview people in my product's market and see what concerns they are having and if my idea would solve their concerns, see if they actually put their money down and pay for it, and see how many other people have these same concerns before i spend my time creating it? My most successful products are ones that I didn't even create until I had multiple orders for them....(yes I had them delivered within the timeframe I specified), but I made sure the idea was validated before I actually spent my time on it.

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C
i didn't really want to go in to the overall validation, execution, or market testing phase because it would lead to a long and drawn out post so I just focused on the idea

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.