The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(Udemy) Outsourcing software development

Roger FS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 23, 2018
MN, USA
I listen to a wide variety of Udemy classes while working (usually at 1.25-1.5X speed), and am finding this one especially interesting on Running a Web Development business:
https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-guide-to-running-a-web-development-business/

Forewarning, there's also a lot of very basic items in the video, but since I'm listening in the background it's often a good review. This instructor also has relatively short teaching segments, separated by a short musical intro/concluding segments a few seconds long (ie - a Pomodoro-like style.) I find this helpful to keep my mind from drifting while having it playing in the background; I don't know that I would be as keen if I was focused on it exclusively. I very much have an audio-learning bias, have countless Audibles to back it up.

The instructor (Evan Kimbrell) is himself running an established web development business, and is speaking from his day-to-day experiences. He himself is non-technical (can't code), but he learned enough technical over the course of time to manage technical projects and grow his business. He had originally moved to India to setup his business, having to learn the ins and outs first-hand of working with overseas developers. Kinetic execution came to mind while he covered his background. The portion I listened to yesterday covered his experiences & recommendations in working with Elance, UpWork, and Freelancer, which may be helpful for me in the future.

I'm early in the web development learning process (a different Udemy video, off hours at home), with an eventual mindset toward a SAAS application. I am looking to kindle ideas while going through my training, as I learn more of the technologies and think about them during work/life. Want to do as much development as possible myself, but keeping an open mind concerning contracting in the longer-term.

If you like this author's style (which I do, for my aforementioned background training), he has a number of entrepreneurial focused videos, and they often tend to be pretty long. I had previously listened to about half of his detailed MVP one (21 hrs long!), which I will review later as I get ideas formulated that I want to pursue.

The Udemy training comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you really hate Kimbrell's style you wouldn't be out anything financially (they have a $10.99 sale currently, ending this evening.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.