The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UNSCRIPTED: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

Requix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 2, 2016
Norway
Thank you so much for sharing all of this!
I've listened to TMFL on Audible once to many and I really enjoy it, its the kind of book that motivates you and helps you remember on what track to stay!
Just ordered both of the paperbacks, altho I cant wait for the audiobook of Unscripted .
It was a real bummer that you wont be reading the audio version yourself because it was one of the things that made TMFL audibook stand out from all the others.
Anyways thanks again MJ!

tonyf7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Oct 27, 2016
Arkansas
@MJ DeMarco Preordered your book and I'm only on chapter 5 or 6, but I just wanted to compliment you on your writing. TMFL was absolutely captivating and a huge smack upside the head. But DAMN! Unscripted is an engulfing EXPERIENCE. A true kick in the nuts (or vajayjay for the ladies). It's been a very emotional read for me so far. Thanks for making it. Well done my good man.

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Like TMF , I can tell it's going to pack a KO punch of truth; espicially after reading the "throw the whole damn paradigm out" bit ;)

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Oh, come on, how is a book a baby?

When I was going to toastmaster meetings, I never understood why people are not telling me that my speeches suck. I mean seriously, they were so bad when I think about it and everybody was just like "Well done!"
I thought you made some good points. The book isn't out yet so maybe he's still considering changes?

I think the TMF is up there with all those Tim Ferriss books in terms of popularity, a nice modern cover would go a long way. His new Tools of the Titans book looks really nice, visually appealing.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Oh and congrats MJ. I'm glad but also sad the book doesn't have a bright orange ferrari on the front.

I can't wait to display it on my bookshelf. Are you doing signed copies delivered with roses and white wine again, or was that too much of a pain to send me last time?

He didn't fly you out for a personal signing and candle lit dinner for two?

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
Rewrite life's script: ditch the job, give Wall Street the bird, and escape the insanity of trading your life away for a paycheck and an elderly promise called retirement.

Best line lol.

I like the cover, reminds me of one of MJ's posts about life being a game. I think the cover would speak to more people than others though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Congratulations MJ! Can't wait to read through Unscripted , add it to the collection, and share it when I can. I'm sure it'll be as eye-opening as the first book.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
The only other time in my life I have been excited for a book to be released was when King started up again on The Dark Tower. But that's nothing compared to this. What a funny feeling :rofl:

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Ladies and gentlemen,

After a long writing process, I'm happy to say that my next book will be tentatively released on May 23rd, 2017. This is a soft annoucement.

Official pre-order and pre-release announcements will come several months before.

Writing this book was very difficult for me because I had to write it for two very different audiences: 1) A TMF reader already familiar with "Fastlane" and 2) A reader unfamiliar with TMF . This made the book about 20% larger than I wanted (it's over 400 pages).

UNSCRIPTED advances and expands on my first book, the Millionaire Fastlane . It takes a holistic, life approach toward this beautiful thing we call entrepreneurship. UNSCRIPTED is not about creating a career-- it's about creating a unique existence. It's not about building a business-- it's about building a life.

View attachment 13898 View attachment 13900
I've listened to TMF audiobook at least 20 times since I purchased it. I sought to master that mindset and the philosophies and teachings it contained so I knew it like the back of my hand. That book has been the single biggest contributing factor to the change I've made in life (short of having a kid). I even bought my wife a copy of the book.
"Unscripted " already sounds fantastic and the design is spot on. Great work. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
No worries man, I thought he made some interesting points, was glad to hear it.

I don't know, Bill Gates wasn't exactly a great looking baby, but he did ok:
heres-bill-gates-5-step-plan-for-drastically-cutting-infant-mortality.jpg

Looking forward to reading the book, MJ. The stuff you seem to focus on in it is exactly what I'm struggling with right now - old thoughts about myself, my life, etc., that are holding me back.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
The title of the book is perfect.

Reminds me of when I used to want to be a filmmaker and hated the idea of scripts.. (I preferred shot lists)

When I refused to write a script in my film class back in highschool because it wasn't the way I liked to work, my teacher called me extremely arrogant and lazy. This shows him, haha!

All jokes aside, can't wait to pre-order it, extremely excited for the value I know this book will provide. Thanks MJ!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Instant bestseller.

Are you gonna be doing interviews about this book, like you did with TMF ? When will we be seeing your face on national television?

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Would love an audible version in the future too. :smile:

This must be the fourth time that I'm listening to The Millionaire Fastlane .

I only wish I found the book earlier...like when I was 10. Haha

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
558%
Mar 11, 2015
Already 30% into the book! So much gold ive practically highlighted half the book so far lol. after day one i decided not to action fake, but rather do something today to grow my business! In one day alone I paid off my car loan in cash (no more payments!) To put more cash into the business, and invested money into marketing to grow my business. All profits from my company go right back into growth while living off my 9-5 labor job. Feels like i finally have control and i commitment after going through an FTE last week that changed everything for me. Thank you MJ!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.