The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UNSCRIPTED: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ladies and gentlemen,

After a long writing process, I'm happy to say that my next book will be tentatively released on May 23rd, 2017. This is a soft announcement.

Official pre-order and pre-release announcements will come several months before.

Writing this book was very difficult for me because I had to write it for two very different audiences: 1) A TMF reader already familiar with "Fastlane" and 2) A reader unfamiliar with TMF . This made the book about 20% larger than I wanted (it's over 400 pages).

UNSCRIPTED advances and expands on my first book, the Millionaire Fastlane . It takes a holistic, life approach toward this beautiful thing we call entrepreneurship. UNSCRIPTED is not about creating a career-- it's about creating a unique existence. It's not about building a business-- it's about building a life.

0954358161.MAIN2.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Am I the only one who thinks that the covers suck???

Front cover.
Obviously 'unlock' and 'unleash' have been chosen, because they start with un- and not because they will create the right impact. It would make sense if the invisible script was 'revealed' not unlocked and the 'unleashing of the dream' looks like a premature ejaculation.

The happy flying man suggests an 'event' that will deliver instant happiness.

The subtitle is maybe more relatable to american audience, but seems pretty random.

Back cover.
Television is probably getting a bit outdated. Maybe it's just a sign of having a poor social life, but I really don't know anybody personally who turns to mindless television often if ever. When you think about it someone who does have such a habit probably doesn't realise that they have a problem and will not give a F*ck about this book.
The middle paragraph is kinda lame. Maybe it would be better if it went:
"Ever since you've been old enough to sit obediently in a classroom, you have been culturally engineered for servitude, unwittingly enslaved into a Machiavellian system where illusionary rules go unchallenged, sanctified traditions go unquestioned, and lifelong dreams go unfulfilled.Your life got hijacked before you even got started, and it is not just you. The system leaves people marginalized down to debt, despair, and dependence. Their mundane and trivial life auto-repeats, fun fades and dreams die."

P.S. I don't claim any expertise. I am just an idiot who thinks his opinion is important.

Someone has a new baby. Posts a picture...

And you chime in to tell them their baby is ugly?

WTF

Sometimes opinions are terrific when people ask for feedback. Sometimes you would be better off to keep your thoughts to yourself. This likely would've been one of those times.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

No worries man, I thought he made some interesting points, was glad to hear it.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
In for preorder.

but I really don't know anybody personally who turns to mindless television often if ever. When you think about it someone who does have such a habit probably doesn't realise that they have a problem and will not give a F*ck about this book.

I know tons, tons of people who are the perfect targets for this book (engineers, chemists, medical professionals, etc. making $70,000-175,000/yr but working themselves to death and unsure of how to catch a break except to retire), who watch hours of TV a week. They have spouses, kids, and lots of friends. Maybe they don't do it on a TV, maybe it's on an iPad or a monitor or a phone, but consider that 23,000,000 people have watched Game of Thrones alone. Millions watched Stranger Things. It's not outdated. If you'd been at Best Buy during the holidays and seen the steady stream of big-screens filing out the door, you'd realize that.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
DAMN that title, cover and description is pure money. Looks like a guaranteed best seller.

Can't wait to read this - I am seriously hyped. Well done MJ - must be a great feeling to have it finally up.

This is a cool topic that is very complimentary to the first book while still having its own unique feel.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know you didn't do this book but how long did it take to record the previous book? Must take a few weeks.

It took me 9 months using the good 'ole DIY way ...this time I said "no way" and paid the piper to have it done professionally. I wasn't going to go through that ordeal again.

While I really wanted to narrate again, that would have stretched out the process from 45 days to months.

Now it should be available by release date, or just slightly thereafter.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Audiobook ... Chapter 1.

Attachments

• 005_Unscripted_CH01.mp3
    13.9 MB · Views: 90

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Are you doing signed copies delivered with roses and white wine again

I plan on hand delivering to you in my unitard thong. :rofl:

How about a pre-release for those on the inside?

Most likely will be the case as we move closer.

umb question: Whether (and when) book would be released in my country (Poland) depends only on our local publishers?

Depends on international distribution. I think worse case, you'll be able to buy it at Amazon UK, or the international book store BookDepository.

but are you able to offer direct sales with signatures to members?

Yes, that will probably be pre-release.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Placing the first pre-order.
Damn. Still a few months to wait!

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Man, you would have to be a Toad not to want to read this book!

Especially Like:
"The truth is, if you blindly follow conventional wisdom pushed by conventional people living conventional lives, can you expect to be anything but conventional?"

I cannot wait to INVEST in a copy.

MJ, thanks again for inspiring others to A Different Way

Nice update on the forum. Especially like the badges! Well thought out!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, congrats man! :)
49e4ff68f04d4f9f4247f9c7e2b0c6d5baa89222914702c01b6256fa821d8489.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
MJ Looks great!

I know it might be fairly difficult and time consuming, but are you able to offer direct sales with signatures to members?

I buy most of my books in e-book format now, and if this if offered that way I will do the same. However, I would love to read a physical version, having a signature would make it all that much more special.

Come back to the meetup in 2018 and get it signed in person

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
you wont be reading the audio version yourself because it was one of the things that made TMFL audibook stand out from all the others.

The guy who's reading it did a real good job in mimicking my energy and inflection. I don't think you will be disappointed.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
holy shittttt awesome!!!

I was wondering what else could you possibly write a whole book about after fastlane, now i get it!

The Millionaire Fastlane = HOW
Unscripted = WHY

buying day 1

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen,

After a long writing process, I'm happy to announce my next book will be tentatively released on May 23rd, 2017.

Pre-order and pre-release announcements will come several months before.

Writing this book was very difficult for me because I had to write it for two very different audiences: 1) A TMF reader already familiar with "Fastlane" and 2) A reader unfamiliar with TMF . This made the book about 20% larger than I wanted (it's over 400 pages).

UNSCRIPTED advances and expands on my first book, the Millionaire Fastlane . It takes a holistic, life approach toward this beautiful thing we call entrepreneurship. UNSCRIPTED is not about creating a career-- it's about creating a unique existence. It's not about building a business-- it's about building a life.

View attachment 13895 View attachment 13896
I like it! In order to do something no else has done, you can't follow a script.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Oh and congrats MJ. I'm glad but also sad the book doesn't have a bright orange ferrari on the front.

I can't wait to display it on my bookshelf. Are you doing signed copies delivered with roses and white wine again, or was that too much of a pain to send me last time?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Where did you go to preorder?

Right now it can be pre-ordered on Amazon as the page was just put up a few days ago.

I haven't officially announced it yet, so people are finding it on their own, and probably through linkage to TMF .

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Oh wow, I can't wait to read this! I knew the release was coming up, but I didn't realize it was this close. You know, I think I read and/or listened to the Millionaire Fastlane at least five or six times? I have it on Kindle and on audiobook, and maybe even a paperback, too. It was seriously one of the best books I've ever read.

And now there's something new. Whooohooo!

Hey, can I obnoxiously remind everyone here that if they read it, it would be nice of them to leave a review? The reviews don't have to be long. Even a sentence or two is more helpful than a lot of people realize, and a neat way to thank M.J. for creating and maintaining this awesome forum.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I started reading your new book yesterday. I rarely get so excited about a book. Your writing style is even better and punchier than in TMF. I absolutely agree with your thoughts and observations that people following the script would call "controversial" (LOL, and it's not controversial to sell your soul and blindly follow the herd).

Just scheduled a broadcast to my newsletter list of 14,000+ people to promote your book. Some of them might get pissed or offended, but your book's message is too important not to spread it. You should get a few dozen more sales today.

By the way, you forgot to remove "*** Coming Soon from International Best-Selling Author, MJ DeMarco" from your blurb on Amazon.

Mosfet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 30, 2016
Someone has a new baby. Posts a picture...

WTF

Sometimes opinions are terrific when people ask for feedback. Sometimes you would be better off to keep your thoughts to yourself. This likely would've been one of those times.

Oh, come on, how is a book a baby?

When I was going to toastmaster meetings, I never understood why people are not telling me that my speeches suck. I mean seriously, they were so bad when I think about it and everybody was just like "Well done!"

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
When I was watching the countdown I thought I'd have the book for my flight home from my ski trip tomorrow.

Anyway. Can't wait for it to be available! MJs writing never disappoints.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I LOVE the one word title. I sooo detest scripts, blueprints, and step-by-step instructions. The title should really resonate with the people you want to attract.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Are you going to actually talk to me this time or just run away again!?

Run away. I'm an introvert. I get threatened by people who intimidate me.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
You know MJ has a good brand when I didn't even look at the cover until I saw people here arguing about it. Never occurred to me to look at the package, because I'm amped to tear it open and find out what's inside.

Tear open the book. Not an unitard thong.

I like MJ's work, but if he starts walking around in a thong talking about how he's the Messiah, I'm out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.